Car insurance after accident !

Nice working out Davidh , but with it being Lpg it is at a premium at the moment, i can by gas for 45p per litre as opposed to £1:10 a litre for petrol :proud:

The insurers insisted on a premium increase to reflect the cost of the conversion £1,990. So surely i am entitled to whatever an 11 year old V70 is worth plus the added expense of a conversion if no alternative car can be bought through one of the autotrader/ ebay sites that had already been converted ?
Well i think so but then again i'm BIASED lol.:proud:

Volvo, lpg, 1997

1274551236-852950541434280230.jpg
Sheffield S volvo 1997 lpg automatic electric windows

full leather full service history long mot 4x electric windows memory drivers electric seat heated seats rear blinds volvo dog guard volvo removable tow bar (not fitted yet) drives faultless
gumtree - 23/05/2010
Similar searches lpg volvo v70 : lpg estate

£1,950 Email to a friendView on a map

Lpg Volvo V70 - Yakaz Used cars

get a few of these adds find the ones with the highest price and give them a copy
they will then pay out on this

www.ashwood-autos.co.uk : VOLVO V70 10V ESTATE..DUAL FUEL

£1595

Never looked at it like that audiobookman , thanks, i forgot i was entitled to a courtesy car :Clap:

Well all in all lads should i just take the "its a total loss text " as it and buy a replacement now , i need a car asap u see.
Theres no answer from them and its a paid for call , hung on for 35 mins earlier and gettin pissed off in an imaginary queue.
Think i'll text them. lol. :proud:
if u dont get a car asap
they will cancel ur policy and you will have to pay again
at an inflated price

just cause it's got the LPG conversion, it's not going to increase the value that much - it doesn't translate into car market value.

Yes but the idea of the insurance is to either financially return me to what i had before the incident in either monetary value or a vehicle of identical age condition Features etc.
Them offering me the basic cars worth w/out Lpg is not where i was prior to the accident.
So it looks like i may have a fight on with the insurers

if u dont get a car asap
they will cancel ur policy and you will have to pay again
at an inflated price

Hope not m8, i am supposed to have protected NCB plus its a feature of there policies that you have and i quote "Protected no claims discount for life "

I had previously not claimed in 14 years so should still have 14 years NCB.
:thnks::arrrr:

Last edited:
Protect NCB means nout, as you still need to mention the claim in a years time when you come to renew, and when its renewed it be extra by a lot in comprason to what you were paying now.

With in the insurence thing, if i was me, i'd settel for 1500 quid, even with the LPG its not a new or expesive car, and you'll be lucky to get that imo. Insturnece are payed robbers at the end of the day.

Try and haggle with them, let them keep your written off car, buy another one and transplant all of the LPG stuff :)

Yes but the idea of the insurance is to either financially return me to what i had before the incident in either monetary value or a vehicle of identical age condition Features etc.
Them offering me the basic cars worth w/out Lpg is not where i was prior to the accident.
So it looks like i may have a fight on with the insurers

Hope not m8, i am supposed to have protected NCB plus its a feature of there policies that you have and i quote "Protected no claims discount for life "

I had previously not claimed in 14 years so should still have 14 years NCB.
:thnks::arrrr:
u will have 14 yrs but ur premium will go up

the protected nc discount for life is a load of balls m8
bin it

i had it
had a few bumps
i still had 60% ncd but my insurance went from £700 up to £3600
and that was with 60% ncd

in with a contract if they pay out on a total loss the insurance u had for that yr is canceled and u must take out a new insurance at inflated prices

so get a car before they pay out and get it on ur policy now

good luck with sorting it out with your insurance company

when someone went into the back of my old mondeo, it went in for repairs. insurance company arranged pickup and gave me a courtesy car. but once the garage said write off due to cost greater than value of car, I had to return the courtesy car immediately. Once a decision has been made, thats it. I thought it stupid as it was not my fault and I ended up having to look for a new car, driving someone else's motor etc. Loads of hassle. Was in a rush due to work commitments and lack of holidays and work was out of town, not commutable (well it was but takes over 2 hours!). But thats the way the insurance companies work so I couldnt do anything.

I had protected ncb and every year my premium goes up even if I didnt have a claim. So what I do each year at renewal time is first get the renewal letter with their quote, then get new quotes from different companies and if you find a good one at a cheaper price, phone your old insurance company and tell them you got a better quote and dont want to renew. Everytime I did this, they offer me a nice reduction, basically price match but sometimes get a slightly better deal.

Like you can with moby companies at renewal times, you can do the same with insurance companies.

Back