Converting Original SOLO2 Image to Clone

in that case I am glad mine took the vix 808 with no problems except the driver date is still showing as 12-12-2013 when i have updated them to 24-12-2013

in that case I am glad mine took the vix 808 with no problems except the driver date is still showing as 12-12-2013 when i have updated them to 24-12-2013

Because it bypass the anti-clone files.for this we have to do it manually until the team release any update for theV1 boxes

He does not need to mate he has a original and a clone so he installs the image on the original solo2 replaces the driverd and backsup the image.

You have no original image so you have to work out another way to do this.

mate if its the matter of drivers then try to use trick.simply update the image and when it ask for the restart then no simply replace the driver list and restart after that .

Yes i did this but after restart solo stuck at boot logo and nothing further no ftp also

mate if its the matter of drivers then try to use trick.simply update the image and when it ask for the restart then no simply replace the driver list and restart after that .

Yes i did this but after restart solo stuck at boot logo and nothing further no ftp also

So your saying after flashing from usb do not restart and you have full FTP access ?

Ill try that tonight, never know that to work though because until reboot drivers to run network are not loaded.

If your saying that does work then maybe you loaded the wrong drivers, for instance BH does not seem to use official released drivers .

Or do you mean updating image online and then sending in older drivers by FTP before restart ?

So your saying after flashing from usb do not restart and you have full FTP access ?

Ill try that tonight, never know that to work though because until reboot drivers to run network are not loaded.

If your saying that does work then maybe you loaded the wrong drivers, for instance BH does not seem to use official released drivers .

Or do you mean updating image online and then sending in older drivers by FTP before restart ?

yes dear friend i mean it .. i did
1. first i copied the driver from clone blackhole images
2. I openatv image before date 15-12-2013 (with usb)
3. then updated from online update
4. it asked for reboot after successfull update
5. I did it no and connect ftp and replaced the drivers which i had already copied from BH clone image
6. Restarted the box . successfully on then it showed Opena tv Boot logo and at front disply only showed SOLO2.
but didnt go further . So i had to replace it with old BH image
Now u can advise me further . May be i m wrong but i think there was some kind diffrence with BH drivers thats why it didnt work or any other file also should be replaced to .

yes dear friend i mean it .. i did
1. first i copied the driver from clone blackhole images
2. I openatv image before date 15-12-2013 (with usb)
3. then updated from online update
4. it asked for reboot after successfull update
5. I did it no and connect ftp and replaced the drivers which i had already copied from BH clone image
6. Restarted the box . successfully on then it showed Opena tv Boot logo and at front disply only showed SOLO2.
but didnt go further . So i had to replace it with old BH image
Now u can advise me further . May be i m wrong but i think there was some kind diffrence with BH drivers thats why it didnt work or any other file also should be replaced to .

The driver form the blackhole image will not work on the Opentv image, that i think maybe the problem BH dont use the same driver.

But if you made a sussesfull reboot after the online update why replace the drivers in the first place ?

Am i missing something here ?

You should of backed up the OpenATV drivers and used those before reboot.

Sometimes over the air image updates will crash the image on reboot anyway and OpenATV usually tell you images is to old for online update please reflash but it will allow the online update anyway.

But if you made a sussesfull reboot after the online update why replace the drivers in the first place ?

Am i missing something here ?

You should of backed up the OpenATV drivers and used those before reboot.

Yes if I reboot the box it will go H/W error thats why I didnt reboot and first replaced the drivers and then reboot and result i written above .

The box drivers should be the same as they are from Vu and not BH or ViX or any image provider.

the box drivers should be the same as they are from vu and not bh or vix or any image provider.

test on opena tv again . Reboot after replaced the old drivers . Result is same showing at front panel " starting ....". Seems something is missing . Its not only the matter of driver .

Can you upload a copy of the new drivers and the ones that you are using as replacements?

Hi
I have the same problem with VTI image
I install VTI 6.0.3
I did backup of drivers (06/11/2013) in a local foder
I upgraded the box online to VTi 6.0.5
I replaced the new drivers (24/12/2013) with old drivers (06/11/2013)
I restarted the box but it doesn't reboot (No hw error but blocked in bootlogo)

The box drivers should be the same as they are from Vu and not BH or ViX or any image provider.

Am i correct in thinking you now have your solo2 clone ?

If so maybe try creating a upto date backup clone friendly on it mate and share your findings.

Do you have a v1 or v2 clone ?

If v1 maybe experiment creating a BH2.0.9 image from the clone !

Would be good info for us all.

Maybe i just have to bite the bullet and buy a solo2 clone myself and have a go.

Hi
I have Vu Solo2 clone V1
I bought my box from China in the middle of november (260 usd included DHL service to Italy)

So at the point where it appears to hang, can you ping or FTP to the box?

This is getting weirder and weirder.
@Ferret yes I do have a solo2 clone got it a few weeks ago. My box came with BH 2.0.6 which I don't like so I flashed it to ViX 802, set it all up then manually downloaded the driver updates packge and then installed it using the opkg command. Then copied over the old drivers and restarted. The box restarted fine, I then did an online update to get the box to ViX 808 which is where it is at the mo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already tried upgrade from BH 2.0.7 to 2.0.9
The problem was at the end of online upgrade the drivers are not been updated
FTP program showed always the old drivers (09/11/2013)
I haven't rebooted the box

So at the point where it appears to hang, can you ping or FTP to the box?

This is getting weirder and weirder.
@Ferret yes I do have a solo2 clone got it a few weeks ago. My box came with BH 2.0.6 which I don't like so I flashed it to ViX 802, set it all up then manually downloaded the driver updates packge and then installed it using the opkg command. Then copied over the old drivers and restarted. The box restarted fine, I then did an online update to get the box to ViX 808 which is where it is at the mo.

So its a V1 ?

Are you up for creating a BH 2.09 image on it this way we could all learn from how you managed it.

I know there is a BH 2.0.9 image from AJT but you be the first to complete the process on the clone box itself.

You can not update 2.0.8 to 2.0.9 online so the skill of building the image with older drivers in a external environment and not the flash is where skills need to be learned.

Online updates are always going to be easier than the above.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have a go over the weekend, don't get time during the week due to work and the family using the box in the evenings.

Stupid question time but how do I download what you've attached without signing up and or installing their download helper? I've clicked around and can't see how!

its ok friend
u can download now

Attachments

• VU+SOLO 2.rar
    5.5 MB · Views: 18
Back