DigitalWorldz Dream Neutrino V2.1 [DM500] Feedback

Also, with regards to the new EPG. Is there a way to see all the channels and a list of all there programs for the next couple of hours like what Sky & Virgin actually have? My old firmware had it if I pressed the info button twice whilst in the EPG.

Thanks,

press the red button, you have 4 options, i think number 4 is 'technical information' - choose option 3 - that gives you what you want. what i do is go into key setup and change the red button so it only does that.

Tempted to try this on my DM500s but don't want to do a complete erase and re-flash.

Can I do it without losing everything else, currently running Gemini 4.1 (I think)?

Thanks ManofScience. This is exactly what I was looking for? How do I go into my key setup to do this as it is the view I alway use.

Also, do you know where I can find this fix for sorting my volume <> buttons?

Thanks ManofScience. This is exactly what I was looking for? How do I go into my key setup to do this as it is the view I alway use.

Also, do you know where I can find this fix for sorting my volume <> buttons?

Check the first post - Clone Safe.

(Please note some Clones suffer from a small bug where as the < and > buttons for volume are reversed, if you are suffering this download the <0> fix img)

You must have a clone, you will need the fix image.

I noticed the first post saying that however I am not sure where to find the <0> img fix. Is it the dw2-1-fta-swap.rar file instead of the dw2-1-fta.rar one?

Also, I have a genuine dreambox so should this have happened to me?

when did you buy it? a 'clone' can also mean it's branded/boxed like a dm500 - but as they haven't been made for a few years, any bought within the last few years are chinese copies. probably.

as for the key settings it's under Settings > Key binds. it'll be easy to find if u have a quick look.

I bought it years ago, the reason I didnt think it was a clone was because it has a holographic seal on it and I had read that these usually meant they were genuine.

I will have a look for the key changes, thanks mate.

Can you advise which of the files will give me the <0> img fix?

Even clones have a hologram.

Put on the normal one, if the < > are around the wrong way then put on the other image.

There is no way to know what box you have so either have a play or stick with what you have.

I am going to try flashing with the other image.
When I originally flashed v2.1 onto my box I had an option in one of the menus called Flash Image. All I had to do was rename the image to dw.img put it in the temp folder and press the flash image button.

I cant find this option anymore in v2.1 so am unsure how to do this. Can anyone help please?

frameyboy, have you tried this yet, just in case the re-flash isn't needed...?

Press Blue button, Extras, 5> Change Remote Keys, and swap the options around...

I had to do that on mine, because the keys were wrong. I re-flashed thinking I needed the other image, but that was the same, so I flashed back again, and then used the options I mention above, which sorted my problem. Don't know if you'll be as lucky though!

the standard image has

The < > the correct way around for up down channels and the vol- and vol+ around the correct way
If you select dbox keys then the < > are for volume up and down in the correct format and the vol- and vol+ do the channel up/down

the swappable <> image makes
The < > the wrong way around for up down channels and the vol- and vol+ around the correct way
If you select dbox keys then the < > are for volume up and down in the wrong format and the vol- and vol+ do the channel up/down

You can't tell which box you have without flashing the image.

I am going to try flashing with the other image.
When I originally flashed v2.1 onto my box I had an option in one of the menus called Flash Image. All I had to do was rename the image to dw.img put it in the temp folder and press the flash image button.

I cant find this option anymore in v2.1 so am unsure how to do this. Can anyone help please?

assuming you have a neutrino image on the box
ftp the img to /tmp
on the box
menu
service
blue
flash one partition
DreamBox (w/o bootloader)
select the image and flash it.

Fantastic. Everything wokring fine now without the need to reflash. Dazza your tip worked a treat, not only has it put the keys the right way around but has also moved them back to the buttons they should be on.

Thanks for all your support guys.

Fantastic. Everything wokring fine now without the need to reflash. Dazza your tip worked a treat, not only has it put the keys the right way around but has also moved them back to the buttons they should be on.

Thanks for all your support guys.

Pleasure mate, glad it was something simple.

This is probably staring me in the face but ..........

Is there a way to edit the bouquette's from the remote?

Nice image.. everything worked a treat thanks to the tips from you guys...

menu > 6 > Red

then its red for delete, green add, yellow move

Last edited:
the standard image has

The < > the correct way around for up down channels and the vol- and vol+ around the correct way
If you select dbox keys then the < > are for volume up and down in the correct format and the vol- and vol+ do the channel up/down

the swappable <> image makes
The < > the wrong way around for up down channels and the vol- and vol+ around the correct way
If you select dbox keys then the < > are for volume up and down in the wrong format and the vol- and vol+ do the channel up/down

You can't tell which box you have without flashing the image.

I have tried both images on mine and i find that with the normal image the "<" and ">" keys control the volume but they are reversed. The swappable image makes them the right way but still leaves the "vol-" and "vol+" buttons to change the channels..

I tried setting the "subchannel" settings, in the keybinding menu, to the "< >" keys but i then lost the control of the volume..

I see mentioned that if you set it to "dbox keys" it sorts this but i cant see that setting anywhere.

EDIT: Yes I am a retard and i didn't notice the post at the top of this page :)

Last edited:
love the image as always - very clear and great settings out, love the internet radio, it's got a few of my on line radio stations that stream great when connected to the net etc, i am how ever experiencing a little problem, if it's a fresh flash then all "saving" settings work, what i mean by this is say i set the ip address of box, and colours and themes and fonts etc etc then select "save" i see a little box that pops up and says "saving settings"

now after I've been trying to mount a nas drive and go to "mount" (i can't get this working for now, another story) i then reboot the box and then from now on the savings button won't save any options that i wan' to change

so for example....try and change the mount in the web page or by the box no settings will save, just the little box will flash for a second and not like it does when it's 1st installed.

Going to flash again and I'll try and give a more detailed report of when this error happens, after messing with mounts or messing with the web page of the box and mounts....

other than that, top class!

I am also Having similar problems with settings not being saved after re-boot. These are the recording to PC hard drive and mount settings.

All work when configured but all the settings are lost when the box is re-booted which is a bit of a minor inconvenience when I want to record something.

I have even tried to edit the neutrino config file and manually enter the settings but the file is protected and I cannot Chmod its permissions to enter and save the new settings.

Anyone got any ideas?

Appart from that this is still the best image for the 500!

Back