Commando 14.6 DM500 Release

first time user for this image on dm500
cracking image :O) good stuff

i cant find openvpn though which i thought the image had going off the last release notes.
is it a separate plugin or is it really there and im just being a blind tool?

first time user for this image on dm500
cracking image :O) good stuff

i cant find openvpn though which i thought the image had going off the last release notes.
is it a separate plugin or is it really there and im just being a blind tool?

OpenVPN isn't an instrinsic component in Commando DM500, but tun support in the kernel is there for it. (Unlike in OpenPLi until we nagged them to include it in their nightly build configs).

This will hopefully get you up and running. It's one we did as an eazy-install add-on back in C14.4 and feedback suggested it works fine, when your own personal stuff has been included.

Destructions: FTP the attached update.zip installer AS-IS to /var/etc and reboot

Simples!!!

Cheers- AL ;)

Attachments

• update.zip
    551.2 KB · Views: 16
sorry to sound think but what is openvpn, is it where you connent to your box via ip address and able to watch it through computer and take scrren shots, or im i thinking something else.

i have connected to box via ip address but the web interface in foreign and i dont understand it.

OpenVPN = Virtual Private Network napster, like an invisible ethernet lead connecting two servers and all encrypted, even though the servers are miles apart.

Web I/F is a bit of a hotch potch of English and German, with German often coming first, as they got their towels there first. We've been dual lingo since 14.5 remember..

Cheers- AL ;)

Reading prior posts about EPG and LMAO at the thought of loading epg on a timer once a week :)

This is bit like buying the Radio Times every week, so as each day passes, there's lesser and lesser days of epg left in the mag, until it expires, and you have to go and buy a new mag, LOL!

Please consider: it's only UP TO 7 days on selected prime channels. The epg map provided has loads of channels at 3 days, many on 1 and all the crap on 0 (N+n)

So an automated daily epg load is rather a good idea, if you don't want to see loads of holes in 'Now' when you press OK to bring up the current bucket!

Cheers- AL ;)

why bother with a timer at all?
it takes 2 minutes for the epg to load....

switch the box on in the morning, go stick the kettle on or go for a piss.

by the time your done, its all loaded...
simplez... :)

why bother with a timer at all?
it takes 2 minutes for the epg to load....

switch the box on in the morning, go stick the kettle on or go for a piss.

by the time your done, its all loaded...
simplez... :)

Only works if you turn your box off every night though :)

just switch it off and on then lol

we can tell your a tight arse with the electric :)

if its you main box thats a good idea, but mine is in bedroom and when i go up i cant be @rsed waiting for bootup and epg like it all ready for me, on a plate :)

got a small problem now .. l have been using an internal share ie 192.168.1.102 12000 xxxxx xxxxx and clears fine and works but just tried to add another from external dns and shows off line ,., works on all my other boxes but not on this image ? running 2.2.1
anyone come across this , its a c lion by the way

cheer s

got a small problem now .. l have been using an internal share ie 192.168.1.102 12000 xxxxx xxxxx and clears fine and works but just tried to add another from external dns and shows off line ,., works on all my other boxes but not on this image ? running 2.2.1
anyone come across this , its a c lion by the way

cheer s
have you still got it running on another box at the same time, as it will only work in 1 at a time! if so switch the other box off then reboot see if it clears!

have you still got it running on another box at the same time, as it will only work in 1 at a time! if so switch the other box off then reboot see if it clears!
no its not m8 .. l know the problem now its not connecting to the internet only my home network .. all the settings look fine tho .. just playing now .. might be my wifi plugin im using .. never noticed a problem with old image but saying that l havent tried a different c lion for a along time so might of been playing up for some time

EDIT @ sorted now had to change to dhcp laptop had nicked the ip address lol ..

Last edited:
ok lm still having a problem .. the above box is working fine with dhcp on , now on my server/main box l have this image on now .. its on dhcp and open to 192.168.1.102 for my port forward so everythings working , but l cant set to static ip , if l do from menu it doesnt ping to server even tho its using the same ip , l have saved setting and every time l test its show error but as soon as l turn dhcp back on and restart network its fine again , anyone come across this ,, l could do with it being a static ip as the box is set to reboot in the timer .. cheers

Leave the box on DHCP and just assign it a static ip in the router instead :)

Sent from my x10 using Tapatalk 2

Leave the box on DHCP and just assign it a static ip in the router instead :)

cheers have done that now .. . just wondered where l was going wrong with the box ,, but this will do , cheers m8

cheers have done that now .. . just wondered where l was going wrong with the box ,, but this will do , cheers m8

Don't quite know what causes it but I've had it happen to me before,so its easier to set it in the router m8

Static ip settings work fine on Commando 14.6,

you need to know a free ip in your network

set the box to DHCP note the settings

now statically set the same settings and the free IP

Back