Commando 14.6 DM500 Release

Static ip settings work fine on Commando 14.6,

you need to know a free ip in your network

set the box to DHCP note the settings

now statically set the same settings and the free IP

l did do all that m8 .,, l know it was free because the box was using it but as soon as l set to static is didnt connect to the internet , its not a problem now tho , might be my setup ,

I appreciate you have it working now, but out of interest have a look at your router to see what the DHCP address scope is being served

pick an IP out of the scope but in the same subnet

use your routers IP as the gateway

set 8.8.8.8 as the primary dns server

then see if that works

that was it m8 , the default gateway was empty and the dns server have the router ip in ? l didnt put that in tho lol IMG_0268.JPG cheers m8 hope this will help others

guys, how do i set the epg timer so i can set it download during the night, every night, i cant seem to find it!

blue button ...timer list .. add plugin and pick time and days

where do i add the plugin from, all it says in timer is, new timer and reload, and new timer is to record from what i can see!

where do i add the plugin from, all it says in timer is, new timer and reload, and new timer is to record from what i can see!

on the record bit go left or right till plugin comes up then go to the bottom and pick plugin m8

click new timer, then go throught rest time you want it to update, daily then down botton excute plugin and list pops up.

thanks guys found that, now when i goto plugin, which am i selecting, is it, load getepg now, or is it another, which 1 is best!

yes m8 u can add another if u want to go into standby after that

when u have like u like u can do a backup image . if u want to install on a box with pli on it just add to temp folder rename to root.cramfs and do a manual update

Last edited:
yeah my plan is to get this box up and sorted exactly how i want it then make a backup with dreamup as this is my mothers 500, and iv got about 8 to do after i get this setup, so need to make sure its right, thanks for the help, nice tip for the manual update as all the boxes have pli on so its easier than connecting to my pc and flashing backup from there, ill just do it the ftp way!

yeah my plan is to get this box up and sorted exactly how i want it then make a backup with dreamup as this is my mothers 500, and iv got about 8 to do after i get this setup, so need to make sure its right, thanks for the help, nice tip for the manual update as all the boxes have pli on so its easier than connecting to my pc and flashing backup from there, ill just do it the ftp way!

remember this update too https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/288605/#post2119589

Last edited by a moderator:
im trying to do a auto bouquet update and its saying auto bouquet cannot update, check your settings, anyone got any clue, i havnt even changed anything other than regional channels!

im trying to do a auto bouquet update and its saying auto bouquet cannot update, check your settings, anyone got any clue, i havnt even changed anything other than regional channels!

u have got your dish connected ,. it gets it from your dish stream not the internet, or is that just the egp ? might be an internet problem then . go into seetings and do a network test

Last edited:
yeah its all connected mate, starts going through the motions then comes back cant complete, if i goto features then autobouquet now, it starts to do it then once its worked its way back through the menu automatically, it gets to around 190 seconds then goes back through meu, then a pop up saying auto bouquet wasnt generated, check your settings! ill try a reboot and set it away again!

Iv rebooted box and started again and its started doing a transponder scan so im guessing its doing it right this time. Hopefully anyway!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ok guys sorted that, now iv set 2 timers

getepg, everyday, 5am

autobouquet everyday, 4.30am

is it best to do the bouquet 1 daily aswell as the getepg, how have you guys got it setup, great image i must say well done guys!

why would you run autobouquet daily m8?

Back