Children's Tax Allowance - possible backdated allowance of £520

I rang my office and the lady said they are dealing with decembers post date at the mo.

I said well ive had a letter from them asking me to send in my p60 so they must have started to process it? She said yeah it looks as though they have started it when did you send in your latest documents? i said 2 weeks ago first class recorded.

She said well all i can say is some post gets here quicker than others. I said weel you have recieved it as it was signed for and then she said yeah i can see it has been recieved!?

So i said well you know when i sent it then? she repeated all i can say is we are dealing with decembers post.

She was obviously fed up of calls about it or somthing.

Just phoned my local office for another update & the (very) nice man told me my cheque's being processed but may take up to 8 working days to be sent out. Just need to wait every day for the postman now..........
Fingers crossed for everybody else that applied.
HH.

Cheque just arrived for £768.76 (still trying to fathom out how they got that figure?) just now, WooHoo!!
Good luck to everybody else, hope you get a pleasant surprise from them too.
HH.

Cheque just arrived for £768.76 (still trying to fathom out how they got that figure?) just now, WooHoo!!
HH.

Great news HH did you just claim for the one child ie sent 1 form?

HH.

Damm, should have been a clause for 10% for the poster

Well done mate :drink:

I got a letter last week saying I'd already had it, but it was worth a punt.

thebigman

Great news HH did you just claim for the one child ie sent 1 form?

One child born in 2001, I remember ticking the box to claim for 2 years but the 1st guy I spoke to said the deadline had passed for the first year but he thought I had a valid claim for 2002/03.
Think I've got 1 full year at £529, part of the earlier year & they've even paid £93.72 'Repayment Supplement' (note says if they repay after 31/Jan they add a sum for Interest)
HH.

One child born in 2001, I remember ticking the box to claim for 2 years but the 1st guy I spoke to said the deadline had passed for the first year but he thought I had a valid claim for 2002/03.
Think I've got 1 full year at £529, part of the earlier year & they've even paid £93.72 'Repayment Supplement' (note says if they repay after 31/Jan they add a sum for Interest)
HH.

Ok cheers just a waiting game for me then i guess hope im lucky enough to get it.

i just mind off early jan and not heard anything back

is their a number I need to call to check on my status

just called today and my claim has been dealt with and im getting it, however there is no calculation of how much! woo hoo!

just called today and my claim has been dealt with and im getting it, however there is no calculation of how much! woo hoo!

Great news mate, probably have a wee wait before the big cheque arrives but you'll get it eventually.
HH.

Last edited:
i rang up today again lol to see if there was any news and i was told there was nothing showing on the system and if i hadnt heard from them by the 10th april to phone back,so i asked if they had recived my form and they said nothing is showing on my file and it wont until they process my claim?

well last time i rang i got told they were processing decembers so it makes sense that you and h got oyurs sorted. so january will be next hopefully.

Wierd thing is they started prosseing mine ages ago because they asked for a p60 which i sent recorded weeks ago and then when i rang up to see if they were close to sorting it she said it hasnt been processed yet.

Just a waiting game.

i dont think ill get much. my wee girl was born november 02. i started claiming wftc a while after that. so not holding out for much.

my oldest was born in 95 so fingers crossed lol

Back