Chorus MMDS DM500T, what next

ya..
it varies over transmitters so those people get bbc1 ch4 etc.
and they miss channel6, a setanta channel and can't remember the others.

i have a good one and a bad one..
i'm gonna have one last try tonight,,, have a few ideas but i'm holding out much hope..

You are wasting your time m8 i have looked at this very closely and have data sheets from dream multimedia on this f***ed up tuner the only thing to do is replace the tuner.. to prove a point if you like the bad box you have just lift the lid off the tuner and you will plainly see what im talking about

cheers chucky...

i'll have a look... what should i expect to see?

they are the phillips tuners ya?

With the back of the box facing you looking down on the board of the tuner you will see a small part burnt out maybe it can be replaced i found it easier to send it back

ummmm, ok.. i'll check..

i'm doubtfull that's our problem as so many people have it lately...
but I will most definitly have a gawk and report back.. thanks.

oh right.. it's something different then most likely.. i'll still have a look tonight..

what seems to be happening now is that the latest boxes are not tuning 266mhz, and previous models were,

i've had a good few people PM me wondering about a solution so it's definitly a problem with lates tuner..

i've been onto them though and they assure me nothings changed..

i tend to agree with you though chucky,, think i'm wasting my time....

i've copied settings over from the working box and they tuner on the bad box just reports a jumping signal and huge BER for the now shown "missing" channels..

where is mr.dudes sticky on the 600T, i cant seem to find it :(

(its probably right in fronnt of me)

hmmm.. i dont know how to FTP or TELNET sw :(

ahh well

use universal dreamup to flash the image you want to the 600. When done, set up the network IP addy in the settings menu. Use a network cable to connect your computer to the dream.Download a trial version of Cute ftp as your FTP client. Type in the IP Addy of the dreambox and set root and dreambox as the login details. Once you can see the files on the Dream, you will be able to transfer the Keys and Roms etc to the box. If all this seems too daunting, have a search for one of the tuts on setting up the dreambox. They are in the downloads section.....

With the back of the box facing you looking down on the board of the tuner you will see a small part burnt out maybe it can be replaced i found it easier to send it back

The blokes are talking here about clone 500t boxes and not DMM items.
It looks like some clone boxes got a not fully working tuner.

Yes dream multimedia know about this issue two years now they say its easier to replace the tuner.. its not just clone 500t boxes has this problem the orginal 500t and some 500c

Some clone boxes have a gap between 260 and 285 mhz.
There is no genuine box which such a gap.
The 500c tuners need simply a stronger signal.

Dream multimedia has no affiliation to fake boxes.
Beside that there are no reports about a higher frequence of tuner replacements for genuine boxes.

Hi chucky,

I looked at the tuner but I couldn't find any burned patches. Did your box
fail fail to tune the BBC transponder from the beginning or did it develop
a fault after a while?

obwan

Back