Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Desire HD

turn on usb debugging, my phone has locked up a number of times - well not locked up as such but int. goes off on one and runs constantly at 72% heating the phone up and consuming the battery.
usb debugging seems to fix it

Thanks for the tip mate, any others :)

Was supposed to get this phone yesterday but as I had ordered it at nearly 5pm I had missed the cut off and recieved it today, have not used it - just left it on charge

looks nice though :)

:banana:

Wow what a phone - Is this an iPhone killer. I Love it now to start mesing around with it :)

Agreed about the battery - I do not have anything installed except what came as stock but the battery was already at half way after 4 hours

Have you done anything to your handset - I mean to use cracked apps or anything.

Agreed about the battery - I do not have anything installed except what came as stock but the battery was already at half way after 4 hours

Have you done anything to your handset - I mean to use cracked apps or anything.

To be honest most of the apps I have got are from the market place not paid for any just been trying the free ones although they have advertising on them I don't find it a problem.

However I have downloaded all the cracked apps and games from here a few weeks back but haven't put them on my phone. Was a little nervous putting the cracked apps on as last time my phone was turning off randomly. Phones4u replaced the phone but didn't give me a explanation as to if it was software related or hardware related so this time I've played on the safe side and only used apps from the market place :)

When I'm in the office i now keep my phone connected to the lappy and trickle charge throughout the day lol.

Phone calls seem to zap the battery bad too.

I've heard they are releasing a larger battery but I think it protrudes from the phone hence changing its current sleek design so not sure if I'm going to upgrade the battery yet.

Think a car charger maybe a worthwhile purchase :)

Yep I think I am going to try the free apps first to get used to it all - hoping to get a usb car charger as well and need a case as its so nice i do not want to damage it lol

Hope something can be sorted about battery life though as otherwise am going to need a charger everywhere, home - work and car

By the way I was unable to use bbciplayer via 3g. kept on saying unable to use this service and to use wi-fi only

Can it be streamed over 3g somehow as if i am out and about I will not beable to use it then

Also I read in a few places that you can theather this device but the option is greyed out. And apparently it is ok with the provider to do this and some people have repotrted that customer services have actually helped them to theather their devices.

Is this correct

Cheers

Skinz

Edit : I wonder what information *oogle collects as nearly all the apps that came installed require you to have a gmail accopunt set up for locations etc

Last edited:
Just bought this pack for £13.49 thought it was a deal seeing as am going need extra chargers and a case

Qubits HTC Desire HD 9 Pc Luxury Gift Accessory Pack - Black Gel Case, Screen Protector, Pouch, Headset, USB Mini Car Charger, USB Mains Charger, Micro USB Cable, Stylus, Desk Stand - Mobiles at Play.com (UK)

Qubits HTC Desire HD 9 Pc Luxury Gift Accessory Pack - Black Gel Case, Screen Protector, Pouch, Headset, USB Mini Car Charger, USB Mains Charger, Micro USB Cable, Stylus, Desk Stand

By the way I was unable to use bbciplayer via 3g. kept on saying unable to use this service and to use wi-fi only

Can it be streamed over 3g somehow as if i am out and about I will not beable to use it then

Also I read in a few places that you can theather this device but the option is greyed out. And apparently it is ok with the provider to do this and some people have repotrted that customer services have actually helped them to theather their devices.

Is this correct

Cheers

Skinz

Edit : I wonder what information *oogle collects as nearly all the apps that came installed require you to have a gmail accopunt set up for locations etc

first of all hxxp://tvcatchup.com
all the freeview channels are there, free registration and away you go.
the mobile site is txxp://m.tvcatchup.com/

as for tethering, i tether mine with wifi to my archos a5a,. i set it up as a mobile hotspot and away it goes, hasnt let me down yet - just a battery killer!!
ive yet to try bluetooth tether though as ive never really had much joy, plus its too damn slooooowwww.

first of all hxxp://tvcatchup.com
all the freeview channels are there, free registration and away you go.
the mobile site is txxp://m.tvcatchup.com/

as for tethering, i tether mine with wifi to my archos a5a,. i set it up as a mobile hotspot and away it goes, hasnt let me down yet - just a battery killer!!
ive yet to try bluetooth tether though as ive never really had much joy, plus its too damn slooooowwww.

Thanks for the reply mate and I will try using it as an access point and see it it works - well it should do if you have used it unless my stupidity gets the better of me again lol.

I havent tried tvcatchup on my mobile but have used it on my netbook, by the way have you tried filmon - I tried last week but I could not get it to work just got an egg timer :(

Also just wondering how safe it is to keep installing and uninstalling apps - the reason why I ask is if I installed all the apps and things that I have on my phone onto my netbook - I am sure I would have picked up something malicious by now, So wondering if they check or should I be more carefull. I see there seems to be anti-virus apps out there - are they worth using on the phone.

I have so far only downloaded via the market and appbrain

Thanks

Skinz

Ow my the battery is super crap - mine just died, so a total of 5 hours on a full charge lol

Lucky the desire accepts a standard mini usb - found one luckily :)

Edit: How can you disable the apps or stop them from start up untill needed

Last edited:
Seems like there is an software update available :)

Update – HTC Desire HD Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update
You can now download the latest software update for new features and improved performance. It won’t delete any of your content and we’d recommend using a Wi-Fi connection as this is a large update. If not, standard data connection charges may apply. Any questions? Contact us via HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Software number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Software number). The new Software number will be 2.29.405.2
Update Information: Android market Update. Note: We still recommend you back up your all personal data first.

HTC - Support

Seems like there is an software update available :)

Update – HTC Desire HD Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update
You can now download the latest software update for new features and improved performance. It won’t delete any of your content and we’d recommend using a Wi-Fi connection as this is a large update. If not, standard data connection charges may apply. Any questions? Contact us via HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Software number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Software number). The new Software number will be 2.29.405.2
Update Information: Android market Update. Note: We still recommend you back up your all personal data first.

HTC - Support

nice find, hopefully this will fix the init problems with the machine...
damn, my phone is saying no avalible update atm im still on 1.32.405.6.
im gona see if i can download this update manually...

nice find, hopefully this will fix the init problems with the machine...
damn, my phone is saying no avalible update atm im still on 1.32.405.6.
im gona see if i can download this update manually...

Yea mate I also checked and saw that mine says its current too but I have a version above yours it seems

I dont think I will try a manual upgrade just yet though :)

im with tmob. who are you with?, im wondering if that may have anything to do with it as the providers like to put thier own rubbish on the machines.
also looking at htc site your firmware isnt listed which seems really funny.

im personally glad that tmobile didnt ruin this phone this time with the themes and apps, my wife wildfire is branded with virgin taking up room that isnt needed or wanted. i will get round to putting a cooked 2.2 rom on for her eventually as virgin are very slow at updating.

ive got to find another providers sim card to see if its locked, i have a suspicion its unlocked though.

Im also on t-mobile but thats strange that my software version is not listed - wonder why that is

if your phone is branded that would explain the different software version, mines not its same as htc version. is your branded?

the other problem with phone branding is you have to wait for a new version of your branded firmware, which may never happen on some phones.

Back