dbox not powering up. flashing LCD

Hi Gingerchris.

On scanning the box finds nothing however after plugging in a cable from the dbox to the telly, as well as the cable feed if i use the telly remote contol and go to channels 1 to 5 I now have terrestrial channels.

Is there anyone who can check the boot log to see if there is anything amiss.

I'm back has looked and says it looks fine just looking for a second opinion.

Thanks

Ku

Try a other image, try ucode version 001A, try a valid services.xml for your area.
Check the voltages on the tuner pins.

Hi Mgb

I have tried a few images pacino 2 boxcracker 3.5 enigmaX and am just loading commando now.

Have tried different ucodes but to no avail.

One thing I have noticed is that when changing channels it says waiting for time, but changes to different channels once I have put services file on which works fine for my other dbox.

But the LCD always stays on BBC1.

Not sure if this is normal.

Can you advise if there is anything apparent from the boot log please

Thanks

Maybe you should look at your bootlog while your box is connected to TV and cable feed and check which messages you get for channel switching.

Thanks for that my friend.

I take it you mean leave boot manager running and connect dbox to pc via null modem cable then when I change channels it should add information to the boot log.

Will try this later today as it will involve moving the stuff around to get the pc and tv closer together.

Will also check the voltages on the tuner pins and update on this.

Thanks for your advice.

much appreciated

kubrall said:
Ok Will give this a go. Not too good at this kinda stuff therefore if I don't update on this thread in the next couple of days you will know I have electricuted myself.

LOL

Cheers for all you help on this Liam.

Ku

LMFAO (priceless) matey been there done that,but lived to see the day, be carefull.

Back