@ DjSyXx, about £65 dreambox

Status
Not open for further replies.
calisto did you have to pay any duty or was it marked as gift?

No, did not have to pay any VAT or anything.

Yep, ordered it on the Wed evening & got it on monday morning, if not for the weekend would have been here earlier: big crow

My advice to anyone thinking they're clever and getting a job lot ordered together is to think again. Order 1 on its own and you stand a fair chance of no customs/vat charges. Order several and you have NO chance if it slipping through customs.

In that case its a wate of time, 1 box delivered is 190 dollars.

In that case its a wate of time, 1 box delivered is 190 dollars.

Not really works out arround £90 not to far of what people said they were willing to pay for a known clone

any1 know which courier goldstone uses?? ordered a box to try out, got tracking number today but nothing else

ems.....thats who he posted with, google it....theres a few but you,ll need the china site i think, i got the same tracking number but no courier so i emailed him.

edit click the link this is the site.....here

Last edited by a moderator:
David McCauseland Review on the site ...

"Well, box arrvied after 4 days of waiting. All shinny and new:)
I have setup a lot of dboxes and this was my first dreambox. Dreambox was always out of my price range noramlly being 180-200GBP. When I could get dboxes 2 for 120 inc shipping.

But I must say, I flashed a UK image onto it and OMG! the image and sound is fantastic, stability is great, currently running 36hrs without 1 hickup.

The movie recording/playing and mp3s playing has always been troublsome on dbox2, but on this its solid as a rock.

Zeus you are bringing to the masses what is noramly out of our reach and I want to thankyou for that.

Your cusotmer services is the best in the business and I truely believe you when you said you have never had one unhappy customer.

Keep up the great work and I hope our deal still stands with regards me reselling these for you;)

Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]"

Last edited:
Is that a clone or the real thing ?

Anything cheaper than 139GBP is most likely an import m8ty. So yes its not orginal, but works just ask good:) 4 months of testing one and still stable as a rock.

Well its better than 130 plus postage. Where are they shipping from ?

David McCauseland Review on the site ...

"Well, box arrvied after 4 days of waiting. All shinny and new:)
I have setup a lot of dboxes and this was my first dreambox. Dreambox was always out of my price range noramlly being 180-200GBP. When I could get dboxes 2 for 120 inc shipping.

But I must say, I flashed a UK image onto it and OMG! the image and sound is fantastic, stability is great, currently running 36hrs without 1 hickup.

The movie recording/playing and mp3s playing has always been troublsome on dbox2, but on this its solid as a rock.

Zeus you are bringing to the masses what is noramly out of our reach and I want to thankyou for that.

Your cusotmer services is the best in the business and I truely believe you when you said you have never had one unhappy customer.

Keep up the great work and I hope our deal still stands with regards me reselling these for you;)

Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]"

Who wrote the arse licking review,must be connected and getting a dropsie from zeus.
Bringing what is normally out of reach??£130 tops would call that outta reach.
Whats the deal with re-selling.
Trader alert?

have been looking at these chinese sellers, you end up having to buy at least 3 to get about 33% off , but if one goes wrong then what happens ? Also might get hit by some import thing. Its a waste of time. I notice how all of a sudden there are loads of chinese links appearing here ! I'll stick with dvb shop.

have been looking at these chinese sellers, you end up having to buy at least 3 to get about 33% off , but if one goes wrong then what happens ? Also might get hit by some import thing. Its a waste of time. I notice how all of a sudden there are loads of chinese links appearing here ! I'll stick with dvb shop.

Has been a lot of links for chinese suppliers. If warrarnty is what you need stick with DVB shop. I'm just hoping with the influx of competition, it may force dreambox to drop their prices a bit, who know:)

Well peng has sent me a tracking number so mine is on its way - he is using parcel force and shows its been collected from his house :) He says it will take 5 - 7 days to reach the UK so hopefully be able to let you know this time next week if a £70 clone is a good buy or not :)

Well peng has sent me a tracking number so mine is on its way - he is using parcel force and shows its been collected from his house :) He says it will take 5 - 7 days to reach the UK so hopefully be able to let you know this time next week if a £70 clone is a good buy or not :)

ordered one from peng too, mine is on the way. can track with parcelforce or EMS as thommohawk said

I really cant fathom the people on this thread who are saying buying from Peng is a waste of time.

For the price you're paying you're getting a brand new box which works PERFECTLY fine and saving in the region of 50/60 quid.

For a start, when the Dboxes first appeared on the scene, they were 4/5 year old boxes, we weren't getting extravagant warranties or guarantees with them, I'd even go as far as to say everyone of us at one point had bought one that was bricked and no chance was the seller taking it back.

If you'd rather go and pay 150 odds for the real thing with the all important guarantee then I don't really see the point in coming in here and badmouthing the people that don't.

Comments like "waste of time" make me think we have some DVBshop employees in here that don't like the sound of a sales drop because a decent supplier has been found.

Take into consideration the fact that you're paying now, today for a brand new clone box, a box that is identical and a box that is far cheaper and better than the now 5/6 year old Nokia/Sagem boxes we all flocked for just over 2 years ago.

I hope you're all happy with your boxes because I'm due to take a helluva Lotta stick if you ain't, all I can say it that the ones Ive bought from him have never given me any problems whatsoever and I'd buy again, saving 60 odd quid appeals to me.

Last edited:
mine is also on the way from peng. £80 delivered. have tracking number also.

id agree with one of the posts on this thread saying that if you order a few of them, you will deffo be hit for customs charges. whereas you might have a chance if there is just one..........................but...............................

if you ordered a good few from peng, im pretty sure you would get a large discount. this discount would in turn at least pay for customs charges. so would £80 really be that bad per box?

i have encountered these customs charges before when i ordered lots of original v1.50 firmware psp's from japan and it still worked out well for me

one idea would be a group buy as i suggested before, not to resale, but for a few of us to put our money together and order from peng.

its done all the time on other forums, but trust may be an issue for some people

what do you think?

I'm not in the market for anymore Dreams at preasent, but would say that a group bulk buy is probably not the right thing to do here as a £10-15 discount will be written off by the customs then you have the added expence of resending them arround the UK to the buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back