Desire HD

Can not seem to find applanet on the market, found it on *oogle though - is it another market type app for free and paid apps that does not rooting

yep thats it, its an excellent replacement!!

anyways ive just ran though the navigation.
(turn on sat first obviously)
1st select "car panel"
2nd select destination
3rd type in your destination (this will search google and built in maps)
4th when you have selceted your desitination another screen will pop up given you the option of premium navigation or google navigation.

the maps on premium are suplied by route66
hope that helps, and i really hope they havent removed that feature from your phone.

Thanks mate just trying it now, found car panel and followed your steps and chose premium and now its just trying to find a gps signal lol

Will see on the way home if it works better or if it will even find a signal

Thanks again

Edit: sorry for being thick but how do i install applanet on to phone if I cant find it on the market and download it from *oogle

Also Just had a look at the car panel and yes you are right about it using route 66 maps. After choosing premium service though I wasgreated with a message stating 30 day trial when that closed another window opened saying I need to buy a UK map and 3 options for payment.

Last edited:
lol you wont get applanet from the market place as its a hacked market place, goto their site register and download the apk file, then it should instal.
if you have problems pm me your gmail addy and i will send you the apk

:proud:Funnily enough lol I was just readingabout that and thinking the same so was just in the process of checking the site out again :)

Cheers

Wow thats a nice app :)

thanks for pointing in that direction :) Rep left

I was wondering why my external 8gb card shows 5.22gb free but I can not move any apps to the card as it says there is not enough space to perform the action - I deleted HTC Sync (70mb) and the user manuals that came instaleld making a total of nearly 1gb and I managed to move 1 app then started gettign the same message again.

Any ideas

Cheers

Skinz

Unfortunately enabling the usb debugging did not fix my problem. Phone has turned off twice in 3 days. I'm hoping it’s an app that I’ve installed as this rebooting has only started in the last week or so. It was a brand new replacement too really hoping I'm not going to have to send this one back too.

I have also noticed my phone lagging and black screen - I too think it is an app but have a check on Smart Shortcut too as I found that any folder with more that 200 or so apps in it starts to lock the phone up

I wish it was a software lag but unfortunately mine completely turns off. The thing that annoys me most is that first and foremost it’s a phone and I'm missing calls left right and centre when it’s sat in my pocket turned off!!

I must also admit that when buying a phone first and foremost it’s for the gadgets lol it’s just starting to bug me now.

penners
im suspecting a hardware issue with your machine if its doing that, but before you go down that road take out your battery, sim card, and memory card. give them a bloody good clean, the sim card would cause instant offs if there is a problem with it - just like the battery would if the terminals were scorched.

my old sim card was at fault on my old g1, after 3 returned machines they changed my sim and then there was no problems. the stange part was the sim was fine on my previous phone but removing it had damaged it somehow, well it was about 14 years old at the time - it was my orginal 121 card lol.
if you have another pay as you go card give it a try over a couple of days if you cna to rule it out.

Got a sotware update over the air last night.

Now my phone is on 1.75.110.2

Showing as Android version 2.2.1

Just came up as an update to improve the camera and some performance improvments

Wonder when we will get the Gingerbread update - not likely to be soon I guess

Last edited:
i got that xmas eve, the desire hd is on the roadmap to get gingerbread so give it time and hopefully it will arrive.
i will try to dig out the source, the machine specs are in excess of what is needed.
also 2.2 really is getting stable now so im in no hurry to get 2.3 until the bugs are all gone

I was going to mention yesterday that it certainly seems more stable but just wanted to use it a little first before committing to saying that.

I am actually quite happy with it so not really bothered about when Gingerbread arrives :) either

This last update rocks!!, my battery life has massively impooved, i now get 2 days easily with light useage, and them machine is much more responsive. This must be the new radio!!

I also turned of usb debugging and my current up time is 85hrs with cpu level around 2-4% (watchtower reporting).

The other thing ive noticed is video playback seems a lot more reliable, i think they have changed the codes or improoved gpu some what, you will notice this the most on utube playback - no more stutter.

The downside seems to be you will lose root from the looks of things unless you S-OFF the machine before hand (so you can revert to older stock firmware).
I personally dont need root on this machine so im running stock with no problems and even less problems since this firmware.!!!
Skinz how are you finding the update, ive probo given it the kiss of death now lol.

This last update rocks!!, my battery life has massively impooved, i now get 2 days easily with light useage, and them machine is much more responsive. This must be the new radio!!

I also turned of usb debugging and my current up time is 85hrs with cpu level around 2-4% (watchtower reporting).

The other thing ive noticed is video playback seems a lot more reliable, i think they have changed the codes or improoved gpu some what, you will notice this the most on utube playback - no more stutter.

The downside seems to be you will lose root from the looks of things unless you S-OFF the machine before hand (so you can revert to older stock firmware).
I personally dont need root on this machine so im running stock with no problems and even less problems since this firmware.!!!
Skinz how are you finding the update, ive probo given it the kiss of death now lol.

Sorry for the late reply, well to be honest I have not noticed any real improvement. Battery seems about the same depending on usage from a few hours to a day. I have noticed that it seems more responsive and I dont seem to get as much of a lag with smart shortcuts as I did before but I seem to be getting a few more force closes lol.

Although my main gripe now seems to be that my sd card sometimes will not mount after a reboot and I need to mess around and remove everything and restart - sometimes a few times before it picks it up again, not sure why that is.

I felt like chucking it a few times let me tell you. Overall it seems good though

Last edited:
sd card unmounting, try reformatting it using "sdformatter 2.0". The block size is sometimes incorrect when the cards are originally formatted and causes the card to become very laggy or not mount at all.
there have also been reports that the original samsung card may not be as good as the rest of the phone with some failures.
i put in a scandisk 32gb card when i bought the machine so cannot confirm if that is the case.
my battery life shoot up from around 12hrs to around 16hrs now on this new firmware.

Thanks for the tip - It is proper pi@@ing me off lol so I will defo try this. I also wanted to get a 32gb card but they are soo much so will wait abit untill I fill this 8gb up anyways.

I have to admit the battery does seem a bit better but not much for me - but I guess this is due to my firmware being heigher than yours prior to this update so you got the most improvement lol.

I have just ordered my self one of these cant wait until it comes :p lol

Any useful tips/apps for me to grab while i wait for it?

I managed to bag myself an upgrade for the desire HD for £80 :)

any pointers or advice on what I should do when I get the phone tommorow apprecaited

Thanks

Skinz

Charge it? Lol only joking mate. It depends what you want on it really

ummm not sure what to say but here is the reply I got when I said it lol

To be honest there is not much you can do untill you get it. Then customise the pants off it using applanet :proud:

whatever you do dont download game dev story, its like crack cocaine (so i can guess lol).
roy

Back