Yweb Liveview on Dbox

salako

Inactive User
Reaction score
I need help please. I have been trying to use liveview on my pc but cannot get it to work the way I want. I can use it to connect to my dbox and watch as long as I am on my lan, but the moment i move off the lan i do not get a picture.

How can I access liveview on my dbox via the internet, do I need open any firwall ports or put my box in the dmz? anyone got this working, any suggestions welcome.

If it doesn't work on dbox's, is there a box that implements this better i.e connecting to the box, viewing channels and changing channels remotely.

It's unlikely that you'll get your dbox to stream over the internet with any watchable quality. The standard home upload rate isn't fast enough.

What you want to do it forward the ip address of your dbox to port 80 on your router. Type in the ip address of your modem into a web browser and you should get the web interface of the dbox...now you have a connection over the internet.

Download VLC VideoLan and configure it using the VLC guides in the dbox download section...

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10

Open VLC on the PC and put the ip address of your modem into the streaming url and it should stream.

Alternatively you can try the Liveview that the yweb has but I think you will have more success with VLC.

That's exactly what I did, I can get the interface from yweb no problem. I can see my epg listings etc, I can even change the channel and trust me my missus can testify to this, when i do it from work and she is watching the box. Just no picture. I'll go thru the vlc tut and let you know how i get on. Does this mean no one here actually does this?

Does your work have a proxy or firewall? Do you use a username and password to access the internet? This could be stopping the live feed from entering your business.

It's not that because we have a wireless adsl connection that is not connected to the company systems in anyway for IT testing and that is what I use via my laptop. I have also tried it with laptop firewall disabled.

I was hoping someone here as actually tried this and got it working and I could maybe try and replicate their setup.

Back