Sensible Topic Help - Can not sign my PDF Van Insurance document ???

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have an a PDF document that i need to sign, i have always done this on my older PC with libre Office by creating a 'box', writing my signature in a 'box' with mouse pointer and then simply adding/dragging it to the below line. I can not find thid option anymore on my new PC, latest LibreOffice??

' Signature - ________________________________________'

I have also tried File>Digital Signatures which displays a blank box with nothing to select as below -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If i then select -Sign Document, i get this box that allows me to not select or do anything?

If i select 'Start Certificate Manager' i get as below -

Anyone please help, it was VERY simple on my old laptop as i simply used the first option and dragged my signiture that it allowed to to draw into a box (i had several to select from, not digital type, but as if you wrote it with a pointer in paint etc)
Here is the doc with details blanked out.

and attached.

Cheers

Attachments

• Document blanked out with Paint.jpg
    Document blanked out with Paint.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 6
I find a pen is a very good option. (Wink's)
Joking apart can you not just save it as a picture then incert it? I dont know your processor so this is only my thoughts.

I've been doing it for years with Libre Office, wjy can't i now.

I do a lot of this shite as a Landlord, so i could print it, signit/ rescan it and turn back into a PDF but i should not have to.

@IANB I have an iphone, how would i do it on that, does it have an app for signing, it's only a 6s though and my eyes are not the best..lol

I have an iPhone 7.
email the PDF document to yourself open it on your iPhone.
in the top right corner you should have the pen. I zoom up a bit the sign it

Attachments

• 133BDDAD-EEBF-4EE7-98E6-07CA9204EB3D.png
    133BDDAD-EEBF-4EE7-98E6-07CA9204EB3D.png
    272.3 KB · Views: 5
Posh fooker, i looked at one of them, it's the same size as the 6s i think..lol

I won't pay more than £100 for a phone...lol

I'll have a bash now pal.

The first thing you must do is have LibreOffice, GnuPG, and Seahorse installed. For GnuPG and Seahorse, issue the command:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Once those are installed, open up LibreOffice and click File | Digital Signatures | Digital Signature. Click Start Certificate Manage and (if you haven't already generated a key) go through the process of creating a new GPG key. Once you've completed the creation of the key, go back to the Digital Signature window and click Sign Document. You can then select the newly created key and, once you've entered the key password, your document is signed.

The first thing you must do is have LibreOffice, GnuPG, and Seahorse installed. For GnuPG and Seahorse, issue the command:

Code:

Once those are installed, open up LibreOffice and click File | Digital Signatures | Digital Signature. Click Start Certificate Manage and (if you haven't already generated a key) go through the process of creating a new GPG key. Once you've completed the creation of the key, go back to the Digital Signature window and click Sign Document. You can then select the newly created key and, once you've entered the key password, your document is signed.
You should credit the original author mate ;)

First post i placed:--- (Joking apart can you not just save it as a picture then incert it? I dont know your processor so this is only my thoughts.)
So i looked it up for him. No skin off my nose i wont bother in future.

@Last Boy Scout I'm sure your efforts were appreciated, I think @chookey was just pointing out you could of thanked the source you found the info, or linked to it. I know I don't always remember to do it.

Don't let it stop you trying to help, that is what this forum is all about.

Code:

Yes i used to have gnpg when buying on the Dark Web and i did not want my address broadcast, from memory i had to type in their code or other way around so i t was all encrypted, i had to remove it from Thunderbird as i lost my key. and kept getting emails that i could not open..lol I also had an used to have an extension called Enigmail that needed acces to gnupg.

You had to enter your name, email , address etc when setting up. I lost my code so i never installed it on my new Notebook.

Never heard of Seahorse lol

They have stated they do not want it digitally signed anyway but filled in as i first stated, so the first part of my post with all the links is not applicable..

Alos with regards to just using the 'Attach Files' link on here, i keep forgetting we have one tbh, plus i'm posting on other forums at at same time which do not support this function.

What have i done wrong now with not thanking people...lol

Cheers guys

Last edited:
Don't let it stop you trying to help, that is what this forum is all about.
A noble Thought and one that i would echo. Sadly not a thought held by everyone in these communities Sometimes one will encounter all kinds of harassments, From sarcasm, Bullying even stalking. Personally what i enjoy the most is a problem that can be resolved. In doing that one benifits themselfs in the acquisition of that knowlege which one would never have known. So In trying to help one is in fact the beneficiary Because it becomes a learning curve for you to. Years gone by computer forums and clubs were in abundance but not so anymore. Nothing wrong with phones just some of the people who use them. Sometimes people will stalk others all over the place and find more pleasure in say finding a spelling mistake that they can show off than to actually take any knowledge based posts to be nothing more than one person trying to help another.
Lets hope that these cretins never appear on this site, Even though they are nothing more than a minor irritation Things can get out of control very easily.

A noble Thought and one that i would echo. Sadly not a thought held by everyone in these communities Sometimes one will encounter all kinds of harassments, From sarcasm, Bullying even stalking. Personally what i enjoy the most is a problem that can be resolved. In doing that one benifits themselfs in the acquisition of that knowlege which one would never have known. So In trying to help one is in fact the beneficiary Because it becomes a learning curve for you to. Years gone by computer forums and clubs were in abundance but not so anymore. Nothing wrong with phones just some of the people who use them. Sometimes people will stalk others all over the place and find more pleasure in say finding a spelling mistake that they can show off than to actually take any knowledge based posts to be nothing more than one person trying to help another.
Lets hope that these cretins never appear on this site, Even though they are nothing more than a minor irritation Things can get out of control very easily.
Aimed at me?
No skin off my nose 😂 😂😂😂😂
Just my thoughts

Back