ADVICE - Updating Wooshbuild image ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guy's

My Wooshbuild Zgemma H2S has had 'dodgy' audio/narrative for a while now, some channels have no sound, some constant narrative etc...

I had this message to fix it -

wooshbuild 7 was released last week - this fixes the NAR issue.

backup settings
update wooshbuild
reload settings

Still a bit confused tbh as in settings there are LOADS of things to update ? Is below correct -

So backup to HDD/USB, then in Software panel, scroll down and find -

enigma2-plugin-extensions-wooshbuild-wooshbuild-config

Then Reload ??

Cheers

Is that not what i am wanting to do BUT instead of flashing via USB i am simply trying to download as stated ?

Would i not lose my 'image' that was SOLD to me as a CUSTOM image ?

I have the choice of Sly, SlyQ, Vm, and another...as GUI...

I presumed a BASIC Whoosh install would negate all the EFFORT that was put into the 'build' ?

Last edited:
Yes but that is what your backing up your settings.

Ah right, so just reload my settings and i will get back Sly, SlyQ, Vm, and another...as GUI...

I just need to find a manual downoad now..lol

Cheers mate...

I have backed up the FULL image, so i can just reinstall.

Hi Guy's ONLY just doing this, i first went into Software Management and backed up my system settings and it created a folder named -

backup_openatv_zgemmah2h (inside this folder is a tar file - enigma2settingsbackup.tar)

I then updated image from above and all went good BUT i am now unable to Restore my Sytem Settings !!!

I have formatted the USB stick and put the folder on it BUT when i plug it into either the front or Rear USB slot i just get -

'No Displayable files on this medium found' ??

I also just tried putting the .tar file on and get the same message ??

Anyone help as i know have NO Virmin !!!!

I have also tried to install via Software Managment 'Restore System settings' but get - Sorry, no backups found !

Cheers

God i've got Flash Gordon playing now (just followed Wooshbuild install without my settings)

Back to messing with bloody tuners again, LOST all my settings (used to have lovely image, coice skins etc, can't load them back).

Disabled Tuner A Sat one

Set up Tuner B to my my aNet Id again, no signal..peed right off !!!

Have you entered your Net ID and set Provider To Scan to "Virgin Media UK (all systems) In tuner config ?

Have you entered your Net ID and set Provider To Scan to "Virgin Media UK (all systems) In tuner config ?
Yes, plus disabled sat tuner BUT on Autobouquet scanner it still has 28.2E ?? I have BBC1

Everything shows in ALL CHANNELS but i have hardly ant FAVS as it in 28.2E sat ? Plus i have lost all my other innterface with options for other OSD etc, it's just a shitty Whooshbuild...

I just wanted update woosh and reload my Enigma settings, it was a great build.

On my OLD image in Autobouqet maker you could set your Net ID and to Virgin Pure, it stuck on 28.2E Sat ? Even though i have disabled that tuner ?

PLUS my backup os settings is useless, i was just expecting to reload it and be back as norm......

The Config File backup i made -enigma2settingsbackup.tar, contains 3 folders when unpacked -

etc
tmp
usr

Do i need to swap these manually via FTP ??

you can do but installing the .tar from menu should do the same

Back