2160p vix image problems

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All
I have Mutant HD51 running latest vix image and have it set up in settings for 2160p multi as I have a 4K tv.
All has been fine for ages but now for some reason picture keeps cutting off and back on no matter the channel I’m on..sat hd or 4K or a iptv channels/stream.
Then for a short while it stays good on the 2160p settings..could be a day or two or just a few hours then randomly cuts off and on
If I change resolution setting to 1080p problem goes away and all is good zero flickering on or off and
I can still view 4K channels but not in 2060p?
I have changed HDMI cable in case it was that but it don’t change anything...set to 2160p it flickers on and off I lose sound and picture set to 1080p all good..
I have changed the rate from 50hz to 60hz to multi makes no difference.
Maybe I have settings wrong or something..strange
Thanks
AJT.

Are you using the correct hdmi cable and port on tv 2.2 cable ?
Yes I believe so..I have changed hdmi leads just in case but still the same...
Just ordered a new hdmi lead that covers every base that I should have tomorrow..will give it a test tomorrow.
Strange thing is it happens on ramdom channels 560p 1080p not just pure 4K and it’s not constant..it goes crazy the screen flicking picture on and off..I can reboot box and it’s okay for a bit then happens again then it will be okay for a ramdom amount of time..being good for hours or days..strange..

Also I wondered if it had anything to do with the hdmi arc set up as I have Samsung sound bar and wireless Wi-fi speakers running off it.?

Back