Considering a VU+Duo over my DM800 and TM800??

Malcolm-X

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I currently own and run a TM800 and my ever reliable DM800 and just been wondering what all the fuss is about in respect to this VU+Duo Receiver and now I want to be part of the fun, but before I take the plunge I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I use a Sly UK White Card in the one of the card slots on this receiver?
2. How stable is CCcam on the receiver?
3. Can I use it as a CCcam Server and if so what are the max numbers of clients people have managed to get off this?
4. Does the CCcam Server side of things continue to run when receiver is in standby?
5. Does the images have media file playback (.avi, mp3 .mp4 etc?)

Having a TM800 has made me feel very insecure on making new purchases now with out doing my full homework hence the questions and I would
appreciate any feedback.

Regards

Hi Guys,

I currently own and run a TM800 and my ever reliable DM800 and just been wondering what all the fuss is about in respect to this VU+Duo Receiver and now I want to be part of the fun, but before I take the plunge I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I use a Sly UK White Card in the one of the card slots on this receiver?
2. How stable is CCcam on the receiver?
3. Can I use it as a CCcam Server and if so what are the max numbers of clients people have managed to get off this?
4. Does the CCcam Server side of things continue to run when receiver is in standby?
5. Does the images have media file playback (.avi, mp3 .mp4 etc?)

Having a TM800 has made me feel very insecure on making new purchases now with out doing my full homework hence the questions and I would
appreciate any feedback.

Regards

1. The white card works well
2. Very very stable
3. yes and i've heard of people using 30 +
4. Yes
5. Yes using vlc to stream videos from your pc to the duo.

It really is a great box mate. It's the nearest thing to a Sky+ hd box but better

Once again thanks for the reply Charlie, I think I will be going for it (even though the Xmas Gift List from the Mrs will not be in my favour).

I have always been a Technomate fan and even though I do not want to start a debate here I feel I need to go on other avenues now with the recent issues with the TM800 (even though these are being looked into by TM in a very positive manner).

Will replace the DM800 with the VU+ and still keep the TM800 as a Client I think.

Thanks again

It was a bit more than i wanted to spend as well mate ,but i knew that the mrs wouldn't be happy dropping down from a sly hd+ plus box to a dm500 ( which is a great box BTW ) so this looked like the best compromise and guess what ? she loves it

exellent choice on the vu duo , i cant believe how rock solid they are, just bought one for my parents for crimbo, now all i gotta do is buy myself one lol

It uses Enigma 2 images so it's quite a natural move from a Dreambox if your using an Engima image on your DM800, works exactly the same only much better in other ways. A lot less bugs, more responsive, you can point the remote in the opposite direction and it will still change channels. Apart from that it handles most of my MKVs and Divx files straight from my NAT drive in the Engima Media Player without any server running on a PC. The only thing it is lacking in my opinion is full 100% support for all Divx and MKV files, if it could achieve that I'd be delighted.

im also thinking of getting one - i have one question :

if an internal hardrive is fitted what one is the quitest to get . got a western digital fitted to my tm800 and it's far to loud !!
squig007

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know I am now a proud owner of a Vu+ Duo which I have for a couple of days now and so far so good, can't believe how solid this thing is.

Image quality is excellent and hd is way better that from sly hd+ receivers.

Only problem I have is getting to record to my external USB devices (memory stick or hdd). I've selected the path to the USB in settings, but still no joy??

Regards

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know I am now a proud owner of a Vu+ Duo which I have for a couple of days now and so far so good, can't believe how solid this thing is.

Image quality is excellent and hd is way better that from sly hd+ receivers.

Only problem I have is getting to record to my external USB devices (memory stick or hdd). I've selected the path to the USB in settings, but still no joy??

Regards

Try using the vix 1.3 image Malcolm-X:Clap::Clap::Clap:

:Clap: SORTED :Clap:

The 500gb USB HD is working flawlessly now and what a piece of cake getting this image going is.

Just need to get my EPG sorted now.

In the Vix settings menu there is Ryvix which I've found the best for the EPG imports, runs as a background process so doesn't bother you if you are using the box.

:Clap: SORTED :Clap:

The 500gb USB HD is working flawlessly now and what a piece of cake getting this image going is.

Just need to get my EPG sorted now.

would you say a internal hard drive or external one would be the best choice? also is it a sata or ide?, sorry for the daft questions m8 but im a total noob where hard drives are concerned. regards mdt

would you say a internal hard drive or external one would be the best choice? also is it a sata or ide?, sorry for the daft questions m8 but im a total noob where hard drives are concerned. regards mdt

Hi mate,

I've used an external one for now, but soon I will be having an internal HDD in the box.

You would need a SATA drive I believe.

Regards

Back