Dm800hd se please help

The issue really here is not setting up dmbox
My issue is when some channels work ok and others i get tune failed error message
When i try the same bouquet in my dm800 it works fine
Could it be tge tuner , i have just intalled it today

Hi don't worry mate its always a hassle getting a new box and not knowing stuff but basically everything is the same with both boxes.
my advice to you now is to do a factory reset and start over again as you may have altered and adjusted stuff not for the good.
start with a clean box and enjoy the challenge don't let it beat you..guys on here will go out of their way to help you mate so you will without doubt get there in the end.
please tell us what image you have installed and will guild you through it once you reset box.
you will need to download to computer dreambox edit and dreambox control center.and then we go from there.

p.s I just had a thought if you flash this image everything is totally all set up for you..its already pre configured will save you a load of hassle.
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/277/

you can just adust stuff to suit you.

Empty tuner after i installed that image backup

Last edited by a moderator:
Empty tuner after i installed that image backup

That image backup is for dm800se original, if you read back the thread I posted an image that is the latest pli for the clone sunray you have.
Try that image and then install your channel list from ts panel, remember to first set up all your sats in your tuner config.

That image backup is for dm800se original, if you read back the thread I posted an image that is the latest pli for the clone sunray you have.
Try that image and then install your channel list from ts panel, remember to first set up all your sats in your tuner config.

Is it ssl84b?

Yes pal ssl84b I have the same sunray clone and I am running that image now without issue, it's the most stable I have found.

Works for me :)
Also don't forget to get yourself that new channel list.

Its for a CLONE..you need to flash bootloader ssl84b first..then the image..then bootloader again one after the other with no reboot inbetween after you have flashed the last bootloader pull out power for a few seconds.reboot

[Bootloader]sim2_800SE_SSL84B - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums bootloader

[BackUp] DW v1.1 ** - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums image

The reason i said to use this image is that everything is pre configured.you flash it turn on your box its all done for you and will work straight away.its has the channels and tuner all configured.
The reason you had an empty tuner was because you need to first flash bootloader..then the image..and then bootloader again one after the other and then pull out power for a few seconds..reboot it will all be working.

its for a clone..you need to flash bootloader ssl84b first..then the image..then bootloader again one after the other with no reboot inbetween after you have flashed the last bootloader pull out power for a few seconds.reboot

[Bootloader]sim2_800SE_SSL84B - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums bootloader

[BackUp] DW v1.1 ** - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums image

Images intalled fine

The problem is the tuner it picks only some channels on any given satellite
It is yhe same stmptoms on every image i have tried
I will have to turn the tuner back

Images intalled fine

The problem is the tuner it picks only some channels on any given satellite
It is yhe same stmptoms on every image i have tried
I will have to turn the tuner back

AGAIN IF YOU ARE GETTING A CHANNEL IT IS NOT THE TUNER ITS WORKING ITS RECEIVING CHANNELS JUST NOT THE ONES YOU WANT SO CONFIGURE THE TUNER..TUNER IS WORKING FINE.ITS THE CONFIGURATION NOT THE TUNER.!!!!!
have you configured tuner???you need to configure the tuner.
go to settings then set up then service searching and then tuner configuration press okay then make sure tuner is configured to SIMPLE and the satalite chosen is set to Astra 1A/2n 28.2E,eulesat 28A.(28.2E)

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/233241/

But if you have installed the back up image I posted it will be configured.
have you done a service search???scanned for channels??

