Can Chorus Card Be Used In The Dreambox..?

im gonna give it a go , can someone please point me to the correct newcamd+newcamd cardsever.config i need to try and run a rom11 in my DB 500C ?. i cant seem to find them in downloads.

Did you have any luck ?
Trying to get it working myself but no luck so far.

Install a gemini image and you can install newcamd complete 6.10b and newcamd_config_betad-6.02 via addon.

Install a gemini image and you can install newcamd complete 6.10b and newcamd_config_betad-6.02 via addon.

I've done that .
Have 3 files in the var/tuxbox/config/newcamd: betad.cfg,cardserv.cfg, and newcamd.conf.
I guess I will have to change some of the settings ?

As posted at the previous page you have to enable the boxkey line in cardserv.cfg and type the boxkey of the card.
After that start newcamd_cardserver.
Betad or spider are not needed.

As posted at the previous page you have to enable the boxkey line in cardserv.cfg and type the boxkey of the card.
After that start newcamd_cardserver.
Betad or spider are not needed.

Yes I have entered the correct boxkey and removed the # before it but it still doesnt work.

As mentioned at the previous page telnet to the box and kill/restart the cardserver. You should see at the messages if the card is ok.
Maybe you have to move the line with the boxkey to the bottom of cardserv.cfg.

As mentioned at the previous page telnet to the box and kill/restart the cardserver. You should see at the messages if the card is ok.
Maybe you have to move the line with the boxkey to the bottom of cardserv.cfg.

I tried both of these ,lol.
It seems Newcamd is trying to load Roms from the var/scee folder instead of reading from the card.
Do I need to change the newcamd.config file too ?
I've made alot of changes to the cardserv.cfg but still no luck.
I tried a new bare Gemini image and also one that was setup for evocamd and had the new patched roms.
No luck with either.
i've edited CCCam in the past on a 500s but so far Newcamd is tricky .

Cardserver is handling the card not newcamd.
You should check if the card is recognised from cardserver. Therefor telnet.
Beside that newcamd and cardserver are preconfigured except the boxkey if your start newcamd_6.10b_cardserver.

I never got a chance to telnet to the box yet to see if it works yet been too busy . Fano did you have any luck with mgb's instruction "type killall cardserver_6.10b to stop it. Type cardserver_6.10b to start it"
Cheers

The card has to be inserted with the contacts downwards and backwards.
Maybe thats the fault.

No such luck being that handy for me :(
I don't even use my dreambox I'm just doing it for the hell of it, just can't seem to get it working although I haven't tried telnet to it yet.

Last edited:
Cardserver is handling the card not newcamd.
You should check if the card is recognised from cardserver. Therefor telnet.
Beside that newcamd and cardserver are preconfigured except the boxkey if your start newcamd_6.10b_cardserver.

I see thanks.
What command will show the card is being detected ,/var/bin/newcamd_6.10b ?
I tried that command and it came up with a string of lines ,parse errors,files missing in ppua etc.
I have the card inserted correctly allright.
Will the files in var/scee affect the card reading ?

Last edited:
Yeah I got parse error on line 205 of the config file which happens to be the same line as the box key
I put the # sign back in front of the box key to see would it run alright I think it did no errors. Am I putting the box key in the wrong format?

Last edited:
I see thanks.
What command will show the card is being detected ,/var/bin/newcamd_6.10b ?
I tried that command and it came up with a string of lines ,parse errors,files missing in ppua etc.
I have the card inserted correctly allright.
Will the files in var/scee affect the card reading ?

I talk about cardserver all the time not newcamd.
Stop and start cardserver_6.10b

When I put the boxkey at the end of the config file I got the follow message see attached jpg

I talk about cardserver all the time not newcamd.
Stop and start cardserver_6.10b

Aha I see now,silly me.
Will try that.
So do we only need to enable the cardserver component and not the newcamd component ?

Last edited:
When I put the boxkey at the end of the config file I got the follow message see attached jpg

You have to use exact the same blanks between the numbers as in the example.
BOXKEY = 11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88

I did that correct mgb. Putting the box key at the end of the config file would that error stop it from running correctly. Haven't tried AU yet after doing that. What message should I get if its up and running alright

the second last command looks good. The last time you ran it you got an error because
cardserver was already running..

can you run newcamd_6.10b now and post the output

btw, boxkey should be just below serial_port=0

SERIAL_PORT = 0
TCP_PORT = 10000
BOXKEY = BB BB BB BB BB BB BB BB

Back