Covid 19 Vaccine

My first jab was Astrazenica...i'm assuming 2nd jab will be the same variety?
Not that i'm worried.

I'm on blood thinners matey so i should be ok.

Good luck to everyone else.

I'm on blood thinners matey so i should be ok.

Good luck to everyone else.
Out of 17 million vaccination there has been 40 reported cases of blood clots.
I am a bit sceptical that it is related to the vaccine tbh but time will tell.

I had my first jab (Astrazenica) last Friday afternoon.
Come Friday night my upper left arm/shoulder (where I had my jab) was a bit tender like I've been punched a few times.
On Saturday my upper left arm and left leg especially my knee started to feel a bit stiff like after a work out at the gym when you haven't stretched/warm up/down.
On Sunday I felt muscular pain on my left leg whenever I moved, it was less painfully when raised/rested on a foot/pouffe stool.
By Monday morning all the pain had gone away.
I'm surprised this has happen to me as I'm in good physical health where as my mother who is 82 years old and not physically mobile did not have any pain or side effects when she had the jab 6 weeks ago.

Out of 17 million vaccination there has been 40 reported cases of blood clots.
I am a bit sceptical that it is related to the vaccine tbh but time will tell.
They said on the late news this evening that there have actually been more blood clots reported after the Pfizer vaccinations than after the AstraZeneca one, so it looks like it is just more EU scare tactics and sour grapes about us leaving. Also it appears that more people have blood clots who have not had either vaccine than those that have had either one, as blood clots occur in approximately 1 or 2 people per 1,000 per year in people so 40 out of 17 million is lower than the average.

They also said that the delay in vaccinating people while they wait give it the all clear in Germany on Thursday could lead to 2,000 more deaths from the virus, in Germany alone.

I think I know which option I would take if I was still waiting for my shot :rolleyes:

I had my first jab (Astrazenica) last Friday afternoon.
Come Friday night my upper left arm/shoulder (where I had my jab) was a bit tender like I've been punched a few times.
On Saturday my upper left arm and left leg especially my knee started to feel a bit stiff like after a work out at the gym when you haven't stretched/warm up/down.
On Sunday I felt muscular pain on my left leg whenever I moved, it was less painfully when raised/rested on a foot/pouffe stool.
By Monday morning all the pain had gone away.
I'm surprised this has happen to me as I'm in good physical health where as my mother who is 82 years old and not physically mobile did not have any pain or side effects when she had the jab 6 weeks ago.
You are been injected with a gentically modified version of Covid. Just like the virus itself it affects people in different ways

plus

Dont forget, your mum is probably a tough old cookie alot tougher than us softies. She wasn't brought up in this snowflake world we live in today were people are arguing about the true sex of Mr Potatohead

Has anyone had the jab from their own GP yet or are they being done at vaccination centres?

My own GP has never been seen for over a year, there's been more sightings of nessie than
this cant, shocking how people have had to work all through this period like my mrs dealing
with the public every day and the ones you'd expect to step forward in a health scare shat
themselves and hid from their patients. :mad:

Has anyone had the jab from their own GP yet or are they being done at vaccination centres?
I's all done via vaccination centres round here.

Not heard of any GP's doing it yet,i wish they were..

GP's just around the corner,vaccination centre 7 miles away.

They have set up a temporary vaccination centre at the place where my missus works but they are only vaccinating the vulnerable. The rest have to travel 30-40 miles for their vaccination🙄
I will add that the stipulations are that you have enough room in the building for social distancing.
You also need room for refrigeration storage of vaccines.
Also a separate waiting room big enough for social distancing.
I know at my wife’s place of work the room where you get your vaccination is a large room with several nurses administering vaccines with plenty of room for social distancing.

Last edited:
My local GPs are doing it but they are fully booked up so I'm going to a sports centre 10 mimutes drive away or I could wait and book at my GP on another date

I had mine done at my own GP's surgery on February 6th and I was chatting to the reception staff afterwards while I had to wait for 15 minutes to see if I had any adverse reactions, and they said that up until then they had been vaccinating people at a large venue in the centre of town and this was the first day that they were doing it "in house". They seemed to be coping quite well and were aiming to do one person every 10 minutes and had 45 people booked in for that first day.

My own GP has never been seen for over a year, there's been more sightings of nessie than
this cant, shocking how people have had to work all through this period like my mrs dealing
with the public every day and the ones you'd expect to step forward in a health scare shat
themselves and hid from their patients. :mad:
Got mine at Louisa Jordon, some set up there. Very sobering seeing the bed bay set up. Thank feck it wasn’t needed. I was in and out in about 5 minutes although it took me 40 mins to get out the car park 😂

Initially I was a little peeved that my GP wasn't part of my local vaccination centre which is only a 5 minute walk away. This meant I had to use public transport and go 4 miles to my appointed centre.
However after seeing oap's having to stand and queue for my local one I'm glad I'm using the other. 2 minute walk from the bus stop, details taken and ushered towards a cubicle instantly and was sat down to await the all clear signal within 5 minutes of arriving.
To top it all off, I arrived back at the bus stop and my bus home pulled up within a couple of minutes.

My 2nd jab is at the same time so hopefully will have a similar experience. 😍

Booked in for mine Saturday morning local community centre, i know its the AstraZeneca one they have there so if you dont hear owt from me its been good knowing ya all :eek:
:D

I'm booked in for tomorrow at the temporary nightingale hospital in sunderland, read an interesting article about how everyone's immune system reacts differently to the vaccine, apparently the older you are the less symptoms you are likely to have.

RIP @Ferret ;)

Has the news about blood clots put anyone off?

I had mine on Friday and it was the AZ one

My personal opinion is that any drug whether it be paracetemol or the covid vaccine carries risk. It's about looking at the pros and cons. I think I would prefer the risks of the vaccine to ending up in hospital or worse with covid

Back