Cloud ibox 4 problem

womble171

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guy's

Thanks for having me on the forum, I look forward to learning some new tricks and sharing any knowledge I can pass on...

My problem at the moment is I've got a cloud ibox 4 and I've pressed to bring some add on updates in (I now know that was a stupid move) the box was saying something about installing unmanned updates, but was like that for about 3 hours. Now the box seems to be dead. I did get a recovery USB with some files on when I got it, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything? The red standby lights are on, but the fan isn't working or anything..have I knackered it totally??? Any advice appreciated...

Hi guy's

Thanks for having me on the forum, I look forward to learning some new tricks and sharing any knowledge I can pass on...

My problem at the moment is I've got a cloud ibox 4 and I've pressed to bring some add on updates in (I now know that was a stupid move) the box was saying something about installing unmanned updates, but was like that for about 3 hours. Now the box seems to be dead. I did get a recovery USB with some files on when I got it, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything? The red standby lights are on, but the fan isn't working or anything..have I knackered it totally??? Any advice appreciated...

Look like it has been hit with the time bomb youll need to jtag it to recover here is a thread on the subject.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/clo...eivers-659/415188-jtag-board-cloud-ibox4.html

Thanks mate. I'll have a look at thread as soon as I get some decent Internet. I'm stuck in an old barn today with very bad reception today

I've managed to get a quick look at the link you posted mate, but I'm a bit lost to be honest. Does jtag invlove buying another board and doing some soldering an other stuff, or is it a case of putting something on a USB and transferring it to the box that way?

I've managed to get a quick look at the link you posted mate, but I'm a bit lost to be honest. Does jtag invlove buying another board and doing some soldering an other stuff, or is it a case of putting something on a USB and transferring it to the box that way?

Nothing can be done by usb its solder and a development board to flash the nand with.

Thanks for your reply Ferret. I'll take a good look at the post again to see if it's within my capabilities.

I've now managed to have a look at the thread posted with regards to the fault with my box....I think it's safe to assume that the box is now bricked and I need a cypress board to fix it. Is it worth me trying to source a board from somewhere and attempt the repair myself, do any of the forum members offer its repair service, or is it worth just trying to source a new box?

I've now managed to have a look at the thread posted with regards to the fault with my box....I think it's safe to assume that the box is now bricked and I need a cypress board to fix it. Is it worth me trying to source a board from somewhere and attempt the repair myself, do any of the forum members offer its repair service, or is it worth just trying to source a new box?

There are ebay sellers offering a jtag service on these. Search jtag.

Thanks Ferret. I've just had a quick look on ebay an can only see repairs for ibox 2 and 3. If I bought another box, would it just be a case of putting one of your images on and then getting my line transfered to new box?

my thoughts on buying clone boxes is the oops factor like you got already and going down the same route again.research and good support is vital and a headache:Chainsaw:

proper identification of box that can run images for that model only.

Thanks Ferret. I've just had a quick look on ebay an can only see repairs for ibox 2 and 3. If I bought another box, would it just be a case of putting one of your images on and then getting my line transfered to new box?

Dont buy another ibox 4 mate go with the Zgemma s2 or h2s both twin tuner officially supported by a fair few images groups.

Thanks Cactikid. I didn't know what box I was getting to be honest as I bought it as a package with the line. If you could recommend a box then I would appreciate it, as I don't know a good box romantic bad...cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Ferret. So would it just be a case of buying the box and then coming back here for the image, then getting my supplier to transfer my line over to new box?

Thanks Cactikid. I didn't know what box I was getting to be honest as I bought it as a package with the line. If you could recommend a box then I would appreciate it, as I don't know a good box romantic bad...cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Ferret. So would it just be a case of buying the box and then coming back here for the image, then getting my supplier to transfer my line over to new box?

Yeah there are a few backup images for these Zgemma range so you can use one if you wish. Then you need the line sending in.

If I got the zgemma,is it all software based then, like just getting the right file and then putting it to USB stick an plugging it into the box?

Cheers mate. I've been looking at the zgemma h.2s. Do you guys have the software for it, or is there another box you would recommend?

Thanks for quick reply mate. Is it easy enough to do as I'm a complete novice at this....hence how I bricked the ibox.

Cheers Ferret. I didn't load the image on the ibox though, I bought it plug an play

Back