QSB all installed is there any way to test them? xbox 360 jtag read the nand ?

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right was up well early this morning and didn't think I'd have the time, but there in, the 2 QSB's.....

Can i fire up the nand-x and do a read ? i haven't got the rest of my kit so i can't go the full hog but it be nice to see if they have worked?

Was thinking of firing up "jtag" tool and looking in there as it has a "read" under the nand option?

I've tested all points with the multi meter and all come back solid.....(fingers crossed any way)

Plugged the nand-x usb device in just to the PC alone and it hasn't found any drivers....I'm guessing i might have to installed/download them?

Thanks chaps.

IMG_0156_001.jpg

Last edited:
Downloaded the latest nand-x drivers and all installed.....

Just tried a read of the nand and getting what doens't look to plesant...lol (it's still reading after about 4 minutes....dang it..)

11-12-201113-28-47.jpg

poor joint or short probably dibbs. i have had it a couple of times and have fixed it by re doing the joints

Cheers man, suppose i haven't got all the kit though? would that matter that i'm trying to read the nand with out the full set up ? it using jtag tool.

Just have a horrible feeling i've installed.....Xecuter NAND-X QSB Phat Install Kit, i'm a bit confused now as this kit shows the following image..(which was included with the nand-x)
qsv1.jpg

but there another kit which is called....Xecuter NAND-X & CoolRunner Phat QSB Install Kit and this looks like this.....

qsb2.jpg

sorry dibbs im old school and didnt use the qsb's i just made my jtag and soldered direct to the points.

yeah no bother man....I've installed the kit at the top....mmmmm, got me thinking now....that'll be a good start if i've got the wrong board in alread...lol

BALLS!

Note: This QSB is not for the CoolRunner. It is for standalone NANDX only. Phat install only not compatible with slim.

*INSERT SWEAR WORDS LIKE NOTHING BEFORE HERE!!*

Looks like i may have done a "goof up" already...lol

I think i'm going to have to go down the "jtag" route now and i'll have to attach the little jtag switch thing i have, the one where you solder the yellow wire to the front of the machine. Would this stop me from getting a good read of the nand or is it just poor soldering?

dang it!

Last edited:
The top kit you've installed! I think is the one that comes with the NandX, it's the one I used when I done my Jasper.
The bottom kit is the one available seperately, I used this kit on my sons Falcon.

Thanks man, Wel i decided that they'd have to come off and i've hard wired the nand-x to the board and i'm getting the same failures if via the qsb or hard wired.

Same failures at the same places......

How ever i think i'll wait, get the correct QSB's and then hook it all up with the coolrunner, the correct one as far as i can make it out is the sqaure one and the other one, the thinner long one...bottom picture....

So was i to leave them too in and put the 2rd one in, the one with the yellow feed wire that leeds to the front? the litte jtag switch?

Last edited:
I assume it's a phat you're doing
If so you can use either of the kits above
The bottom kit makes it easier for soldering one of the Coolrunner wires, The J2B1 board in the bottom kit has an extension to make it easier, if you look at the 2 of them you'll notice that's the only difference

As for the yellow jtag wire and switch, I'm pretty sure it's only for use on the earlier "JTAG'able" dashboards. Please correct me if I'm wrong, have only RGH'd 2x360's, so may well be lol

Last edited:
that's confusing then, as under the pictureit says that this is not for the "coolrunner" so i presume it's for the jtag switch hack, which i what if you haven't got a cool runner you can use......i'll just wiat for the cool runner and have a go then, and i'll order one of them kits in the bottom picture.....still hard wired give me the same error's in reading the nand, which i was thinking is because i've only got half the kit intstalled...7

top kit > Note: This QSB is not for the CoolRunner. It is for standalone NANDX only. Phat install only not compatible with slim.

Guess i'll wait till me coolrunner's here....lol get it all wired up at once....

The reading/writing to /from the nand is done using the 7 wires to J2B1 and J1D2. The extra wires on classic JTAG were there to allow the unsigned code to boot.

Triple check the soldering and for any blobs/shorts including the underneath. I'd read the nand three times and compare. If you have matching bin files and same errors in same places, this is likely to be bad blocks on the mobo's nand. If you can't get a match then it's soldering issue. Check with flash 360 section of the Jtag Tool to confirm the bad blocks. Error 210 is meant to be a floating ground.

