cs vm on dbox? need a team

JIMMYQ

DW Regular
Reaction score
has anyone used a dbox to do cs? i did cs on a sat dbox 6 years ago i still have all the files needed and the external card reader just need a few lads to do some experiments :proud:

prefer someone who is clued up with the dbox
gav
liam
nozzer
pt-1
ellie-98
ianb

sorry if i missed you out its been so long...lol anyone else?

i dont think we should let the old dbox's go to waste...lol and theres plenty that can be done with them

I would love to help Jimmy but i have not had cable for a few years now m8
Pay for sky now unfortunately

im running a cccam server on my dm500c..

but fir sat

with cable things are a bit hardere as not only are the IRD and BK needed now, but so is the rsa key, which is the harder part

has anyone used a dbox to do cs? i did cs on a sat dbox 6 years ago i still have all the files needed and the external card reader just need a few lads to do some experiments :proud:

gav
liam
nozzer
pt-1
ellie-98
ianb

i dont think we should let the old dbox's go to waste...lol and theres plenty that can be done with them

what about
paphos al
plasterer
renwich (i dont think he got cable anymore)
njlworld
im fairly clued up on dboxes,i used to test images for team commando,paphos
also still got me testin box,and another box before i got a dm600,and still on cable

im running a cccam server on my dm500c..

but fir sat

with cable things are a bit hardere as not only are the IRD and BK needed now, but so is the rsa key, which is the harder part

This .

think rsa key is only used for hd channels.

gav
liam
nozzer
pt-1
ellie-98
ianb

i dont have cable anymore at all or any other cable box in the house at all as im on sky now sorry but this is a good idea

we do have a load of experience members here please come forward so we can go forward

be bold please

Ide be up for some tests
Behind closed doors for now
And post results Later
PM me if you need a touch .....................Paul

what about
paphos al
plasterer
renwich (i dont think he got cable anymore)
njlworld
im fairly clued up on dboxes,i used to test images for team commando,paphos
also still got me testin box,and another box before i got a dm600,and still on cable

as mentioned ive been off the scene a while ive mentioned names from back in 2004....lol

if these guys are willing to help then no probs pm me for the files and all the info i can email it all over to you so you can have a play around :)

More than happy to offer my services for this. I'd hate to see my Nokia end up as a doorstop! Lol

PM if interested.

I'd be interested in this as well. I'm not too bad when it comes to handling a Dbox so hopefully I can be of some assistance.

I'll drop you a PM Jimmy

I don't want to sound negative on this thread, but how many of you in this thread are offering servies/"me too" because they want to test/have it working - are you all willing/capable of writing code?

Also I have to say forming a team is not always the way forward, as I suspect if you were to have any success you would probably find that was the result of mostly 1 or 2 peoples efforts within the team and not the group as a whole.

In addition, solving some of the issues like the RSA key would involve messing with original boxes - I am not sure about this as C/S discussions should not be provider specific.

Last edited:
The problem with this stuff is that it can be quite technical as it involves using cryptographic functions on some very large numbers. If you dont know how to use libraries like OpenSSL or Miracle then your going to get bogged down pretty damn quick.

Unless JimmyQ has already solved the major problems then your probably also going to have to know the pairing algorithms inside out. That will involve some serious study of how N2 roms handle pairing. Without that knowledge, you wont have any clue how to even suggest methods for a solution.

Cs for cable is indeed possible, but good luck finding the info you need to get the card to read in the cam (people have this, but I doubt it will go public for some time), once the method of retrieving IRD, BK and RSA linked to the card is released or 'discovered' it's simply a case of setting the box up with the correct cam (cccam, newcamd etc)

l have all the software that is needed to cs sky on a dbox and did this many years ago. My dbox was also the server using an external reader. so getting the card to read wont be a problem :)
everything was working perfect but i stopped doing cs due to other reasons.

it will be the exact same procedure but with some modifications to make it work with cable. Im not going to list exactly what i have. All i know its possible and the software i have already will need a few twitches and it should work.

i dont have cable anymore at all or any other cable box in the house at all as im on sky now sorry but this is a good idea

we do have a load of experience members here please come forward so we can go forward

be bold please

Of course you've still got the cable feed into your house, Gav- they don't disconnect you out in the green cabinet, m8!

And you're welcome to borrow one of my Nokias for active testing and participation, if you wish- just shout!

As for expert coding, I don't fit that bill at all. Simple scripts are my limit... I think guys like Cydine, LraiZer, and mrdude are way up there in this respect.

Cheers- AL :)

i wish i could have been involved but alas im not all that clued up so to speak,flashing a image is about my limit,but id like to wish you all the best on this,the dbox was one of the first so id love you to be able to keep it alive.

Back