Can Chorus Card Be Used In The Dreambox..?

Its a better idea to crack your subscriber card. If something went wrong you can tell upc the kids lost the card or such thing else and you need a new one.

Are there any tut to help?

Why would you need to crack a subscriber card, any old open romcard would do?
You can make up a mosc card easily for the provider using ANY boxkey that you like, then pair your dreambox to that. Surely that would be the best option.
Of course unlike your dreambox, the mosc will get the keys right too, lol.

edcase

If you are able to find a old chorus card than you can do it so.

some of the provider's guys are selling modded cards here for €120..........are they worth getting

they work in the dreambox . . . . would one show us anything . .

€120 for what ??????

If they are Mosc cards then the image will be no different today than it was a month ago. This new keyroll type will be totally transparent as far as Mosc cards are concerned.

If its Fun/ATMega's then the fix is achieved in a very similar way to the last fix. See the ATMega challenge thread.

The most you should be paying for either of these cards is probably about €10

€120 for what ??????

If they are Mosc cards then the image will be no different today than it was a month ago. This new keyroll type will be totally transparent as far as Mosc cards are concerned.

If its Fun/ATMega's then the fix is achieved in a very similar way to the last fix. See the ATMega challenge thread.

The most you should be paying for either of these cards is probably about €10

They are Mosc cards from what I have heard.
I heard one big 'Pirate King' bought 100 Mosc cards to program.How he got his hands on that many is beyond me.
€120 is ridiculous but what do you expect ,most of these guys are unscrupulous and after a fast buck.

its a c-orus guy saying they are c-orus cards and that they will not be affected by the keyrolls...

he is telling people that they are going to keep messing with our boxes and the card is the only failsafe way now

only a good sales pitch I know, but he's selling a few

he will do the whole lot, aerial, psu, stb and card for €600 . . . . . .

personally I prefer the challenge of out smarting them myself . . . all part of the fun ....

I bet the guy gets his info from forums like this, and probably doesnt even have a clue how the keyrolls work. The only reason that moscs (in the way most people program them) still work is that they havent been targeted. If they did ever target them I bet he would be here looking for a fix along with everyone else.

normal card without any set up use Gbox 2.25d.( not the best version for sat but will read card including nds without setup) this will read card, var/tmp will also show keys.

Terrestrial ? not sure what you mean, if you mean top up tv don't see any reason why not only thing don't like to activate topup tv cards but once activated will work and auto update new pids.

Gbox is also not working without knowing the boxkey of a nagra card.

If you want to use your card and you know the boxkey install a gemini image, install newcamd and newcamd cardserver plus config files via online addon. Edit the cardserver config file with your boxkey and enable newcamd and cardserver in the blue button menu.
Thats it.
I download newcamd 5.28 and newcamd cardserver and newcs-config_1.14 files on the DW 2.0 image. Is that all the right files. Do I edit the config file using Tuxbox commander if so where is the config file located.
Thanks

edit: think I found it /var/tuxbox/config newcs.xml ? what should the line look like I need to edit

Last edited:
cardserv.cfg
Look for boxkey and remove the # and blank.

Is /var/tuxbox/config the right location for cardserv.cfg or have I not downloaded the correct config file?

Last edited:
The config file should be located in var/tuxbox/config/newcamd.
You need config files for the newcamd/cardserver combination. Newcs is something different.

Back