Desire HD

if your phone is branded that would explain the different software version, mines not its same as htc version. is your branded?

the other problem with phone branding is you have to wait for a new version of your branded firmware, which may never happen on some phones.

Mine is not branded - well I can not see on any of the home screens any branding.

Is there anywhere in particular I should be looking.

Did you do a manual upgrade

well from your software number its actually above mine, i just checked for any firmware and it updated once i connected to wifi, for some reason when i went to update over hspa it would knock out all mobile data services on my old firmware.

you my find tmobile background, ringtones, tzones etc if there is any banding on the machine. sound like your lucky and dont have it.
did your machine ship with that firmware? have you tried an update?

also that firmware on htc site was a typo, its now saying for the desire not the desire hd as it did a few days back.

well from your software number its actually above mine, i just checked for any firmware and it updated once i connected to wifi, for some reason when i went to update over hspa it would knock out all mobile data services on my old firmware.

you my find tmobile background, ringtones, tzones etc if there is any banding on the machine. sound like your lucky and dont have it.
did your machine ship with that firmware? have you tried an update?

also that firmware on htc site was a typo, its now saying for the desire not the desire hd as it did a few days back.

I have seen t-zones and have t-mobile ringtones but can not find where it is right now so I guess mines is branded. My background is HTC's though and all these that I saw are within some settings.

My device shipped with that firmware - I have done anything to it except install a shed load of apps :)

So is your firmware now the same as mine then or above it now also just had a quick look and I see I have an App called TOP APPS and when you open it - it says t-mobile recommends and shows a list of apps

The reason why I did not want to do a manual update as I have had issues recntly with my server and the firmware having some friggin issue. I still cannot connect locally to it. wiating for a new release and see if that helps.

Shame they got it wrong on their site I wonder if anyone got caught out.

Just tried to update and it still say's it current

sorry mate it looks like yours may well be branded then, mine has none of that stuff on there.
currently your firmwars is reading above mine, but i bet its the same software with the extra tmobile stuff.
the problem you now have is if 2.3 is released for the desire hd you may not get it until tmobile add thier crap to it, if i was in your shows i would look into debranding it so you can at least get the latest updates when they appear from htc.

on another note, i just took delivery of my noreve case about 10mins ago, i am rather impressed as usual with noreve, the case is beautiful and feels good in the hand,
they even changed the design so it hasnt got a clip to close, it has a tab that wedges over the top of the phone keeping the cover closed, very nice design - i will try to put some pics up later.
the only thing i would have changed is access to the usb port when the case is closed, you have to have the case open to charge which is a bit of a pain.
never mind

Ummm looks like I may have to look into Debranding it.

I got my case the other day too altough it does not look very tough it has a nice feel to it. not very thick either maybe Ill change the case after seeing yours lol also need to get some screen protectors as I messed up the one that came in the pack :(

CIMG0252-1.jpg

CIMG0251-1.jpg

CIMG0250-1.jpg

CIMG0249-1.jpg

CIMG0247.jpg

CIMG0245.jpg

CIMG0243-1.jpg

CIMG0241-1.jpg

CIMG0240.jpg

CIMG0239.jpg

CIMG0238.jpg

there are some images, the case cost 55€ but was well worth the cost, the way i think about things is the phone cost me about £500 55€ is well worth the investment, they threw in the metal clip as they were so long to get it manufactored and delivered (almost 4 weeks late but worth it!)

I can't believe it my phone has started to turn off again !!!

It must be software that I've installed. Thing is it always turns off when its locked. Press the power button to display the screen and low and behold the bloody thing has been off.

I wonder if it Weather bug widget as that’s the only thing I really run in the background. Can't be arsed resetting it as I will lose all my apps. So may just uninstall the most recent apps and see if they have anything to do with it.

Have any of you peeps had it reboot yet ? always seems to be when the phone is locked i.e you come to use it and unlock the phone only to realise the damn thing has been turned off for god knows how long. Very very frustrating.

HTC sort your act out !!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow AudioBookman that case looks the biz. So this was custom made was it. Looks lsike leather too

@ Penners - No I have not had mine switch off as yet but last night I did notice that it froze and I had a black screen for a few minutes before the lights came back on again. Had to press the unlock button a few times but it came back and just put it down to installing to many things onto it one after another. I now have over 400 apps on it so I guess it will start to play a little but checking my availbale space - I have over 500mb left.

Wow AudioBookman that case looks the biz. So this was custom made was it. Looks lsike leather too

@ Penners - No I have not had mine switch off as yet but last night I did notice that it froze and I had a black screen for a few minutes before the lights came back on again. Had to press the unlock button a few times but it came back and just put it down to installing to many things onto it one after another. I now have over 400 apps on it so I guess it will start to play a little but checking my availbale space - I have over 500mb left.

