Rat thx 4 thi icons m8 ive just noticed gold+1 isn't there m8

Open flashfxp or whatever you use
go to /var/tuxbox/icons/
find gold + 1 and rename it the exact same as whats on the infobar/epg
capitals space etc

I dont have the UK +1s so couldent rename those
check sci fi,nat geo and UK people too as they may not work

sorry

no worries Rat youve done a great job here m8 btw sci fi,nat geo and UK people these all work fine m8 ;)

Firstly congrats on a great image - as a fan of neutrino images this is great and can't wait for the final release.

Not sure if this is relevant - but I did notice that when watching a channel that has audio descriptive (NAR? as the default) when watching with the normal audio playing if you bring back up the channel list and make no changes (i.e checking what time the program finishes) the audio defaults back to descriptive....?

I know it's hardly a big issue but wanted to provide some feedback!

Keep up the good work - cheers

Thanks

Firstly congrats on a great image - as a fan of neutrino images this is great and can't wait for the final release.

Not sure if this is relevant - but I did notice that when watching a channel that has audio descriptive (NAR? as the default) when watching with the normal audio playing if you bring back up the channel list and make no changes (i.e checking what time the program finishes) the audio defaults back to descriptive....?

I know it's hardly a big issue but wanted to provide some feedback!

Keep up the good work - cheers

Thanks

Green button should allow you to change audio stream.Although i still aint tried image yet,lol.

1st time I have used a Neutrino image and after a few days really pleased. Prefer the layout and navigation is easier.

The only problem I have had with the image (never had this with enigma) is that the audio goes out of synch a few times a day. Change channel and its fine but thought I would mention it.

The only problem I have had with the image (never had this with enigma) is that the audio goes out of synch a few times a day. Change channel and its fine but thought I would mention it.

Try turning FastZap off

You've all been waiting for it with baited breath- and now, finally, by massive public demand- it's here!

Yes! The last missing Channel Logo for Napster's favourite program-

Tiny Pop

(the rar file contains the raw image for Neutrino).

Cheers- AL
001_smile.gif

Having put this image through its paces on several different boxes, clones and originals, I can confirm that the recording is better... and worse. :)

First of all, there's a considerable improvement in recording with Display On, which for many people used to cause so many errors that recordings were often completely useless. Unfortunately, recording with Display Off, which on Cryo's Neutrino could be used for error free recordings, now produces as many, if not more errors than Display On recordings. This might have something to do with the fact that the audio is still being played during Display Off.

I also found that long recordings sometimes weren't being written fast enough and would stop with an error message, so I increased the ringbuffers from 20 to 40 under Direct Record settings, and that seems to have solved that problem.

I was temporarily optimistic about being able to find a way to error free recordings, though, when I discovered that the image works with Dbox2Winserver, which was by far and away the most reliable way to record from most Dbox2 images. In this recording mode, Display Off also nuked the audio correctly, so that was a positive sign, but unfortunately this didn't reduce the number of errors either.

I'm hoping future releases with different tuner drivers might yield better results, but as I said, it's not all doom and gloom, unless you're as anal about error 100% free recordings as I am.

Other minor issues:

Reducing the key repeat blocker to 0 doesn't seem to do anything, and the remote remains very unresponsive, which is a bit of a hurdle for those of us who like to whiz around menus and channels.

On a couple of occasions, when going to Movie Player - Play TS, all my channels and bouquets disappeared, and the image asked me to scan for services. It's come out of the blue on 2 or 3 occasions, and I've not been able to deliberately repeat it, so I've not yet managed to determine which sequence of events causes it. A reboot fixes it, though.

I've also had the box refuse to reboot after changing skins, but again, this doesn't appear to be a consistent bug. The box would shut down, but would stay on a black screen and not start up until a hard reboot by unplugging it.

VLC streaming from PC to Dreambox doesn't seem to work for me, but being based on a Dbox image, perhaps only newer versions of VLC are supported? I haven't fully investigated this/

Other than that, it's shaping up to be a great image, though. A full channel scan picked up everything, which was 10 more channels than my old Dbox2, which was brought out of retirement for the sake of comparison.

Other minor issues:

Reducing the key repeat blocker to 0 doesn't seem to do anything, and the remote remains very unresponsive, which is a bit of a hurdle for those of us who like to whiz around menus and channels.

I agree m8 ive tried messing around with the keyblocker but it seems unresponsive & nearly always jumps 2 channels! would be good if it was just like the dbox2

So I played around with VLC a little bit today, and live streaming from the box to VLC on my PC went very well. I've yet to encounter the loss of audio that seemed to plague many images, and the video is pretty solid with only very rare breakups.

I still has no luck streaming from PC to Dreambox, though. I installed the latest VLC, and confirmed that it still worked on Dbox2, but no joy for the Dreambox. TS streaming via Movie Player/mount works just fine, though, and the common Dreambox bug where the screen went back and required a reboot seems to have disappeared as well.

Public service announcement: I'm a moron, and VLC streaming from PC to box does work.

:Clap:

Do tell as I cant get it to work.
Well, if you're having the same problem as me, just enter the IP address correctly. :)

Have you remembered to add the --extraintf=http --sout-transcode-fps 25 bit to your VLC shortcut?

Yep done all that,keep getting "Error requested file could not be found"

Got it sorted just re-installed vlc 0.8.6c and its working perfectly :proud:

will the component tv option be in the final version ? cause the quality aint as good in rgb settings, component is much sharper :proud:

Thanks

Back