Can CS share with my dm500s and how ?

2primo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok i want to share the connection i have with a further box in the house

Im currently connected to a server ive asked and the chap says that its ok as long i dont share more than 1 hop AND there my boxes !!
what i need to know is how difficult it is to set up and any pointers
ive looked around for a good guide but there all based on CS with a sub card
and as i do not have a card i figure its diff
so could you advise me how and what i will need ...
i assume i need some plug-ins and some config changes
thx for looking ...

yehh read and read again !!!

there's one or 2 issues i cant quite get any info or in fact my head around
lets exclude hops ,rights etc etc and keep this simple as can be !!
for my sake lol

so i add to my box (.cfg) as i want to share
F: user4 pass4 ( did say simple )

and i open a port on the router lets say 1200 for a start !

then i give my buddy this line for his (.cfg)
C: someserver.somedomain 12000 user4 pass4

wheres the someserver.somedomain come into it >?

is it as simple as joining dyndns.com on a free account and
lets say registering someserver.somedomain

i assume i make some random shit up ??? lol

i may be way off but ive had a hard week

more and more c/s stuff lately

So bod is that a yes or no ??
I did notice you had a pop @ setting a CS up so i assume your equipped to actually answer my question ..
I have no commercial interest in setting one up
My interest is purely borne from my inquisitive mind having had no experiencing in this sort of thing And finding as i go along its not hugely complicated
just adds to my frustration

This is not directed @ any one person but ffs its not a lost treasure map
its sharing some info on card sharing im lead to believe the whole thing was based on the ethos of sharing , And as per most things the commercial aspect comes into it and then it gets all cloak and dagger !!

Help a guy out ehh

Can't speak for bod here but you have a dig about 'sharing' just what card are you sharing here?

If the guy knows what he is doing he could of explained how to do it, but giving you an extra reshare they are obviously not that clued up. an extra line would have been a better option for you, there are a few reasons why this would be better.

I have said more times than i can remember here, so you have not read much on the subject. You dont need to open any port on your router if you are sharing on internal network.

I keep seeing how easy this cs is even you say its not complicated, well all i can say pasting a cline in a cfg is not what cs is all about.

Si

I did notice you had a pop @ setting a CS up so i assume your equipped to actually answer my question ..
My interest is purely borne from my inquisitive mind having had no experiencing in this sort of thing And finding as i go along its not hugely complicated

its sharing some info on card sharing im lead to believe the whole thing was based on the ethos of sharing , And as per most things the commercial aspect comes into it and then it gets all cloak and dagger !!

Help a guy out ehh

my comment was an observation
as lately there are more and more posts about c/s.........
its no secret around sat forums of my interest in the subject.........even on sat sites u wont get a straight forward answer or tut....but they are in a position to talk more freely.
the essence on c/s is sharing, but when peeps suddenly see that they can share 1 card, they can sometimes get into running a payserver...
and when it fooks up they are stumped .........thus giving the whole c/s scene a bad image

yehh read and read again !!!

there's one or 2 issues i cant quite get any info or in fact my head around
lets exclude hops ,rights etc etc and keep this simple as can be !!
for my sake lol

so i add to my box (.cfg) as i want to share
F: user4 pass4 ( did say simple )

and i open a port on the router lets say 1200 for a start !

then i give my buddy this line for his (.cfg)
C: someserver.somedomain 12000 user4 pass4

wheres the someserver.somedomain come into it >?

is it as simple as joining dyndns.com on a free account and
lets say registering someserver.somedomain

i assume i make some random shit up ??? lol

i may be way off but ive had a hard week

To answer your question about the someserver.somedomain bit

If your sharing across the web your mates box/config file will need to know where to go to for the share.

As most people have a dynamic IP , there has to be a way of keeping your IP address updated and thats where dydns comes in .

If you didn't use it then everytime your IP address changes your sharers would have to update their files with your new IP address . using dynds just ties whatever your IP address is to the particular domain address you register it to.

So no matter what your IP address ends up being , going to someserver.somedomain will point it to your current IP address

HTH

Check your PM's mate....

Help a guy out ehh

Thx for the reply's guys
@ Bod yep you echo what i was saying ref the card share interest

It was purely an observation and again i will say NOT directed @ Anyone as above, And ! as You also say its a little guarded...
Ohh yes i can see why and i did mention the fact i have no commercial interest whatsoever !!

However I dont have the inclination to set up and run a pay server
i just dont have the bloody time for a start , i am just that way inclined i was ripping things about when i was a kid i pulled my bigtrax to bits and rebuilt it
im never gona grow out ov it ... Hence i frequent sites like this !!

@ nilrem
Thats made things a step clearer for me Thx , I have very little knowledge of networking so i will try and gem up on it.
but on that bit i was hitting a wall , Thx to your post Yep im grasping the fact when i reboot my modem my ip will or could change and then the .cfg would be redundant and need updating (pain in the ass)
But i will Have to have a read on how to use the dyndns.com or equivalent
and just how they work ..
I just dont get it @ the moment i know why but not how
(ive had a bad week and worse day today !!)

Lastly @swanside
Minted appreciate your time thats a help for sure ...

Last edited:
Thx for the reply's guys
@ Bod yep you echo what i was saying ref the card share interest

It was purely an observation and again i will say NOT directed @ Anyone as above, And ! as You also say its a little guarded...
Ohh yes i can see why and i did mention the fact i have no commercial interest whatsoever !!

However I dont have the inclination to set up and run a pay server
i just dont have the bloody time for a start , i am just that way inclined i was ripping things about when i was a kid i pulled my bigtrax to bits and rebuilt it
im never gona grow out ov it ... Hence i frequent sites like this !!

@ nilrem
Thats made things a step clearer for me Thx , I have very little knowledge of networking so i will try and gem up on it.
but on that bit i was hitting a wall , Thx to your post Yep im grasping the fact when i reboot my modem my ip will or could change and then the .cfg would be redundant and need updating (pain in the ass)
But i will Have to have a read on how to use the dyndns.com or equivalent
and just how they work ..
I just dont get it @ the moment i know why but not how
(ive had a bad week and worse day today !!)

Lastly @swanside
Minted appreciate your time thats a help for sure ...
nilerm rightyly explained the reasyon for noip an dyndns domains in the share links

however as your using your local network to share your hop you will just need to put the ip of the box into the cfg of the recieving box...

eg..

Net (82.1.1.1) -> router - > box 1 (192.168.2.5) <-> box 2 (192.168.2.6

so the fline would be 192.168.2.5:2100 user1 pass4

no need to open port in router either iirc

neorage
Okidoki thats made it simple thx bud
Over the next few days time permitting And assuming Vermin fix my internet
as they upgraded a server on wed of last week and have not had a solid connection for longer than 30mins since then (large stream of fleeting expletives ) so using im using my opoo dongle ..
i will have a pop @ that
But i do wana have a go @ sharing outside my network just so i can !!
i have had some great help and this is the 1st step im gona try so excellent
ta bud

Back