Commando 11.3 - Really the End

cheers AL, renwich and all who were involved.superb work
i'm a relative noob at this but had no probs flashing image over (i used dbox IFA with null modem). added magic files...scanned in 3 minutes...:):):):)
happy days

A word about Real Magic, which contains two softcams. Assuming you've copied both into your image, and have selected one, and found this nice and stable, with no freezing and no popping / clicking noises- then you might as well delete the other cam.

No sense in carrying deadweight excess baggage in a slim racy image like this one! AL :)

the only small prob i've found is that when i set my start-up volume to 50% or 25% it always starts at 100 %. Not a moan from me.doesn't bother me at all..just saying :)

That's strange- as this has been tested until it begged for submission! Go into the Standby Volume Menu- what does it report as the << Current Setting ? If what you're saying is correct, it'll point to 100%.

Change it to 50% then after it has registered the new setting, look at the menu again. Does it now point to 50%? If not, it could be that your image has gone 'Read-Only', in which case a reflash using your backup is required.

Cheers- AL :)

just used Image Converter!! to convert from 2x to 1x...... the 1x will not install ...what have I done? ..or could somone download a 1x image please

Have put this on my Sagem 1x box & all working well, nice smooth channel changes & the EPG all working well in TW land :)

Oh & you was right about this m8:

One piece of advice guys- ALWAYS reboot the box before FTP'ing a new Image and reflashing, please. Or the shit will often hit the fan, due to the amount of EPG stored in memory...

Did not re boot mine & had to resort to IFA in the end.

Lesson learned

Last edited:
just used Image Converter!! to convert from 2x to 1x...... the 1x will not install ...what have I done? ..or could somone download a 1x image please

did you convert it without bootlaoder??? if it doesnt load it usually means image file is to big, ie converted with bootloader, cheers..................joe

That's strange- as this has been tested until it begged for submission! Go into the Standby Volume Menu- what does it report as the << Current Setting ? If what you're saying is correct, it'll point to 100%.

Change it to 50% then after it has registered the new setting, look at the menu again. Does it now point to 50%? If not, it could be that your image has gone 'Read-Only', in which case a reflash using your backup is required.

Cheers- AL :)

sorry AL.volume setting is fine now.it's just that my mrs didn't change it correctly.lol
never send a woman to do a mans job :)

this may seem like a dumb queston - but i have fooking lost me remote!!! and i have just updated to this ver anybody any ideas what the default ip address it
ta

hi a big thanks to all for there hard work that must have went into this image. the image is amazing. no problems at all. looks really cool with the added channel icons. thank you

this may seem like a dumb queston - but i have fooking lost me remote!!! and i have just updated to this ver anybody any ideas what the default ip address it
ta

In the accompanying fully-illustrated PDF readme doc, there's only a big fook-off screenshot of the Telnet console, clearly showing the dbox IP address! (As well as User and Password)...

Cheers- AL : spank :

ffs i was looking on there as well, did not think to look at the bastard top!!!
o well i found it anyway with the tuxflash tools and changed it in there as well---lolol

Thanks for all the work and ideas put into this i hope this aint the end though cause your images are like Heineken probably the best images in the world lol
but seriously dont make this the last lads.

:WORSHIP:

cheers johny48

will be flashing over later on tonight after reading the in depth pdf file thanks to all that made this possible we would still be in the dark without your efforts

Love the image. The online updates are great, the epg works great. Very smooth and quick. Love it!

Good job on the image.

Any settings that would mess with tuxtxt? Seems to miss most of the 888 updates. :(

Good job on the image.

Any settings that would mess with tuxtxt? Seems to miss most of the 888 updates. :(

from post no. 1 mate

Please read the PDF before wading in gung-ho, eh?

Rodboy - did do & read it again. What am I missing?

I think it's just as it was in C10 flashing back - you see the same issue. So it may be hardware or tuxtxt related.

I've looked at the stuff from tuxtxt.net cache & nocache librarys - settings cache on & off.

Ta for the reply :)

Back