DM800 - Every HD channel showing 'TUNE FAILED'

OMFG!

I can see Discovery HD, it's glitchy as fook but it's there!

Ah, now it has frozen completely and the Tune Failed message popped up, but that is the most action I've seen in days from any HD channel.

E4 is working great!

I was sure you guys were talking pish, lol

Eurosport HD is working fine too.

Put the amp back on.

that is damn wierd
might be cos you lot don't need fans,
all that fookin cold weather up north keeps all your electronics cool to the touch ;)

lol, it goes against everything I've ever learnt about electronics and heat.

Just i thought guys
Are the fans powered from a seperate power source? If NOT it may be nothing to do with the heat but maybe a power issue due to the fans using power from the box therfore the tuners are being under powered.

Just i thought guys
Are the fans powered from a seperate power source? If NOT it may be nothing to do with the heat but maybe a power issue due to the fans using power from the box therfore the tuners are being under powered.

That crossed my mind a few days ago and I unplugged the fan, but it made no difference.

What I will do now is power the fan from my TV's usb port and see if the Dreambox starts glitching again.

So far so good, Nat Geo HD hasn't glitched once and I've had it on for about 3 minutes.

What are the other 'usual suspect' channels?

Sky Sports 1 HD?

I moved the little fan over the the other side of the box so at least there is some air flow were needed lol see piccie
Yes mate, the dreambox is shockingly hot.

But would it not start to glitch straight away if that was the case m8 and as you see i still have the fan in there albeit in a different position and on a different plug
Just i thought guys

Last edited:
I moved the little fan over the the other side of the box so at least there is some air were needed lol see piccie

But would it not start to glitch straight away if that was the case m8

Are you me?

I done exactly that too, as i was worried about the card inside the dm800 getting too hot.

MY ScyFy HD is poop :(

Sky Action HD failed too, and Modern Greats HD.....infact all the Sky HD movies are failing.

Tune Failed, I'll try amp back on it.....

Are you me?

I done exactly that too, as i was worried about the card inside the dm800 getting too hot.
LOL same as me i posted about it here
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/229596/#post1701299
I bet it just nearly glitches every 3 minutes or so?

Its not a glitch as such but its not 100% perfect.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/229596/#post1701299
No m8 no problems at all on any HD channel

@witchy i still have to have my inline amp on otherwise mine glitch

Last edited by a moderator:
My box stopped tuning into ANY channel, not even BBC1 in SD would work, everything failed. I had to reboot but the machine took 5 minutes before it would power back on.

I think my box has more than a dodgy tuner to worry about.

@ everyone that uses an inline amp, does your SNR increase with the amp in place? Because mine goes down. :err:

My box stopped tuning into ANY channel, not even BBC1 in SD would work, everything failed. I had to reboot but the machine took 5 minutes before it would power back on.

I think my box has more than a dodgy tuner to worry about.

@ everyone that uses an inline amp, does your SNR increase with the amp in place? Because mine goes down. :err:

FFS!

I would take your box back mate, thats not just a tuner issue right there.

Yeah, mine goes down, but not 50%.

I agree mate, there's just too many small niggles that don't bode well.

Although tomorrow I'm going to be replacing all my coax and hopefully my new motor will arrive aswell, so we'll see if things improve after all that is fitted.

Found this posted elsewhere about inline amps but see whats its like after you have changed the coax cable

There are 3 Types that work and there all dependant on situation
1) 10Db Ususally solves the problem, doesnt show signal drop
2) 20Db Solves problem, but can sometimes cause a signal drop which can disturb other channels
3) 12-18db Variable Amp, Solves problems as it changed the amplification per channel.

Last edited:
Option 3 looks like the best choice, I wish you had posted this 2 days ago, lol :)

ok, so postman arrives today with 10m of coax, I cut 7m off it and fit 2 new f-plugs, I rigged it all up and excitedly I rushed indoors to see the difference.......

Fook all, still the same fooked HDTV channels and every SD channel sitting pretty. :)

ok, so postman arrives today with 10m of coax, I cut 7m off it and fit 2 new f-plugs, I rigged it all up and excitedly I rushed indoors to see the difference.......

Fook all, still the same fooked HDTV channels and every SD channel sitting pretty. :)

What did you fit? Inline amp?

12-18db Variable Amp, Solves problems as it changed the amplification per channel.

Where'd you find one of those?

What did you fit? Inline amp?

The inline amp is a piece of shite.

My signals are far better without it.

Today I replaced all my coax and plugs, just incase something was wrong, but it made no difference. I don;t even know why I'm bothering because I know my signal is excellent.

Back