AGAIN IF YOU ARE GETTING A CHANNEL IT IS NOT THE TUNER ITS WORKING ITS RECEIVING CHANNELS JUST NOT THE ONES YOU WANT SO CONFIGURE THE TUNER..TUNER IS WORKING FINE.ITS THE CONFIGURATION NOT THE TUNER.!!!!!
have you configured tuner???you need to configure the tuner.
go to settings then set up then service searching and then tuner configuration press okay then make sure tuner is configured to SIMPLE and the satalite chosen is set to Astra 1A/2n 28.2E,eulesat 28A.(28.2E)

I have tried that too , simple and advanced cofig i have motorised dish but no joy

Wlbut when i put my other dm800 all is ok

I have tried that too , simple and advanced cofig i have motorized dish but no joy

Wlbut when i put my other dm800 all is ok

okay every sat you are using will need to be channel scanned/searched in order to have the channels
also you will need to have the correct sat xml to receive from those satalites i believe.
someone else needs to jump in as i do not have a motorized dish and my knowledge is limited to single sat non motor.
keep at it you will get there.how about you mimic the settings from your dm800

okay every sat you are using will need to be channel scanned/searched in order to have the channels
also you will need to have the correct sat xml to receive from those satalites i believe.
someone else needs to jump in as i do not have a motorized dish and my knowledge is limited to single sat non motor.
keep at it you will get there.how about you mimic the settings from your dm800

Thank you AJT for help

Yes the configuration is all good my problem is tuner picking up some channels but not all on any given satellite

Example:

I can watch bbc 1 and 2
I cant watch itv1 and itv2 tuner failed it says

I have updated my xml and i have been using my bouquet and downloaded most updated ones but same problem trued diferent images

Everything else is fine apart from tuning some channels and signal jumping beetween 0 and 15 or 59 per cent

As well i rescanned satrelite and i lost alor of channels name on my bouquets and these channels are the ones that tune failed error message come ip when i press them

I very much doubt

Can't reiterate this enough but you need to update your channels list.
Don't use your old bouquet get the latest one either from ts panel or google it and take vhannibals latest list and import that.
The problem is not the tuner it is the channel list, I would be tempted to try your old tuner on that image your now using and see what happens.
@AJ I have tried that backup image on my clone se and I also get that error. It has tuners A & B empty.

Can't reiterate this enough but you need to update your channels list.
Don't use your old bouquet get the latest one either from ts panel or google it and take vhannibals latest list and import that.
The problem is not the tuner it is the channel list, I would be tempted to try your old tuner on that image your now using and see what happens.
@AJ I have tried that backup image on my clone se and I also get that error. It has tuners A & B empty.

Hi gasman aint that weird..I have dm800se clone and worked okay on mine.fisrt time flashed i had empty tuners then i flashed bootloader again on advice from wizz and all was good and have followed that ever since as before nearly all images i flashed had empty tuners.strange how one image is good on a box and not another.could be front processor difference.

your right i think the guys problem is he has to ftp over or something latest bouquets of the channels he wants plus with the sat xml.
i dont think he understands you need the bouqets to receive the channel even though he can select it to veiw it wont be there as it aint tuned in.
is rats "bouquet updater" available from the plugins menu? that may be a help for him.as it will load sat xml as well.(it will sort everything then scan for channels and tune in
he can make one with dreambox tools but rats is the best option for him

Last edited:
Rats updated is available but is only for fixed 28e. There is vhannibals available from the settings 1 in ts panel he just needs to install the latest settings for motor. All should be well then

Rats updated is available but is only for fixed 28e. There is vhannibals available from the settings 1 in ts panel he just needs to install the latest settings for motor. All should be well then

There is also on other forum a full backup of image openpli for motorized dish for four sats by a chap called ferret.
could try that image.
It is well difficult to sort this stuff out if your new to it..what we find the most simplest of things is very confusing to others
if it were me i would load an image that was all done for me back it up and tweak it to suit.If you screw it up restore settings.

Last edited:
I hve tried the back up by ferret and trust me when i say i have not left a stone unturned then i did
Tuner only scan certain frequencies

I hve tried the back up by ferret and trust me when i say i have not left a stone unturned then i did
Tuner only scan certain frequencies

I dont understand "Tuner only scan certain frequencies" as it will scan what you have put in have you installed the channel lists???
there is something you are not doing that has nothing to do with tuner functionality as no matter what if you get only A SINGLE channel to view tuner is working fine. it is your channel lists it wont scan what aint there until you put in the channel list/bouquets it will not have the channels

Back