What is concerning is that Xell lives in the first 50 blocks. I don't know if this is applicable to you as you have a 512mb jasper based on the flash config at the top of your screen print. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can confirm/provide a solution for this.

Please delete links if applicable
h**p://www.acwww.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55024
h**p://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t704790.html

The reading/writing to /from the nand is done using the 7 wires to J2B1 and J1D2. The extra wires on classic JTAG were there to allow the unsigned code to boot.

Thanks matey, so what i have then i should be fine reading the nand? i still quite don't get it though as the kit as stated says "not available with the cool runner" so this is very confusing.

Triple check the soldering and for any blobs/shorts including the underneath. I'd read the nand three times and compare. If you have matching bin files and same errors in same places, this is likely to be bad blocks on the mobo's nand. If you can't get a match then it's soldering issue. Check with flash 360 section of the Jtag Tool to confirm the bad blocks. Error 210 is meant to be a floating ground.

I've double checked and double checked that i have a connection, using my trusty mulitimeter.....and i have chekced the bottom of the board and i get a good signal/beep on the mulitmeter.

Yeah well even with the QSB in place i get the reading of the nand failing in all the same places....now i have the wires soldered direct to the board it still chucks up errors in the same parts as with the QSB's (or when they were attached)

What is concerning is that Xell lives in the first 50 blocks. I don't know if this is applicable to you as you have a 512mb jasper based on the flash config at the top of your screen print. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can confirm/provide a solution for this.

I have no idea about this and not sure what it means.......

Please delete links if applicable
h**p://www.acwww.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55024
h**p://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t704790.html

I'll have a read of them links in a second mate

I'm doing another 2 or 3 dumps and then i'll have a look at what happens when i compare them.

nandread1.jpg

Last edited:
just a thought dibbs. the xbox doesnt have to be switched on you know? it just needs the power plugged in. im not sure it would cause these errors but worth mentioning. you never know.

Hi matey, Read the nand a couple of times now and have compared them in the "jtag" tool....this is what i get.....(yeah reading when the machine is off mate)

jtagcompare.jpg

Last edited:
keep trying mate. dont do what i did and just use a none matching nand.

Hi Mate, keep trying what? reading the nands? they take like 45 minutes per read, bit of a head scrambler i admit, What am i trying to achieve? a flawless read of the nand with no bad blocks at all?

I can't see how i can as tried reading the nand with the QSB and also wired direct.....

I've just ordered the QSB Phat Cool runner quick solder board and then along with the complete destructions for "cool runner" and the "QSB's" i think I'll start again.

I've been following this tut you see for the "cool runner" and as far as i can see there isn't a very (up to date) one floating about with what to do and I'm trying to do it arse over tit and jtag/mod a console in a way that i don't know how......

I've updated the console to dash 13604 and tried again (just to see)

Console properties as follows:

D 2..0.13604.0 K2.0.13604.0 (BK2.0.1888.0)

Hopefully I'll have better luck when the QSB and cool runner is installed.....?

p.s is that what I'm trying to achieve though, flawless reading of the nand? and can it really take that long per read, i guess it's only kilobytes and it's got 500 meg so can understand how it takes so long..jtag never been that fast!

Cheers

yes you need matching dumps. if they both have bad blocks in the same place thats ok. but they should match.

ok, thanks for that, so when i run them through the nand compare under jtag tools it has to come back with "matched" i get ya...thanks for that....i'll keep trying, tried another pc, tried the laptop, going to try again though......

i know your useing usb but i had more joy when i shortend my cable (dont think this is applicable to usb though) and moved any other wires away from the jtag. i.e power cables ect

yeah thanks for that, built a load of "jtag" devices over the years and that, but that's why grabbing the new nand-x and following the entourage of PDF's etc. I ended up with a nand-x and it's usb of course....i know it's the V3 (well it says that on the box) and I'm wondering if there's any thing else i can try.....

Might try a shorter usb cable/lead, also i have double and tripled checked the soldering, i have a good contact from all the pins connected, (also did when i had the QSB on..!)

I'll keep at it though! did you have a rs232 cable LPT printer stylee?

Back