Chorus MMDS DM500T, what next

nope,,, the channels are then listed, but no SNR and huge BER

i'd love to blame the boxes.. but i'm 90% (was 100% but beginning to doubt myself) positve i had a box with all channels once put it in at my girlfriends hours and brought it back and they were gone..

here's the odd thing.. i've tried it on a different transmitter today and now they are there, and setanta1 is gone....

can this stuff be network related? i'm about to throw in the towel on this one..

Going to try a backup on one and will let you know if they clear.Wont get to try it until next week. Could it be a signal issue ???

ok i've been trying to get these missing channels

it seems that they are all on the one transponer on 266mhz..

the box will just not get a SNR it keeps flashing all over the place

i've copied the settings files over from a working 500T and all the channels appear on the listings, but when i manual scan i see all the missing ones are on 266mhz

i've side by side settings with the two boxes just now and nothing!!!

it seems that i cannot get a snr on 266 period..... (on one of the boxes)

have to say i'm at my wits end... here

just out of curiosity, can you look through the grill on top of the box and read
out the part number of the tuner?
It should be something like

3139 147 20681c#
TU1216L/I H P
SV25 0543

311229714381C#
TU1216L/I HEM P
SV22 0525

Made in indonesia

i'm thinking hardware problem myself.. but i'm hoping now... i really want to get to the bottom of this

ok... the plot thickens,,,

i moved the box to the other transmitter,,,,

now 266mhz tunes no problem and i have channel4 and utv. but had problems with other channels
lost channel6 and setanta1

On Eurovox and Starview 387.000 is gone and 394.000 has been replaced by 395.000. 402.000 is a new frequency that will bring in the rest of the channels. Mind you this is for true cable and not MMDS. UPC have been doing a bit of juggling on the tps.

ok... the plot thickens,,,

i moved the box to the other transmitter,,,,

now 266mhz tunes no problem and i have channel4 and utv. but had problems with other channels
lost channel6 and setanta1

It looks like the problem box got an weaker tuner.
Compare SNR and AGC between your boxes for some working frequencies.
If there is a greater difference you could try an booster with variable gain.

thank you,

i will try that and see how i get on.. today is just too fine so i'm gonna enjoy it, but i'll try it l8r and post my findings...
tnx

It's a strange problem allright.

Last edited:
i've spoken to a guy about not being able to receive bbc's an utv on some boxes, he said that there was just a bad batch of boxes sent out at one point last year, ive the same problem on my 500t...you are either lucky or not if u get a good one at this stage.

yikes,

my box just arrived last week straight from factory... so guess i'm just unlucky
all others one worked fine though...

It's a strange problem allright. I had a dreambox that would pick up all the
channels before the tuner blew on it. It was under warranty so I sent it back to be repaired. When it came back it couldn't receive BBC1, BBC2 etc.
So it seems that it's the luck of the draw wheather or not they have problems. It's not a signal strength problem by the way. BER was 0 on the
BBC channels when I had the old ( good) dreambox.

obwan

If the new tuner need a stronger signal the tuner simply want a stronger signal.
Not every tuner is exact equal to the other.
If the most channels are working there is not much signal strength missing.

ya, i kinda agree, i've an +90db signal here that's way more than in needed... so it's definitly not a signal problem in my case.

i had huge ber and no snr when i copied the channel setting from a working box to the bad one

hi guys just seen on another website someone else having same problems with the same transponder...
has everyone suddenly got dodgy boxes? or has the network changed in some way?

yes i'm grasping at straws... my 600T is working fine and another 500T is working fine here now... but this other one... no...

thanks for that,
my heart stopped for a second, thought it may for some strange reason be the solution..
but that is for cable (true cable) we're talking about a dvbT tuner here on chorus mmds
that needs a terrestrial.xml...

it contains the frequncys for ntl mmds and chorus bruteforce so would it not just be a case of renaming it terrestrial.xml

hi again,

nope the contents are a different structure.

tnx all the same

ya, i kinda agree, i've an +90db signal here that's way more than in needed... so it's definitly not a signal problem in my case.

i had huge ber and no snr when i copied the channel setting from a working box to the bad one

A too strong signal is as bad as a too weak signal.
BER should be around 0.
If you get a higher BER for working channels the signal strength is not right for that tuner.
Maybe a variable attentuator is the solution for you.
Btw. the signal strength is showed in per cent not DB.
90 % means more you need an booster.
If you try an booster the device should cover the full range 100 mhz to 850 mhz.

Last edited:
Back