DigitalWorldz Dream Neutrino V2.1 [DM500] Feedback

Just reflashed with this image, took twice to get it running but now installed & running, fast scan worked fine.
Only slight problem so far is when I'm looking through the EPG overview the page up & page down buttons (Green/Yellow) are reversed! Is this the same fault as the other reversed buttons?
Apart from this excellent image Guys (so far!) thank you :Cheers:

Looks good so far, previously tried Neutrino 2.0 had all sorts of issues with it, fast scan settings wouldnt set after setting location, rebooting box would lose all bouquets and a rescan would be required.
Tried 2.1 last night, so far so good, set location, automatically picked up net id, frequency, channel scan fairly quick, virgin channel order and bouquets all working fine.
Used the button swap image, might need to reflash the standard 2.1 image as my arrow buttons are currently reversed !

Ah - Neutrino! Such a clean interface. :)

location works well.

Haven't worked out the Net Radio stuff yet, but looks intriguing.

Managed to crash yWeb very easily by clicking Remote on the Box Control Menu. Doesn't look like there's a httpd restart option - you have to reboot.

Is there a dboxshot for dreamboxes or an equivalent function coded for dream's frame buffer?

Keep up the good work.

Ah - Neutrino! Such a clean interface. :)

location works well.

Haven't worked out the Net Radio stuff yet, but looks intriguing.

Managed to crash yWeb very easily by clicking Remote on the Box Control Menu. Doesn't look like there's a httpd restart option - you have to reboot.

Is there a dboxshot for dreamboxes or an equivalent function coded for dream's frame buffer?

Keep up the good work.

dboxshot doesn't work thats why it wasn't included. there are a few bit's that crash yweb.
It works fine in cryo's image but can't suss out how.

Guys I'm having problems with premium channels, I have copied over the bee's and r0m files from my box after flashing the new image, still only getting FTA channels.

Can any body PM me the latest Bee's and R0m's please? ;-)

Cheers.

AK

Guys I'm having problems with premium channels, I have copied over the bee's and r0m files from my box after flashing the new image, still only getting FTA channels.

Can any body PM me the latest Bee's and R0m's please? ;-)

Cheers.

AK

2nd post in this thread and you will get your Honey!!

once ftp onto the box, chmodd the evocam too 755

Do you mean the below?

"Go to /var/bin/emu folder on your Dbox. Right click evocamd and select attributes, manually change chmod to 755"?

Just went to this location on my Dreambox and its empty :(

How do I get my cams back?

Thanks.

Last edited:
ak47 mate PM sent, ftp the files into your box and then telenet into it and follow the little tut file, ignore the fact that i sent you a folder within var.....copy the magic.tar into to /tmp on your box

then follow this....

telnet into the box
user = root
password = dreambox

cd /tmp
tar -xf magic.tar
cp var/bin/emu/* /var/bin/emu/
cp var/keys/* /var/keys/

reboot and paul daniels wand will be waved....

(all of the above is not my work, it's taking from here...so big up DW lol.....not me...i'm such a n00b my self)

Last edited:
Indeed, Debbie Magee also just slid out of the card slot on me Dreambox :banana:

Magic.tar worked a treat!

Also making the chodd change on the EVOCAM file is required too, as mentioned above.

Thank you all.

AK

Image has been working well so far, seems quick'ish and smooth, I like the search facility on EPG thats something I've not seen before.

I have'nt had to flick forwads and back beacuse of the video getting stuck on a blank screen yet, which was happening quite often on the old Neutrino image I was running.

I do though have a problem scanning and picking up the ESPN channels, which seems like a issue a few people are experiencing

The only one of the ESPN channel that gets picked up in the scan is ESPN HD, I have tried different scan settings, but no luck.

I have noticed after running magic.tar that in the Nargravision menu > Auto / Manual Keys> Provider Menu I cannot change the the provider.

Currently set to 5A01 - smellywest, but my area should be 5C01 -NT* (ex C&VV)....

Funny beacuse when I look at the keys by "Show Public Keys" they start with 5C01.

On the whole a very good stable image!

Good work Guys!

finally got round to install this image, always a big fan of neutrino and this is very straightforward to setup from fresh. Love the VM sorting just so convienent. Incidently I had problems with the scanning on the previous version, some of the moved channels to lower frequencies it wouldn't pickup. Happy to say this is doing it flawlessly. Great image and many thanks.

Just installed this image from 0.1 beta and an old problem is back. When scanning it won't pickup sky box office sports and a few other channels. This problem existed in all the other images and was a known problem that just exists with dreanboxes dbox are ok. 0.1 beta fixed this problem and picked this channel and the others up. But this version the problem is back. Lucky I backed up my services file.

when using dreamup, do i press yes or no to "flash erase" pop up?

thanks!

press no mate

thanks mate, got it working, had to press the power button on the dreambox for it to show menu, otherwise it would sit with blank screen and green light on the box.

will check it out and report feeeback :)

hi all, ive just installed your image on a freinds dm500c and ive ive got a comment. "fantastic"

Quality stuff again guys, many thanks here! Just love these images.

One question though, I flashed with the non swap option, and now my volume keys have changed around, is there a way to fix this, or have I got to reflash with the Swap image?

It's nice to be back too, as I imposed myself on a DW exile for a few weeks/months as I needed a time out, but I'm pleased to be back.

DW, the comfiest pair of forum slippers on t'internet!!! :)

Thanks again.

yes it's a reflash.
to be honest i never adjust my volume as the dm500 sound is always to low anyway.

Back