can i fix 3RLOD 0110 error with this kit?

there is a good chance it will do if repasting stopped the rod for a bit but it is trial and error but worth a go :proud:

hi guys trying to fix 360. re pasted chips and heatsinks. only worked for like 5mins and when back to the same error. can i fix this error 0110 with this kit. or dose that kit not fix the ram prob?

XBOX 360 X Clamp Fix Kit RROD Xclamp Repair & HQ Paste on eBay (end time 21-Nov-09 13:10:04 GMT)

thanks gsim
that kit will do the job but it doesn't solve the problem all the time i use them rrod kits my self but what i do is make the holes where the 8 tx holes are slightly bigger just enough to fit a allen key in then fit the kit but then i put the X clamps back on by gluing them in place the reason for this is that the kit only pushes the bga,s down on the board and can make the board bow the other way and still give you the rrod once you have done this you can now put it back together leaving the case off and now you can fit the allen key through the holes and now tighten up the screws until you get no rrod using this method has given me a 100% success rate on 40+ boxs as yet.

good advise ,interesting how all peeps have different methods,i am waiting for a hybrid kit which should arrive this week,cost a lot more but looks the dogs,for my xbox :proud:

pic here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1640571/

looks a nice peice of well thought out kit mate
how much was it?

edit just saw at the top of picture £13 cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
You could assemble the kit yourself. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb5D3byAWIo]YouTube - After Oven Fix Tips Part 1[/ame]

11mm M5 screws/bolts
M5 steel washers
M5 nylon washers

Im doing it now following on from the oven bake yesterday. Im using 12mm M5 machine screw, M5 steel washers and M5 nylon washers. You have to drill the holes in the bottom of the case to get the bolts to go through.

All up and running again. I presume you are meant to leave all the small screws that go around the edge out?

Last edited:
I already got the parts. My dad is a manager at a manufacturing plant that makes gas fires. I told him what I wanted and he got them except for the nylon washers which I got from FWB.

Xbox is all back together. I put all the screws back and only screwed them in until I felt them start to tighten, then back them off a little. Seems to be doing the trick though.

B&Q sell M5 washers and bolts.

I already got the parts. My dad is a manager at a manufacturing plant that makes gas fires. I told him what I wanted and he got them except for the nylon washers which I got from FWB.

Xbox is all back together. I put all the screws back and only screwed them in until I felt them start to tighten, then back them off a little. Seems to be doing the trick though.

B&Q sell M5 washers and bolts.
Alright, sounds a peach. So far this seems to be the best method, but I haven't looked around everywhere.

Your oven method looks and sounds scary and damaging! lol

The 360 was originally x-clamped 6 months ago and failed about a month. I was given the box free and fitted the Team Xecuter Pro kit. I fitted the kit and overheated the gpu for 2 mins by leaving the fans unplugged. This worked briefly. I then found a few people were baking them in ovens. So with nothing to lose I did it. Put it back together and it is fine. This morning I removed everything from the box again, drilled the holes out in the bottom case, put 8 12mm M5 bolts thru the holes and held them in place with duct tape. Turning the case over I put 3 M5 washers on each bolt and placed the board over the top. Then I refitted the M5 nylon and steel washers on top of the board, reapplied ceramic compound and fitted the heatsinks. I have put the box back together and again it works okay. The only thing I am unsure about is if you have to put all the screws back in or just the long ones? I have put them all back but only snug tightened. I could clearly see in one corner how out the 360 metal case actually is.

Smoky - That is a very thorough account of what you've done. This is all gonna help me in my quest to sort my box out. Stupid m$ and their stupid work

Bro - Much appreciated mate. I wanna follow ur progress, what you did and your results. Do you mind making a thread? I've still got some time before I attmept this myself, need to get free from work and do my research..

ok guys thanks for all your help. i wil get kit and see how i get on. let yous know soon

thanks gsim

Back