Sensible Topic Large workshop

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hello Guys

I have an 18x8 wooden workshop being fitted next month and wondered what is the cheapest method to insulate and panel this out , Any thoughts and ideas welcome.
I will be putting our Laz-y-spa in there with a tv and wanted this insulated and T+G in some way , I have seen some insulation an eBay which was Yuzet Double Aluminium foil but unsure how i work out how many metres i would need They are 1.2 metres wide by whatever length you require but not vey good on the per metre calculations!
Anyway if anyone has done anything like this or has ideas or suggestions i would appreciated it if you could share.

My thoughts up to now was to insulate and panel it with a couple of extractors in there for steam and ventilation.

Thanks.

Kingspan and moisture plasterboard i will google that now

You need to find out what size and centers the joists/framing are on your workshop (usually .600mm) and thickness, then buy insulation board to suit.

he means the gaps between the spars . some pics might help but what willin was getting at is that the kingspan i listed was only 450 wide
and if your straps are more than that wide there could be a lot of wastage but th e sheets come in this size or 2400 by 1200

Ok im not too sure on that to be honest , i would have to wait until it arrived.

What kind of money are we looking at to tongue and groove the interior do you guys think

more than kingspan and plasterboard

the way to work it out is by the square meter so if your shed is 8 foot by 18 then thats about 2.4 meter by 6 meter
then is its 2.4 meter high then the width walls are 2.4 x 2.4 = 5.76 square meter times 2
the lenth walls are 2.4 x 6 = 14 .4 times 2 minus the door way area so all in your about 40 square meter

more than kingspan and plasterboard

the way to work it out is by the square meter so if your shed is 8 foot by 18 then thats about 2.4 meter by 6 meter
then is its 2.4 meter high then the width walls are 2.4 x 2.4 = 5.76 square meter times 2
the lenth walls are 2.4 x 6 = 14 .4 times 2 minus the door way area so all in your about 40 square meter
I have never understood the sq metre thing in all honesty

Hi Guys

Been looking at this for insulation :

100mm Knauf Earthwool roll it's 12 metres 1140 mm wide and this covers 13 square metres.

what do you guys think

Back