DigitalWorldz Dream 1.6.5 [500c Enigma]

excellent image installed this after advise from (RAT) sorted out trouble i had with ABC1 not working on dreambox with new tuner, installed 1.6.5 set to (alt tuner) and everything is great, picture quality is excellent best i've seen so for, hats of too the image makers you do a wonderfull job, keep it up lads your worth your weight in gold

My ABC is tempromental sometime no sound sometimes no pic... will try it too

ta..btw can anyway give me basic instruction

napster did you install

1.09 then this image plus alt tuner

or

1.08 then this image plus alt tuner

got box bout 1 yr ago whihc is why i thought it woudl be older tuner

good work btw looks great from what i hear, you should add screenshots eh!

Last edited:
i never touch the fireware of the box at all m8, think it depends on what image you are running at the moment, i just flashed the image to temp dir and follow instructions in first post, great image m8 you must give this a try.

Good Image, but I have one niggle.
when I boot up the box, the screen stays on the DW logo.
I have to press 'ok' and select bouquet to select a channel.
It used to go straight into a channel before with 1.62.
Any ideas?

pretty sure there's an option on 1 of the menu's that allows u 2 select a startup service , select a channel and it should boot to it

Cheers

Good Image, but I have one niggle.
when I boot up the box, the screen stays on the DW logo.
I have to press 'ok' and select bouquet to select a channel.
It used to go straight into a channel before with 1.62.
Any ideas?

do u mean from first boot after flashing the 1.6.5 image ? if so yes sometimes it gets stuck on the boot screen press ok then job done (no real hardship) :)

if u want the box to go to a desired channel when u turn the box on first thing in the morning
do this (we will work on ITV)
go to desired channel
press OK
ITV should be highlighted in bouquet
press menu
scroll down to "Set As Startup Service"
press OK
Job done

now when u turn ur box on it will go straight to ITV

sorry dont look like above works anymore :(
it used to ???? as I used it many times lol

what i do is select a channel (sci-fi) then up a channel, back o sci-fi and reboot the box and it always starts on the sci-fi channel.

if you ok then select a channel via the bouquet list it doesn't remember ?

very nice image lads keep up the good work,only channel im missing is e4,but i have e4+1 heh

Hello all, firstly let me thank all concerned for this bouquet addition to the DWz 1.6.5 image, as it makes all the difference when your wanting to scroll through the bouquets on the quick side. Obviously, special thanks must also go to obwan for sharing this information :)

It really helps towards narrowing the gap between the often favoured Neutrino style images and the prevalent Enigma ones.

Just wondered, is this new adaption contained within a single file, so it can be copied out of and included in say the new Pli image too? If so, could some kind person inform me which file it is so I can have a bit of a play?

Thanks in advance, Chris.

The file you want is called rcdm5xxx.xml and is in /share/tuxbox/enigma/resources/.

Copy your modified file to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/resources/ then reboot. You can't copy it back to /share because it's read-only. It will use the file in /var before it uses the file in /share. :)

First class image, only a slight improvement from the last version, but still great stuff.
i thought Neutrino was the best but now i changed my mind.
Keep up the good work m8.

The file you want is called rcdm5xxx.xml and is in /share/tuxbox/enigma/resources/.

Copy your modified file to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/resources/ then reboot. You can't copy it back to /share because it's read-only. It will use the file in /var before it uses the file in /share. :)

Thank you very much...works perfectly :) Your are indeed a credit.

Chris.

excellent image just tried this iam a neutrino man but this will be on my box for a while as all neutrino images i have tried breaks up on sky sports 1 which is the best channel.all we need now is the infobar zap like on neutrino where u can scroll left or right to see whats on other channels without changin channel

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here. Just flashed this image, seems ok. Yesterday certain channels were breaking up which seem ok now...

One thing - my 'channel up' (ch+) button isn't doing anything now...? Anyone else got this problem??

rcu_orig_ommi_w.jpg

is it original box ?
is it running on a line with splitters
what image was u using before this
how did u flash the box ?

is it original box ?
is it running on a line with splitters
what image was u using before this
how did u flash the box ?

I THINK its a clone, but not sure. Looking through the vents on the top of the 500c it has "Philips" written on the silver box inside (like this DM600 pic: http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26766&d=1177850421). Remote also has "UEI Technology" logo on the back and box itself is hologrammed.

It is running purely on a line of its own which had a subscribed box connected to it before. My broadband comes in completely seperate in a different area of the house.

The box was pre-flashed when i bought it (looked just like this before I re-flashed tonight: http://tinyurl.com/2vr3ys). It had an Enigma image b4, but don't know which one. The ch+ button worked before.

I flashed the box using a Null cable RS232 with DreamUp software (latest version downloaded from Dream website) and following the "Guide to Flashing with DreamUp" (http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/754/)

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest flashing it again. It just sounds like one of those unexplainable things that's cured with a reflash.

Don't use dreamup though...

FTP the DW.img file to the /tmp folder on the dreambox and use the Flash/Backup menu within the BLUE button menu to flash it. It's much quicker. ;)

Back