DM800 - Every HD channel showing 'TUNE FAILED'

fook me you must have the patience of a saint, id of lofted that box out the window at this stage.

from my understanding mate, you replaced the coax to get rid of some of the noise that seems to be multiplied along side the signal thanks to the amp.

you might want to look at the source of the problem pal by looking at the dish/lnb.
in theory if they are cheap ones with a high noise value then replacing them should help but tbh i'd just get a refund on your box, wait a week and get the tm800hd m8.

Regards,
CrazyFool

When i first had these kind of glitching issues (only on discovery hd) i thought it was my dish/lnb... so i moved the dish around, but turns out that tweaking my lnb off by a degree or so did the trick. I had my missus on the phone sat inside and she told me if the signal was better or worse. It worked well for a while... few weeks later, problems again!

Hopefully you wont, as you have all the other fixes in place!

from my understanding mate, you replaced the coax to get rid of some of the noise that seems to be multiplied along side the signal thanks to the amp.

Yes but there is very little noise there in the first place, for example, BBC-HD has 100% SNR 99% AGC and 0% BER, Sky News has 99% SNR 99% AGC and 0% BER, the amp is not needed and neither was the complete re-fit of my coax and plugs. :(

My dish is aligned perfectly, I've tweaked it to perfection.

The problem is a scrap Dreambox 800 clone not being able to handle DVB-S2 streams properly, I've finally come to terms with it and I'm doing no more tweaks.

I'm getting a refund on Sunday anyway, I can't wait. :)

No he's not, I'm takling it back to the guy Flickster got it from. :)

The Blocharirn fella.

Phil said if I had any problems to let him know, but since we're both unhappy with the box then I might aswell just return it and save Phil the trip into Blochairn, especially as I was gonna go in anyway. :)

:CRYBABY:

I've spent all day trying to get some sense out of this box. I finally managed to get 1 deg West installed and I've been watching Sky News for hours, about 30 minutes ago I decided to do some surfing to see if anything else was on to watch - bad idea.

Not a single other channel was working, earlier on they were ALL working fine, but now the tuner has lost them, so I tuned back into Sky New and that's fucking gone now aswell!

I'm scared to turn it off as I know it'll take at least half an hour to turn back on.

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Absolute junk.

I've spent all day trying to get some sense out of this box. I finally managed to get 1 deg West installed and I've been watching Sky News for hours, about 30 minutes ago I decided to do some surfing to see if anything else was on to watch - bad idea.

Not a single other channel was working, earlier on they were ALL working fine, but now the tuner has lost them, so I tuned back into Sky New and that's fucking gone now aswell!

I'm scared to turn it off as I know it'll take at least half an hour to turn back on.

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Absolute junk.

I think you should ask admin to change your user name again.
To LUCKY :banana:

A big Thank You to Alex at Blochairn Market for refunding the DM800 :)

He sells all sorts of sat boxes Technomate, Dreambox etc and all necessary gadgets to get them up and running, dishes, cables, meters etc. Prices are excellent too, plus Digital Worldz members get a discount :)

You canny miss him, he's the only one with a big Sat dish on top of his van, and he's got a funny accent, lol

He refunded me and I bought a DM500-S, brought it home, plugged it in, some minor setting up and I was up and running within 10 minutes, ahh the good old DM500, the workhorse of the Dreambox range. :)

Thanks again Alex.

Now the waiting game for the TM800 begins.......

how much was the 500s mate?
dealextreme sell it for just under £50 delivered.

£50 mate, and a personal guarantee from a nice decent bloke.

Much better than dealing with Xingulantiwang Xhuhawnng from Guandongalinlanzatopia.. :)

hehe,
any chance of getting his telephone number? and will he deliver out to me?
its not often that i cross the border.

Regards,
CrazyFool

I don't know if he delivers mate, I'd expect you would have to pay postage on top of that though if he did.

I'l pm the number.

Back