Chorus MMDS DM500T, what next

hi there,

tnx for that.

90db on a tv/fm signal level meter that was.

but working channels have no BER.
and the SNR on the 500 is 99% on all channels except the missing ones (i can put on the missing ones by copying the service files over from a working box)

You wrote the bbc1 transponder is missing via the first antenna and you get that channels via an other aerial at a other place.
Thats a typical hint for a signal problem.

hi again, thanks for your time..

i possibly wasn't clear in my description....

there are two transmitters near me.. they use different downconverters...

If i move the box to anywhere that is using the same downconverter as myself then no luck,,,

If i move it to another place that uses the different trasnmitter then i get the channels..

It must be the lates batch of boxes that have problems.... has to be....

My problem is i don't have enough information on the mmds system.. is there any way they have introduced this problem on the network? I think/hope not

Check the frequencies. Maybe there is a other frequency in use at the second transmitter. As far as I know downconverted 258.000, 266.000 or 276.000 are possible for the bbc1 transponder.
After all it could be a problem between dream multimedia tuner driver and the tuner at a clone box. You could try a older image.

Last edited:
hi the mgb,,
you may be onto something,, got a pm form another guy that said to try the dream1.6.5 image
i tried gemini 3.6 which worked with all 500T i've got from same source, and even tried 4.0 over the w/end

And yes i think it's finding channel4 on the different transponder, i see
Channel 4 up on the screen while it scans 258 and 266

however on the other transmitter (one with problem) the dream only seems to scan 266 for a split second and skips on...

does this make any sence?

now i don't want to confuse matters even more but maybe it misses some channesl on the second trasnmitter and i just didn't notice.. i.e. maybe it gets channel4 and not some other channel.. maybe

You could try gemini 3.10. That version was created before the latest greater tuner driver revision of dream multimedia.

tnx mgb, i'll give that a try tonight and see how i get on..

i'll post the finding

tnx

sri didn't get a chance to try.. my glitcher arrived yesterday and having a play with that..

hopefully i'll try it 2nite.

hey guys, one of you out there emailed me, sorry i hit unsafe content which deleted your mail my mistake. as i do not know your email address i cannot unblock it. if you post it on the site i will unblock you from emailing me. Otherwise you could send a private mail to me on this site

Thanks knobby for terestrial.xml, I 've copied that to /var/etc
next:
I need evo camd to /tmp
keys and scce to /usr/keys /usr/scce
Am I right?

files have been sent to you. let me know how you get on

sri didn't get a chance to try.. my glitcher arrived yesterday and having a play with that..

hopefully i'll try it 2nite.

how did you get on chorusinfo. any luck with retrieving the channels

sri m8, been having too much fun with the cards, the dreambox is still sitting in the corner.
I'll be posting as soon as i get back to it don't you worry.

btw i did try this manual scan while watching a channel (while watching many channels) and it din't work.

i'll get back to this soon..

Hi knobby,
evocamd to /tmp - this is done
the file fwd.zip cannot be opened, it is saying to many embedded zip files (for virus scanning reasons)

Hi knobby,
evocamd to /tmp - this is done
the file fwd.zip cannot be opened, it is saying to many embedded zip files (for virus scanning reasons)

yea its a stupid thing hotmail in its wisdom has implemented. if you have another email address i can send it to that:banana:

Knobby. I am getting a Drambox600-t next week maybe if iam am stuck I can give you a shout if you dont mind?

do not mind but not as up to speed on the 600t as the 500t but there is no probelm with you asking

Back