Commando 11.3 - Really the End

Sorry, m8- but I think a tiny bit got omitted from the tuxtext tarball...

Create a new folder: /var/tuxbox/config/tuxtxt

and pop the attached file into there. Change the filename from tuxtxt.txt to tuxtxt.conf

Let us know if this does the trick? Cheers- AL :)

Great image, setup no problems on a sagem x2. However I'm having problems with a nokia x2. Same settings goes for the scan but doesnt find any channels. I also notice I cant find the driver options that some other images had to switch between sagem and nokia. Any one got it to work on a nokia x2?

Designed, developed and tested throughout on Nokia, m8!! Try your Nokia on exactly the same feed as the sagem. You might need to give the Co-Ax Antenna socket a bit of TLC, as per the attached mini-Tute. Else the Tuner might be past it's Sell-by date...

Cheers- AL :)

...& i thought i was the only person who whined about TuxTxt :Laugh:

Designed, developed and tested throughout on Nokia, m8!! Try your Nokia on exactly the same feed as the sagem. You might need to give the Co-Ax Antenna socket a bit of TLC, as per the attached mini-Tute. Else the Tuner might be past it's Sell-by date...

Definately sure its not the tuner. nokia had laky pro previously and was playing back fine.

I've backed up my sagem and tried restoring to the nokia and nothing. Not even time. Restore the laky backup and its working fine. Maybe just have to stick with that with updated bouquets :(

Going to put this image in today But formated the pc due to viruses couldent save any thing, Cant remember what s/wear i need to flash etc so far i have setup_dboxifa_en.rar what elso do i need . thanx

It's the last one called Commando. If anyone is unhappy about that, then they'll have to organize an online Petition and send it to Renny!!

:nopity:

Dont think anyone understood this...

Dont think anyone understood this...

Hands up who would like Team Commando.......( T-C ) to continue with their tireless, unrewarded and mega time cosuming unpaid endeavour to make life even more idiot proof for the masses..............to produce something even better than 11.3..........?????????????

Renny and AL will be in your living room next flashing your box............FFS

Sorry, m8- but I think a tiny bit got omitted from the tuxtext tarball...

Create a new folder: /var/tuxbox/config/tuxtxt

and pop the attached file into there. Change the filename from tuxtxt.txt to tuxtxt.conf

Let us know if this does the trick? Cheers- AL :)

I think it's a bit more than that & it may be an incompatibility between tuxtxt & commando images. I see the issue on 10 11 & 11.3. Can others test & see what they get - might be box or area specific. Don't remember it having these issues under a very old Sportster image - but that was before your sterling efforts with Commando.

The 10 version was:

version=0101200812202003
creator=Commando_By_Fatty_&_PapaOldGit
imagename=Commando_10_powered_by_UkCvs.org

11 was with the 2/3 patches & 11.3 is your current release.

I'll check a few more things & shout if I can verify anything that helps. :)

Are you sure that TuxText isn't another plugin like TuxWetter, needing an online connection for the dbox?

Looking inside tuxtxt.so with HexEditor, I see a few strings containing www.tuxtxt.net in there...

Are you sure that TuxText isn't another plugin like TuxWetter, needing an online connection for the dbox?

Looking inside tuxtxt.so with HexEditor, I see a few strings containing www.tuxtxt.net in there...

Well since I have shown tuxtxt a route to the Net & it `works' with or without one - in a manner - I don't think so.

This is just a loose end - until I have any *hard* evidence that my test setup can provide, I'll not lose too much sleep.

On a completely different note - since overwriting Commando 10 with 11.3 not seen the random Now/Next EPG that used to spring to life on its own nor the lazy LCD - noticed that got a mention in the PDFs.

Nice to see yWeb is current - followed up my query about getting Yjogol to assist with a load of translated versions - A Pole is working on a translation, I may do the EN-GB one, once I get some time. Dunno if I should edit the final fileset or the source - preferences? Similarly - Switch the Alt tags to German or keep it pure GB?

I think it's a bit more than that & it may be an incompatibility between tuxtxt & commando images. I see the issue on 10 11 & 11.3. Can others test & see what they get - might be box or area specific. Don't remember it having these issues under a very old Sportster image - but that was before your sterling efforts with Commando.

The 10 version was:

version=0101200812202003
creator=Commando_By_Fatty_&_PapaOldGit
imagename=Commando_10_powered_by_UkCvs.org

11 was with the 2/3 patches & 11.3 is your current release.

I'll check a few more things & shout if I can verify anything that helps. :)

Definitely not the image as I have it running perfectly here since I downloaded it from the server,
Cant see it being the box to be honest so maybe area specific or just a bad flash.

Loving this image in so far as speed and responsiveness
One thing that I am getting though are audio sync problems which I have to sort by changing channels to resync
I have had this before on other images but I'm unaware of how to resolve the issue
It's more prominent here than I've seen before and a reflash didn't sort it
Any Ideas?
Cheers

EDIT : Seems to be more noticable on FTA channels

Last edited:
i hve flash this nice images.. n i hve change the magic file too 755.. but some channels are freezin like living tv n asian chaanels n some blank screen but can hear sound at the background .. any idea why is like tht???

This image has got a box working that was previously stuttering on intial bootup. Just one thing that the set my location for Romford does not appear to be correct should be 41050, 666750 6952

Definitely not the image as I have it running perfectly here since I downloaded it from the server,
Cant see it being the box to be honest so maybe area specific or just a bad flash.

Tuxtxt works on channels other than the BBC! more news as I have it...

Many thanks to all involved for your hard work,i am a big fan of commando images, your hard work is much appreciated :)

Back