dbox not powering up. flashing LCD

Boxcracker is crap at scanning try it with a previously working service/bouquet.xml.

Have Fun

Hi Ellie

Tried that and got same response. no channels found and waiting for time.

I have now replaced boxcracker with pacino 2 again. Did a slow scan but found nothing.

Trying a brute force scan at the moment but don't hold out much hope. Concerned that it is still waiting for time.

Me thinks the tuner could be scrap.

Do you know how easy the tuner is to replace. Not the worlds greatest solderer but will give it a go if I can get a replacement. LOL

Thanks for everyones help so far you guys are the best.......

Another thing to try...take a backup of the image on the working box and flash the new box with it.

You really need to get a hold of a null modem cable to get a bootlog. This will tell us if there is something wrong with the hardware of the box and what it's doing when it boots up. You could be pissing into the wind trying different images and changing ucodes when the box is fcuked and you'll never get it going!

Also check your signal readings...RED > BLUE. SNR should be about 55,000 before you'll get any channels.

Cheers Devilfish

Think I will pick up a null modem cable tomorrow.

Really want to get this thing working though, as it has become a battle of wills between me and the dbox and I ain't letting the little shit win :proud:

kubrall said:
Hi Ellie

Me thinks the tuner could be scrap.

Do you know how easy the tuner is to replace. Not the worlds greatest solderer but will give it a go if I can get a replacement. LOL

Thanks for everyones help so far you guys are the best.......

Got a sagem tuner if it's any good to you.

Have Fun

ellie1998 said:
Got a sagem tuner if it's any good to you.

Have Fun

I think the Sagem tuners are different to Nokia tuners...not 100% sure though!

kubrall said:
Really want to get this thing working though, as it has become a battle of wills between me and the dbox and I ain't letting the little shit win

I know how you feel mate...I've got a box that says waiting for time...I've tried everything I could think of...still says waiting for time. The bootlog says there is a problem with the camd and I've been told on good authority that it's a problem with the SEC chip inside the box (mgb is the man when it comes to hardware stuff). I just need to brush up on my surface mount desoldering skills before I can remove it...lol! I just hope your box isn't the same!

Last edited:
Thanks for that matey

Moral support is always a good thing to have when things ain't going as planned.

I really need to stop buying junk off ebay LOL

Will keep everyone updated on how things are coming along

Again many thanks

Check the bootlog, check the conducting paths near the missing cardreaders.
Its pretty senseless to exchange the tuner if the SEC chip is dead or conducting paths are severed on the mainboard.

ordered null modem cable off ebay will post boot log when it arrives.

Can't believe I tried around 8 computer shops today looking for one. Got laughed out of 2 for asking for a null modem cable.

Apparently in computer circles they are now as old as the ark.

yeah m8 i went into pc world and they wanted £19.99 for one so i got it from maplin in the end for £4.99

Right have finally got null modem cable and have created what I believe is the boot log. This is the first time I have done one so if I have gotten it wrong then accept my apologies.

Can someone take a look at this please to see if there is a fault somewhere with this box.

Much appreciated in advance.

Cheers guys

Ku

You done the boot log right :)
BUT... it looks like theres nothing wrong to be honest ... it just shows the box booting up as per usual; the error messages are common and mostly standard.. and it seems that the box just dies for no apparent reason... :(

Could be a dry joint somewhere?

Hi Liam

Thanks for that, confused now or what. According to the boot log, does it look like it has finished booting or has it stalled part way through..

Sorry to be a pain.

Advice very much appreciated.

Thanks

No mate it boots fine, everything gets loaded and Neutrino starts up. It just cuts out half way through.... if you've tried multiple images and it does the same thing, then must be a serious hardware fault

ok

Thanks for the quick reply. Back to the drawing board on fixing this one methinks.

Thanks for your time on this one. Greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Update on channels not found problem.

I have taken the main circuit board out to look underneath for any obvious problems.

It looks like the tuner has been resoldered at some time. Do you think it is worth checking the voltages on the tuner to see if it appears to be working correctly.

Cheers

Ok Will give this a go. Not too good at this kinda stuff therefore if I don't update on this thread in the next couple of days you will know I have electricuted myself.

LOL

Cheers for all you help on this Liam.

Ku

Still struggling with this, have plugged it back in and pretty much same as before, still waiting for voltage tester i'm afraid.

One thing I have noticed though is if I plug a aerial cable from the dbox to the TV I suddenly start getting terrestrial channels through the dbox, never tried this before.

However when going to AV channel and doing a scan don't even find transponders :(

I am confused as the boot log did not find any problems.

Can anyone advise if this is normal.

Hello Kubrall, if you mean that your TV can only find terrestrial channels when you tell it to scan then that IS perfectly normal as the aerial out on your Dbox2 is only a pass through for the cable signal (which carries terrestrial channels as well on a frequency that our TV sets can find). The cable channels are however not found by the TV set as it only transfers those via scart.

Hope this helps, Chris.

Back