Children's Tax Allowance - possible backdated allowance of £520

i chased mine too, im entitled but its a swamp thing at the moment due to the popularity of it.

yeah i rang up thios morning ive been told my local tax office operate on a 5 week turnaround atm.

Hopefully not too much longer and as long as they pay i out i dont care too much when i get it as it will be a nice lil windfall.

cheers dont no how i missed that the thought of work tomorrow probley

Have a look at post #7 & #9 in this thread.
HH.

Not everyone needs to send this to the same address.

You should send it into your own local tax office reason i know is when i saw the post with the address in this thread i knew i hadnt posted mine there so when i rang up i asked if id made a mistake. I told the lady on the phone that i had sent it to the address in the top left hand corner of the forms. she told me it was the address of my local office from which the form had been sent.

She asked what the address was and she told me that it was correct.

Perhaps this is why that office has a much bigger turn around than mine? :)

My tax office is Salford, gave them a call and they said I cant apply. TM1 means rolling 1 month but they couldnt explain that very well when I asked what it meant. Sounds like the lady was fed up with calls about this rebate.

My tax office is Salford, gave them a call and they said I cant apply. TM1 means rolling 1 month but they couldnt explain that very well when I asked what it meant. Sounds like the lady was fed up with calls about this rebate.

yeah i noticed it is on an automated message now when you ring. I bet there a thousands of peeps waiting on payout.

Just spoke to my accountant and cos im self employed ive already had the allowance.
Good luck to the few who get it.

I got a letter today from them telling me they need me to send in my p60 in order to revcieve any money owed.

I cant find the fecking thing anywere and they told me to contact my old employer who i havnt worked for for over 6 years and he cant supply me with one is there anyway i can get one?

Ive rung my local tax office they dont issue them anymore. Strange thing is it should be on record with them anyway when he submitted his self assesment.

When i rang and asked about this refund they checked their system and were able to tell me i was entitled so why do they need it?

Last edited:
Just phoned my local office for another update & the (very) nice man told me my cheque's being processed but may take up to 8 working days to be sent out. Just need to wait every day for the postman now..........
Fingers crossed for everybody else that applied.
HH.

i phoned my local tax office on monday and a nice woman on the phone said that she had checked my file and there was nothing noted that they had started to process my claim yet and they have been told to tell anyone who has put a claim in that they have to wait until the 11th april to get back incontact with them if they havnt heard anything by then.

Just phoned my local office for another update & the (very) nice man told me my cheque's being processed but may take up to 8 working days to be sent out. Just need to wait every day for the postman now..........
HH.

when did you put your claim in?

when did you put your claim in?

Middle of December I think, defo before Christmas.
HH

edit: you phoning Centre 1 in East Kilbride jock?

Last edited:
HH.

Tell me to mind my own if you want m8 but can i ask do you actualy recieve £520?

I had to send in my p60 in order them to process mine so hopefully i am recieving somthing soon too.

Middle of December I think, defo before Christmas.
HH

edit: you phoning Centre 1 in East Kilbride jock?

lol no m8 my local tax office is 10 mins walk from my house which is in swansea south wales lol

ps and before you ask why called jock well its my nickname around here as my surname is mcleod:Cheers:

Tell me to mind my own if you want m8 but can i ask do you actualy recieve £520?

I had to send in my p60 in order them to process mine so hopefully i am recieving somthing soon too.

Mind yer own business!! :Laugh::Laugh: No, no probs mate.

He said 'I can't tell you the exact amount as the cheque ain't processed yet but it is a substantial sum' When I pushed him he said more than £500 so I'm guessing it's the 520 figure we already heard. Hopefully you'll get a nice cheque through soon.
HH

I sent my form in January. Got a reply last week by post advising I had already had the allowance doh! A friend of mine also got a letter with a cheque for £600 and odd quid! Can't be bad eh.

Back