Channel FIVE - no sound

Dazmeister

Inactive User
Reaction score
got a really weird one here guys. did a search but didn't come up with anything.
i recently lost audio to five and no matter what, cant get it back. only this channel affected, any ideas???
i have checked via web gui to make sure audio is setup for stereo. i know sometimes i have had movie channels flick over to audio for partially blind etc (NAR) which i have had to re configure, but never had a channel with no sound.

wtf going on?

All that happened is that Channel 5 was for some reason being broadcast with two audio PID's.

One had the sound, the other didnt and the box chose the wrong one.

If that happens, press the "Audio" button on the remote control and choose the other audio channel.

All that happened is that Channel 5 was for some reason being broadcast with two audio PID's.

One had the sound, the other didnt and the box chose the wrong one.

If that happens, press the "Audio" button on the remote control and choose the other audio channel.
Sadly I don't have a "Audio" button (old style small remote). I had however gone into the web gui to set the PID there, but there is only one option, not two, as first mentioned.
No worries, as at least I got a working channel with sound.

Sadly I don't have a "Audio" button (old style small remote). I had however gone into the web gui to set the PID there, but there is only one option, not two, as first mentioned.
No worries, as at least I got a working channel with sound.

Had the same problem. I Deleted 5 from the services and re-scaned. ;)

Back