Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X QSB.

Re: Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X Q

you don`t use the 1 unless with the 5 Lee ,

CPU RESET CLEANER (S2 DIP SWITCH) To disable set 1 and 5 On and the rest OFF You can use a mixture of 234 and 678. 1 and 5 must be set to OFF when using a combo.

So try 2,6 2,7 2,8 3,6 3,7 3,8 and so on.

Is the green LED flashing every 5 secs?

Still not booting into xell with 1 and 5 on, ive tryed 1-8, 1-7,1-6.

Re: Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X Q

Thanks il go through them, yeh it blinks every 5 seconds on the dot lol.

you don`t use the 1 unless with the 5 Lee ,

CPU RESET CLEANER (S2 DIP SWITCH) To disable set 1 and 5 On and the rest OFF You can use a mixture of 234 and 678. 1 and 5 must be set to OFF when using a combo.

So try 2,6 2,7 2,8 3,6 3,7 3,8 and so on.

Is the green LED flashing every 5 secs?

@Lee Adamson , can you get some new pictures up of everything that has been soldered and do you have the jrunner logs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeh sure il take some pics tommorow, cant get booted into xell still maybe because i am using the oscillator rather than hana. Thanks lee

@Lee Adamson , can you get some new pictures up of everything that has been soldered and do you have the jrunner logs?

I was wondering is it because xell wont boot because i dont have the dvd drive in when pressing the eject button, i gather that newer xell you need to push the eject rather have the drive and the tray open? thanks lee

DSC_0719.jpgDSC_0720.jpgDSC_0721.jpgDSC_0722.jpg

Xell will always boot regardless whether a DVD is attached or not so long console is powered via eject button. If it hasn't booted it's simply because it needs tuning but to be honest as with all feedback the CR3 Lite was much worse on Trinity boards that people were reverting back to Coolrunner Rev C for use on them. Last, it's obvious that the CR3 you got is a clone.

I was wondering is it because xell wont boot because i dont have the dvd drive in when pressing the eject button, i gather that newer xell you need to push the eject rather have the drive and the tray open? thanks lee

i thought it was, told it was genuine then when it came said it is doesnt have serial il get my money bk anyways. Yeh i read that feedback for trinity and cr3 lite, maybe because i am using the oscilator and its crap on this lol. thanks lee

Xell will always boot regardless whether a DVD is attached or not so long console is powered via eject button. If it hasn't booted it's simply because it needs tuning but to be honest as with all feedback the CR3 Lite was much worse on Trinity boards that people were reverting back to Coolrunner Rev C for use on them. Last, it's obvious that the CR3 you got is a clone.

Decided to go with the alternate point and disable oscillator still nothing, is the blue to be shortened make a difference ? i have also used rgh2 glitch 2m ? as my dashboard is 16203 is that right ? thanks lee

Last edited:

Slims use RGH by default and always have since RGH came out, it was just named RGH2.0 when the phat consoles updated from single CB to dual CB and the standard RGH or rather RGH1.0 no longer worked on them. You should start with the full length of the blue wire (usually 50cm) and gradually decrease it's length by 1-2cm at a time and then retry and see if the console will boot successfully.

I would suggest trying with all options disabled first except having the oscillator on.

I tryed with the trinity ecc in the j runner but did nothing so i should keep to same settings rgh2 2m and write the ecc? thanks lee

Slims use RGH by default and always have since RGH came out, it was just named RGH2.0 when the phat consoles updated from single CB to dual CB and the standard RGH or rather RGH1.0 no longer worked on them. You should start with the full length of the blue wire (usually 50cm) and gradually decrease it's length by 1-2cm at a time and then retry and see if the console will boot successfully.

I would suggest trying with all options disabled first except having the oscillator on.

Done it used the trinity ecc in the jrunner and it booted xell. Just need to work out the rest now lol. thanks lee

Last edited:

Keep everything the same, just shorten the blue wire every try as said with 1-2cm. Once green light is blinking keep on for approx 3-10 minutes to see if boots.

FCRT.BIN required flag detected on the kv info, have i done something wrong ? thanks lee

You must have pressed something by mistake on J-Runner, as fcrt.bin only deals with drive's fw and is not needed unless you're creating LTU or LTU2 as well as using xk3y.

You should just focus on getting xell to boot now and getting your CPU key at the bottom of the screen after it's fully loaded.

FCRT.BIN required flag detected on the kv info, have i done something wrong ? thanks lee

I have the cpu key it booted into xell it was after i put the key in that it gave me this ? thanks lee

You must have pressed something by mistake on J-Runner, as fcrt.bin only deals with drive's fw and is not needed unless you're creating LTU or LTU2 as well as using xk3y.

You should just focus on getting xell to boot now and getting your CPU key at the bottom of the screen after it's fully loaded.

If the CPU key is correct and you can see the KV values on the right side of J-Runner, select Dash version 16537 from the drop down menu under XeBuild Tab. Then press 'Create XeBuild Image' to the left before finally writing the NAND via the 'Write Nand' button.

Once you wrote the updflash.bin to the NAND disconnect your NAND programmer and power the console and see if it boots to FreeBOOT. Out of interest what settings did you use with the CR3 Lite?

I have the cpu key it booted into xell it was after i put the key in that it gave me this ? thanks lee

I can see the kv values on the right side yes, i used s2 1 2 and 7, s4 6 and using the alternate point not oscilator. I can do this via usb stick rather than write to nand through xell? do i need my harddrive plugged in now?, do i add freestyle 3 after this ? thanks lee

If the CPU key is correct and you can see the KV values on the right side of J-Runner, select Dash version 16537 from the drop down menu under XeBuild Tab. Then press 'Create XeBuild Image' to the left before finally writing the NAND via the 'Write Nand' button.

Once you wrote the updflash.bin to the NAND disconnect your NAND programmer and power the console and see if it boots to FreeBOOT. Out of interest what settings did you use with the CR3 Lite?

One thing at a time. You've not said at what stage you are at. Whats the point of worryng about HDD/FSD if you have not flashed your Freeboot/XEbuild image.

On dashlaunch tab, place a tick against use dashlaunch and create image.This will save you having to install dashlaunch later.

Yes, you can flash by USB.

Post back regarding HDD and and FSD after your freeboot image is loaded.

KV type : type2 (hashed - unchecked, master key not available) Thi swhat i get at the point when i create xebuild, do i tick the launch ini? i have checked use dashlaunch and it came up with that. thanks lee

One thing at a time. You've not said at what stage you are at. Whats the point of worryng about HDD/FSD if you have not flashed your Freeboot/XEbuild image.

On dashlaunch tab, place a tick against use dashlaunch and create image.This will save you having to install dashlaunch later.

Yes, you can flash by USB.

Post back regarding HDD and and FSD after your freeboot image is loaded.

Back