Couldnt give a royal to$$

quite glad i'm no off on friday cause then i wont have to put up with all this shiteon every tv and radio channel

the tax payers money should be going to whats needed like hospitals etc why cant the royals be self sufficient like every other family should do, then all the hangers on would start to disappear

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

blah blah blah tax payers money, same old gripes.

i'm not a monarchist however they give us something other countries don't have - a sense of history and tradition - and what they bring INTO this country in revenue and tourist money can't be sniffed at.

people bang on about no feeling of being 'british' or cultural identity - it's just an excuse to have a party a day off and spend it with friends. bring some fighting spirit to this country, get rid of the pessimism.

u don't have to stand on the boulevard, buy a mug and wave your flag!

i'm not a monarchist however they give us something other countries don't have - a sense of history and tradition - and what they bring INTO this country in revenue and tourist money can't be sniffed at.

people bang on about no feeling of being 'british' or cultural identity - it's just an excuse to have a party a day off and spend it with friends. bring some fighting spirit to this country, get rid of the pessimism.

well said m8 i and 100% with you on this post.:Clap:

im not a royalist but.. at the end of the day he is the future king and its good to be getting day off work... im not in the camp thats against the cost of wedding etc.. i guess im a wee bit indifferent to it all good luck to them.. nothing against them... only thing that pisses me off will be the mrs insisting on buying every bloody glossy mag going

nice bit of british news for a change,hope all goes well for them and no coonts try to spoil it

Like it or not its a piece of history unfolding. If we had none of this tourism would be down massively.Most peeps who visit England want to see Buck Palace and take home something to remind them.The rest probably come to see football grounds/teams.So while it may chew up some of our economy I'm sure lots more is generated. Just think its a bit sensitive in present climate.
Lets hope our future King and Queen become active in putting the great back in Britain and start with kickin out the spongers lol.
Also any1 found guilty of trying to wreck the day ( in the form of antagonistic or violent protest...yawn..yawn..) should be found guilty of Treason and dealt with accordingly.
BTW, I'm not that bothered myself but FFS let them get on with it and enjoy ur free gift of a day off to celebrate

Well said from me also
Proud to be be British

I think most people dont care about the marriage either negatively or positively, we're just all happy we get extra day off work and many will use it as a nice excuse to hang out with friends and family.

I'll be working, so won't be watching or hearing anything about it.

I'm happy for them but I can't be bothered to watch it on the TV so I'm off to France golfing tonight - back on Sunday morning. I wish them all the best, I am proud to be British but I'm really not that interested in watching it myself - for those that are interested in it, I hope its a great day and you enjoy it.

I should explain golfing for me actually means a long walk with a heavy set of clubs!

i been told that it is optional that employers offer this friday as a paid bank holiday as it is a one off

i am not so sure myself

Bank holidays and British Summer Time : Directgov - Government, citizens and rights

The basics of holiday rights

There is a minimum right to paid holiday, but your employer may offer more than this. The main things you should know about holiday rights are that:

* you are entitled to a minimum of 5.6 weeks paid annual leave (28 days for someone working five days a week)

bank and public holidays can be included in your minimum entitlement

Holiday entitlements: the basics : Directgov - Employment

After being FORCED to work on numerous bank holidays, this is something that i will be speaking with my boss about

Not got any thoughts worth sharing on this topic,but somehow i always end up watching things like this,the mass involvment always drags me in !!

nothink against him and her
hope they have a long and happy life together..
like ad wish any other young couple.
but i dont have to have it advertised every few mins wen ever u turn over
its not like we dont no its on lol well not any more lol

I'm not a Roylist but I would not want to get rid if them
we have something certain parts of the world would love so we should be proud :)

I'm sure the wedding will be on in the background as its on most channels lol

:wedding: Best of luck to the both of them :flagwave:

One thing to say to anyone who has a bad word to say about this wedding "Shame on you all" because you are the sort of person who does not deserve to live in this country.

It wont be long before the same people start saying the Olympics is a waste of money.

Why don`t you sad sad Britain hating anti English morons do us all a favor and go find another country to hate.

You're all over the shop here mick.

I have loads of bad words to say about this wedding. I think it's a monumental waste of money and time. The sooner we stop drooling over these useless parasites the better.

On the other hand, I'm all for the Olympics. It will celebrate all that's good about Britain and the dedication of the athletes that will represent us.

Does this make me a "sad sad Britain hating anti-English moron"? It's a matter of opinion I suppose.

Does this make me a "sad sad Britain hating anti-English moron"? It's a matter of opinion I suppose.

that a question I dint think he really wants answered btw fellas

;)

Back