Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X QSB.

Re: Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X Q

Most likely the southbridge as MM has stated , more than likely damaged when you fecked up the STBY_CLK point.

Re: Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X Q

Knowing my luck very likely, it was doing before and stopped when i traced that point again.

Most likely the southbridge as MM has stated , more than likely damaged when you fecked up the STBY_CLK point.

Cleaned the motherboard checked for shorts etc it boots fine within 55 minutes it turns off but will turn straight back on no red lights. I havent got the av cable plugged on screen cud this be why its is powering off after so long. thanks lee

5 minutes sorry typed twice by mistake.

lol, yeah of course it will shut it self off if you haven't got a display cable connected. Retest with the AV cable connected and make sure you can use the console in general.

5 minutes sorry typed twice by mistake.

yeh i will do that leaving running for a bit see if it does it again thanks lee

Been running for an hour no red lights etc messed about on the dashboard all working fine, ive managed to get a coolrunner cr3 lite delivery monday/tuesday. Thanks lee

Nice one Lee , is it a genuine CRLite? and where did you buy it from? if it`s from an online retailer it will be more than likely a fake.

Been running for an hour no red lights etc messed about on the dashboard all working fine, ive managed to get a coolrunner cr3 lite delivery monday/tuesday. Thanks lee

Last edited:

Its off ebay yes, i asked whether it was the genuine said yes so i believe you can check the serial as well to make sure it is genuine. I have another fake to as they give me a replacement but i will wont be using it. thanks lee

Nice one Lee , is it a genuine CRLite? and where did you buy it from? if it`s from an online retailer it will be more than likely a fake.

Yes you can check it here Lee TX Serial Checker

Its off ebay yes, i asked whether it was the genuine said yes so i believe you can check the serial as well to make sure it is genuine. I have another fake to as they give me a replacement but i will wont be using it. thanks lee

i will check before i use it, going to use the oscillator as suggested as i knackered stby clk point. Hopefully il get it to go lol. Thanks lee

Just leave the solder pads (LK1) open as that enables the oscillator.

i will check before i use it, going to use the oscillator as suggested as i knackered stby clk point. Hopefully il get it to go lol. Thanks lee

Less bridging i have to do the better lol after my last effort, i need some practice. I have read that using the oscillator causes "jitter" but see how it goes thanks lee

Just leave the solder pads (LK1) open as that enables the oscillator.

What kind of jitter? have never come across that with the many i have fitted Lee.

Less bridging i have to do the better lol after my last effort, i need some practice. I have read that using the oscillator causes "jitter" but see how it goes thanks lee

Oggy on the TX forum said something about it, not sure i can give the link but someone asked the question and asked which was best martin c had said he found using the hana was far more succesful than using oscillator.

Yes it is always recommended to use the motherboard clock but you may not be able to , is the alt point for the STBY_CLK still in good shape?

Oggy on the TX forum said something about it, not sure i can give the link but someone asked the question and asked which was best martin c had said he found using the hana was far more succesful than using oscillator.

Yeh it is perfect, i could also put the orange to the original or the trace possibly ?. I will be happy as long as it glitches to be honest after th ered dot booting etc lol.

Yes it is always recommended to use the motherboard clock but you may not be able to , is the alt point for the STBY_CLK still in good shape?

Disable the oscillator if you want then and use the alt point under the board FT3N2 or the one next to it
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

I have read of alternate points on the top as well bu tmaybe thats just phats, i was the ft3n2 once i traced the original point but obviously i took it off as i fecked up the bridge on lk1 on the cool runner so i presumed it was enabled. thanks lee

Disable the oscillator if you want then and use the alt point under the board FT3N2 or the one next to it
View attachment 76160

Not sure if there are any on the top to be honest but the FT3N2 has got to be the easiest if your soldering skills aren`t great.

Back