digital audio output help which lead ?

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Can someone help me solve this issue please i have a plasma tv with a digital optical output thing is I have an old kenwood amp which only takes phono leads is there a way around this as i have the kenwood amp running my sound system in my living room and cant really afford to dismantle it never mind bying a new amp any advice please i suppose id need a digital to phono splitter are sommick but cant seem to find anything

It depends what you mean by the kenwood amp taking phono leads. If you mean a one phono coaxial digital input, then that Maplin converter is fine. If you're talking about standard analogue L/R phono leads then you're way off track.
You would need an analogue/digital converter.

Can someone help me solve this issue please i have a plasma tv with a digital optical output thing is I have an old kenwood amp which only takes phono leads is there a way around this as i have the kenwood amp running my sound system in my living room and cant really afford to dismantle it never mind bying a new amp any advice please i suppose id need a digital to phono splitter are sommick but cant seem to find anything

The normal route would be from the source ie STB, DVD player, PS3, Xbox360 etc straight to the AMP. I'm just curious as to why you're not using this method.

Using that maplins device you could always split the coaxial signal into phono (left and right) and I'm pretty sure it would work.

The normal route would be from the source ie STB, DVD player, PS3, Xbox360 etc straight to the AMP. I'm just curious as to why you're not using this method.

Using that maplins device you could always split the coaxial signal into phono (left and right) and I'm pretty sure it would work.

No, that only converts optical digital to coaxial digital.

I'm just surprised that the tv doesn't have normal analogue audio out as well as the digital output.

The tv definatly only has digital out put thing is if I have a digi box ps dvd player the usual stuff its easy to run the tv audio straight to the amp then it saves you attaching all your stuff to the amp

I was thinking of getting this converter then using a y coxial audio cable to the amp the same cable i use to connect my lap top to the amp via the head phone socket

but good idea for now ill just attach me dvd player to the amp untill im i sort it out

sorry to resurect a dead thread, but i have a similar problem connecting a laptop to a TV using VGA. picture comes out fine but there is no analogue audio output connectors. the only audio output for the PC or VGA IN is optical,,, any way to connect laptop headphone audio out to the TV optical audio?

Back