Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Covid 19 Vaccine

Has the news about blood clots put anyone off?

I had mine on Friday and it was the AZ one

My personal opinion is that any drug whether it be paracetemol or the covid vaccine carries risk. It's about looking at the pros and cons. I think I would prefer the risks of the vaccine to ending up in hospital or worse with covid

Not me, I'll take an aspirin a day for a few days to thin the blood, sorted.

The EU have made an absolute horses ass of their vaccination programmes from day one, they made this political
from the get go, trying to make us look like fools, it's back fired spectacularly on them, even the most ardent remainers
would have to admit that, but they won't?

Blood clots ? Is it 40 reported cases in 23 million vaccinations?. The bookies would love to price up you getting blood clots.

I bet the majority of those forty have issues to start with.
For me were living in bellend times were it only takes 1 loon feckin ball snowflake to start a rumour before everyone starts believing.
It's abit like what Jesus did, a few choice words while hammering the wacky baccy and the queuing up behind him waiting for him to perform that old water into wine stunt.

Blood clots ? Is it 40 reported cases in 23 million vaccinations?. The bookies would love to price up you getting blood clots.

I bet the majority of those forty have issues to start with.
For me were living in bellend times were it only takes 1 loon feckin ball snowflake to start a rumour before everyone starts believing.
It's abit like what Jesus did, a few choice words while hammering the wacky baccy and the queuing up behind him waiting for him to perform that old water into wine stunt.

I'm sure I read somewhere that in trials there were people with blood clots reported even with placebos and a larger proportion. As @HibbyDave says what a right royal f**k up the EU has made.

The have just announced that as well as giving 70% protection after a single dose the vaccinated person from catching the virus it also gives 30% protection against getting for anyone that person lives with or even if they are a carer, against someone they visit to give care to.

As far as clots go it seems that the people who do not have the vaccines are the clots and blood clots are no more likely whether you have had the vaccine or not. It will probably turn out to be fewer people have clots who have had the vaccines though as they are the ones that tend to be more health aware and to take sensible precautions in all areas of their lives where they have some control over their actions and activities.

@Ferret and anyone else getting jabbed soon. You may get some fever and a sweaty night but it passes really quick. It also comes on really quick. I got jab at 9.45 am. Was fine until about 7.00pm . Was shivering like feck then and really sleepy. Sweated buckets through the night but by mid morning next day was feeling back to normal... Take paracetamol and drink plenty.

Seriously nothing, worse part was coming home and stuck in the teatime traffic with a full bladder.
I should srart to use Carl Pilkingtons tip
Put a hot water bottle under the seat. The funnel perfect if your a bad aim

Seriously nothing, worse part was coming home and stuck in the teatime traffic with a full bladder.
I should srart to use Carl Pilkingtons tip
Put a hot water bottle under the seat. The funnel perfect if your a bad aim
Some advice that you might want to follow ;)
1) If you get the chance to have a wee, take it.
2) Never trust a fart.
3) If you get an erection, don't waste it.

Some advice that you might want to follow ;)
1) If you get the chance to have a wee, take it.
2) Never trust a fart.
3) If you get an erection, don't waste it.
You missed one.
4)Don’t take a wee with an erection. 🤔

So the EU are now unhappy were getting jabbed and their members arent. And for those who voted remain !!??

there's you friggin answer on a postcard as why we needed to leave. If we had of remained no one would be getting vaccinated

Rule Britannia and all that sh"t

The truth is that Brexit has not allowed us to do anything which we could not also have done as a member of the EU. We were still in the transition period when the EU set up its vaccine procurement programme, so we were entitled to join, but chose not to, just as we could have done as a full member. Even if we had joined, we could have made additional side deals with manufacturers, as Germany did with Pfizer and Hungary and Slovakia are belatedly doing with Russia for their Sputnik V vaccine. Also, we could still have approved the vaccines and started to use them earlier than the EU.

The truth is that Brexit has not allowed us to do anything which we could not also have done as a member of the EU. We were still in the transition period when the EU set up its vaccine procurement programme, so we were entitled to join, but chose not to, just as we could have done as a full member. Even if we had joined, we could have made additional side deals with manufacturers, as Germany did with Pfizer and Hungary and Slovakia are belatedly doing with Russia for their Sputnik V vaccine. Also, we could still have approved the vaccines and started to use them earlier than the EU.

Factually correct, but the fact we didn't and went our own path has proven to be the best route we will have
and will bring a quicker return to some normality would you agree?

The absolute horlicks the EU have made over the last couple of months has shown the people of the EU there
is something fundamentally wrong at the heart of that organisation, and instead of addressing it, all it seems
to do is double down on their insanity, It is all over the place at the moment and not one leader amongst them.

Factually correct, but the fact we didn't and went our own path has proven to be the best route we will have
and will bring a quicker return to some normality would you agree?

The absolute horlicks the EU have made over the last couple of months has shown the people of the EU there
is something fundamentally wrong at the heart of that organisation, and instead of addressing it, all it seems
to do is double down on their insanity, It is all over the place at the moment and not one leader amongst them.
Yes, we undoubtedly took the right route, but we could have done the same within the EU, so Brexit has made no difference.

Back