Commando 11.3 - Really the End

hi al, noticed when i went to ftp roms that the keys folder was empty, no camd, autoroll update etc, i tried to fransfer the keys folder from the virgin lite, but to no avail, i thought i had a keys folder in my stuff here, but i must have deleted it by mistake or someone else has, only getting fta at the moment coz of this, any help appreciated, cheers....joe

hi al, noticed when i went to ftp roms that the keys folder was empty, no camd, autoroll update etc, i tried to fransfer the keys folder from the virgin lite, but to no avail, i thought i had a keys folder in my stuff here, but i must have deleted it by mistake or someone else has, only getting fta at the moment coz of this, any help appreciated, cheers....joe

the help is here

h**p://www.mercs.us/Tools.htm

the real magic files

One piece of advice guys- ALWAYS reboot the box before FTP'ing a new Image and reflashing, please. Or the shit will often hit the fan, due to the amount of EPG stored in memory...

Cheers- AL :)

some stats to think about when ftp reflashing:

most standard dbox's have 32mb ram
standard running processes = 16>18mb ram
7day epg on 100 channels = 10mb ram +-

dbox allocates up to half ram for /tmp usage when needed, so as you can see ftp'ing 8mb image to box /tmp when full 7epg is already collected is not the ideal scenario.

the help is here

h**p://www.mercs.us/Tools.htm

the real magic files

cheers mate for the link, i tried it earlier, asking to send email, my outlook express plays funny bu**ers so not sending, tried via hotmail, no reply as yet, joe

cheers mate for the link, i tried it earlier, asking to send email, my outlook express plays funny bu**ers so not sending, tried via hotmail, no reply as yet, joe
You talking riddles m8 lol
just go to the webpage using the link provided by neathdrew then look for the real magic files.

You talking riddles m8 lol
just go to the webpage using the link provided by neathdrew then look for the real magic files.
when i entered the link it was coming up, if you cant see this page i have done something wrong, etc, etc, anyway managed to get there, box is now up and running fine, thanks to all, if my files werent deleted would have it up and running hours ago, everything seems fine, i dont talk riddles mate, been on here too long for that, lol, just stating what came up, anyways all sorted, cheers.........joe

I wasn't having a pop mate, lol, i just did not understand what you were on about thats all:)

The link to caoimhe's site is working fine! Real Magic rar is in the right pane.

Please note! The Lost Property Dept.rar kit works only with \/irgin+ 2.1 and for no other image! Two vital little files are commoned / aliased / hidden away / SymLinked in that image, so Lost Property is unique for that image only!!

Cheers- AL :)

so if i am updating someones box do i remove the keys and cams? anything else? also which directory are these in so i can save before flashing?

can i use imageworks to convert this image to 1x or do i need a different converter software? thx

ok Al. has been running fine for the last 24hrs. no glitches at all, i have had some good images on my boxes thru the years but this one is probably the best, i,m gonna convert it to a 1x for my squeaky sagem upstairs but that only runs on the gbox cam, will it be ok to put gbox cam in this one, cheers.............joe

flashed copied over everything i felt was required but only getting FTA have i missed something??

Now you're sorted, try the new backup /var partition menu item under the blue button menus. Once you've transferred this to your PC in a safe place, you then have a WinRAR-accessible archive containing everything under /var - including all your 'custom' files and services / bouquets / timers / epgfilters etc etc.

Cheers- AL

Oh- ps: Stop Press! Renwich has made public the Commando 11.3 diffs over on UkCvs! :)

cheers mate keep up the good work really is appreciated and image is amazing

Back