Building and planning

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A property with a decent size plot to the right has come on the market near to me. We gave contacted the estate agent and the old lady is now in home who says it had outline planning for a 2 bed bungalow 15 years ago.
I've never had dealings with planning. With Covid its impossible to speak to anyone and emails takes weeks to be replied to.
I have applied for planning using sketches, measurements, photos etc for a 3/bed bungalow purely to remain in keeping with the surrounding properties.

Without some guidance I can't make an offer as the estate agent has added a premium saying "Potential building plot".

Can anyone give give me some advise guidelines and tips regarding outline planning full planing timescales etc.

One more thing, how set in concrete is outline planning (subject to design) when granted ?

I can't really advise on your questions mate, the only things I know are if you are granted planning permission for say an extension you have 3 years to do it before having to re submit. I'm guessing that subject to design is to comply with Current planning/building regs.

Could you not speak to an architect or structural engineer who would be clued up on this.

ye planning permissions do expire but if you have started the work , this includes even 1 foundation then it wont expire

Back