Converting Original SOLO2 Image to Clone

Aliraza63

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Friends

This is the question to peoples who convert original Solo2 images to Clone Can somebody please tell me the steps needed to convert an original image to an clone one,what files need changing etc.I m looking for the answer just for my knowledge

Thanks

I think AJT uses his original solo2 sends in old drivers and backs it up.

Maybe multiboot may work on clone building image on usb in BA or something, not something ive tried on the VU+ range.

Not something I've tried myself but BA or Meoboot does seem to be the way to created and altered or customised image.

I do it a slightly different way in that I load up a clone safe image, then manually install and regress the drivers, then do an online update to get to the latest. But doing this has severe limitations in that this will only work whilst the online updates are available, move on a few months times and it could well be that the files required to go from ViX 802 to 808 are no longer available online so I'd then be stuck at 802 if I ever had to reflash.

thanks for reply .. I m also looking for the answer from AJT . what he says and whats his opinion

AJT has a clone and an original so he does what I do but on his original and then makes a backup of the image.

After changing driver
1.which other files we need to change ?
2. we need also change something in enigma or not ?.
3. is it possible to make original image for clone without the help of Original solo2 ?

After changing driver
3. is it possible to make original image for clone without the help of Original solo2 ?

Not like the dream clones mate all you need to do is change the driver and all the info for that is on the VU Solo2 clone thread.

As mentioned above you maybe able to do a clone image without using a original box with Barry Allen this you will have to try.

After changing driver

1. As far as I know no other files need to be changed
2. Not that I know of
3. Yes, you can do it the way I did but as I pointed out only whilst the online updates to take it to 808 are online but you should be able to use BA or MeoBoot to dump an image to USB and then modify it how you want, using this method you could in theory use any image as the starting point so you could use ViX 808 for example.

Something which I didn't mention probably because I thought it was obvious is that after doing an online update I did make a backup of the image on my box so if I ever need to I can reflash to 808 direct.

After dump how to modify ? via pc u mean or in stb ?

I have vucc from the downloads this will let you change the drivers in any e2 box

I think dcc can also work if u update image and dont restart the box and simply change the driver and then reboot but only if image doesnt show h/w error .. Ok tell me u want to say vucc will work in that condition to?
kindly post link

After dump how to modify ? via pc u mean or in stb ?

ftp into the backup folder barry allen installs

Transfer the zip file of the image you want to modify and install it with BA.

After that is complete you'll have another folder in the backup folder of the image you just installed, this will expand.

Navigate within that folder to lib/modules/extra depending on image there should be a driver folder named 3.1.1

Replace with drivers before 12/12/13

Now go back to barry allen and back that image up. Then test it in the flash.

Now im not saying this will work i dont have a clone to try it on but that would be the first method i would try.

I think you have to unpack the vuplus bin files, make your changes and then repack them.
this approach is applied to nfi images of dreambox on ubuntu os.

there is a plugin called (nfi-conveteur.ipk) as a know it can convert vuplus usb image version to nfi version (I did'nt try it)

hope this help
thanx

I think dcc can also work if u update image and dont restart the box and simply change the driver and then reboot but only if image doesnt show h/w error .. Ok tell me u want to say vucc will work in that condition to?
kindly post link
I have no idea if it will work if you have hardware error because my clone I used ajt image then i downloaded 808 original image and flashed that then i used vucc to add the drivers from the driver update tab in vucc it is availble in the vu downloads on this forum

I think AJT uses his original solo2 sends in old drivers and backs it up.

Maybe multiboot may work on clone building image on usb in BA or something, not something ive tried on the VU+ range.

Spot on mate its that simple.

I think you have to unpack the vuplus bin files, make your changes and then repack them.
this approach is applied to nfi images of dreambox on ubuntu os.

there is a plugin called (nfi-conveteur.ipk) as a know it can convert vuplus usb image version to nfi version (I did'nt try it)

hope this help
thanx

That plugin only works with OE1.6 images from memory.

So u use the same method with ba ?

He does not need to mate he has a original and a clone so he installs the image on the original solo2 replaces the driverd and backsup the image.

You have no original image so you have to work out another way to do this.

when you get HW error can you still connect ftp to it ? because the path for drivers is /lib/modules/3.3.8-2/extra you could then replace them and reboot

Back