Dm800 Flashing problem

When i use dreamup to flash an image via network, i still need to have the null modem cable connected! Wasnt aware that you can just flash via ethernet/web browser!

You can do it via your web browser (even is PC is wireless), just by typing in a url :)

Sounds like your dish is not aligned properly.

Set it to 1W & find something like BBC world, maximise signal (i use sat finder that emits a sound - the stronger the signal, the more high pitched it goes). Once you have 1W sorted, all the others should fall into place when you select them from your channel list (i.e select BBC1 on 28,2E & motor should move & picture should appear).

Are you using a motorised dish or fixed ?

If all else fails, have you got a sky dish installed ? If so, you can always plug this in to make sure your 28.2E channels are working !!

Supposed i should of mentioned that i am a satellite installer, dish is alligned perfect and Usals was working fine with the old Gemini Image, it is just not working with the new Nabilo image.

It moves but dont seem to find the satellite's, strange but it will be solved today.

Thanks for the input though ChrisUK.

Supposed i should of mentioned that i am a satellite installer, dish is alligned perfect and Usals was working fine with the old Gemini Image, it is just not working with the new Nabilo image.

It moves but dont seem to find the satellite's, strange but it will be solved today.

hi,

if you manage to get it working, can you please let me know how you did it, as Im having the exact same problem as you.

Thanks

Right, OK......

So your dish moves, but doesnt pick up any channels ? With your downloaded channels, if you select a satellite different from your position, once the dish has stopped moving, what is the signal strength your getting ?

I had this problem, except my naiblosat image v012 wouldnt even get off booting screen when flashed! Instead I went for the pli jade 3 and it's now working fine.

Ok newcomers, couldn't see a problem anywhere, moved the box into the room where i can see the dish moving and it moved fine, moved it back to the room where it wasn't working before and its fine, so maybe its worth trying to re-boot your box a couple of times, usals is not as good as diseqc 1.2 if you ask me, or it maybe something in the box or image as i always used diseqc 1.2 with no probs and usals was fine with the last image i had, but it is a tiny bit out of tune when i move from nilesat 7ow to astra2 28.2o east, never had this before.

If you still have no luck mate post it in the sat section, everyone is more than happy to help here, if there is a problem DW can fix it.

Good luck.

Back