You have been busy lol :)

I've 5.69GB left

Software Version 1.32.405.6 Kernel Ver 2.6.32.21-gf3f553d

You have been busy lol :)

I've 5.69GB left

Software Version 1.32.405.6 Kernel Ver 2.6.32.21-gf3f553d

Yea mate dont even know where the time has gone once I have got home and started messing around with it

Just got to sort them all out now in to folders but I found a nice app called Smart Shortcut to use

you can create different folders for apps, bookmarks etc :)

Thanks for that downloading now :) was wondering whats the best way to organise all my apps.

Will have a play with it in a bit.

No problem

Let us know what you think or if there is a better management app that you come across :)

I can't believe it my phone has started to turn off again !!!

It must be software that I've installed. Thing is it always turns off when its locked. Press the power button to display the screen and low and behold the bloody thing has been off.

I wonder if it Weather bug widget as that’s the only thing I really run in the background. Can't be arsed resetting it as I will lose all my apps. So may just uninstall the most recent apps and see if they have anything to do with it.

Have any of you peeps had it reboot yet ? always seems to be when the phone is locked i.e you come to use it and unlock the phone only to realise the damn thing has been turned off for god knows how long. Very very frustrating.

HTC sort your act out !!!!!!!!!!!!

Download watchtower and keep an eye on the cpu usage, there is a well documented problem with the current firmware (ironically skinz has a different software version so he dosnt have this problem).
I had mine do this a couple of times before i found out the problem, ive already mentioned it on this thread, init becomes the culpret - it will run at around 72% plus killing the phone and locking it up.
there is a simple fix - in usb connection turn on "usb debugging" this will fix this problem permantly until the firmware is updated.

Yep it is genuine leather not faux. But its not a custom made case, that is the design that noreve have done with this phone. But it is hand crafted thus the high quality.
you can order different colours at a price premium though (dont bother imho the black is the best of all the colours)

Etui en cuir pour HTC Desire HD - HTC Ace Tradition | Noreve - Haute Couture for Mobile Devices

Had a look at that site and the cases do look nice - yes the black seems the best but there are the 3 different types lol

Which one did you get

Perpetual Selection Black

Ambition Selection Black

or

Exceptional Selection Black

Had a look around and it seems these guys do not offer discounts or codes so they must sell loads.

Maybe Ill order one to my people in the States to bring back with with them if I can find a valid US code as it seems some times they give them out over there.

Well I signed up so Ill find out soon - Maybe they will even send me something since I went through the checkout process and dropped out at the last minute ;)

Edit: forgot to ask does the case fit well, how is the phone held in the case as the last case like this I bought had plastic clips which became loose and the phone kept falling out.

Last edited:
Do you guys use SatNav

I tried *oogle maps and it good but when it doesnt recognise a postcode it defaults to the last destination - I found this the hard way. Also I miss lane navigation etc that is on my tom tom original one

Are there any that have simular functionallity as Tom Tom

Last edited:
Cheers AudioBookMan

I've just enabled usb debugging hopefully this might be the end of my rebooting problems. thanks for the tip will have a look at watchtower too

Do you guys use SatNav

I tried *oogle maps and it good but when it doesnt recognise a postcode it defaults to the last destination - I found this the hard way. Also I miss lane navigation etc that is on my tom tom original one

Are there any that have simular functionallity as Tom Tom

try the premium service on the machine insted of google, the first time i ran it, it told me i needed a licence to make calls, but after a reboot that went away.
I cant honistly say ive used it that much yet but it looks ok from the brief look i had at it.
im pretty sure it will also support lane changes as well.... i will tak a look.

I had spent the last year using ndrive on my archos a5a, but it was ok but not brill, copilot people are singing the praises for as they dont charge for updates everyyear - also its pretty cheap.
i think you can download the trial and give it a go of the market place, or you could also google for "applanet"

try the premium service on the machine insted of google, the first time i ran it, it told me i needed a licence to make calls, but after a reboot that went away.
I cant honistly say ive used it that much yet but it looks ok from the brief look i had at it.

I had spent the last year using ndrive on my archos a5a, but it was ok but not brill, copilot people are singing the praises for as they dont charge for updates everyyear - also its pretty cheap.
i think you can download the trial and give it a go of the market place, or you could also google for "applanet"

Where can I find this premium service mate.

Dont really want to pay for co-pilot although it has been mentioned as being pretty good. So maybe its time to look into rooting :)

Where can I find this premium service mate.

Dont really want to pay for co-pilot although it has been mentioned as being pretty good. So maybe its time to look into rooting :)

no root needed with applanet!!!.
when you open car panel it should give you the option of choosing google (free) or premium. unless that has been removed with the branding.
i will try to wrestle my phone of my daughter to comferm this in about 30 mins.
btw i got the perpetial black i think,

Can not seem to find applanet on the market, found it on *oogle though - is it another market type app for free and paid apps that does not rooting

Last edited:
Back