Can Chorus Card Be Used In The Dreambox..?

Is this possible to do this with the DW 2.0 image. I tried the gemini image but it wouldn't find any channels when I scan for them, even when I tried a manual scan for a frequency. When I installed newcamd using the online addon option the directory var/tuxbox/config/newcamd isn't their either on the dw image.
Thanks

Deinstall the other versions at the gemini image.
Install newcamd_610b complete and newcamd-config-betad-6.02.
After that you can start the delete option for betad and spider in the menue if you want.
In the manual scan menue you have to type leading zeros. For instance frequency 00291 symbol rate 06887 64qam for Dublin.
Enable additionally network search, BAT and ONID.

Terrestrial ? not sure what you mean, if you mean top up tv don't see any reason why not only thing don't like to activate topup tv cards but once activated will work and auto update new pids.

I mean ch-rus mmds, dreambox with aerial for digital terrestrial . .
I was wondering if the card would work in the dreambox, just to save having both boxes connected to the TV at the same time

I also thought it might show me keys or something . . . .

sometimes I think I ask questions I don't understand myself . . . . cheers anyway for all the work.

You simply need the boxkey of a nagra card to get it working in a dreambox.
The boxkey is part of the decryption between cam/softcam and card.
All the blokes are talking about other scrambling systems like NDS, seca or such thing else. You cannot compare the other scrambling systems with nagravision.

Thanks again mgb.
Would like to try get it working on the dw image or even try get the auto scan working in the gemini image. Is it possible to take part of the file system from the dw image that auto scan with the correct symbol rate, and use it in the gemini image?. I'll give a go also to trying to manual install the newcamd on the dw image

so basically , say i've got a working rom11 image with a blocker (keyrolls fine) and i place that card in my newly flashed box with DW2.0 it will roll like it would in a P*CE box ?.sorry if its bit of a straight forward question but im trying to figure out how to get round the key method.
im just trying to get me head round the BK / IRD business that you need on a rom11.

so basically , say i've got a working rom11 image with a blocker (keyrolls fine) and i place that card in my newly flashed box with DW2.0 it will roll like it would in a P*CE box ?.sorry if its bit of a straight forward question but im trying to figure out how to get round the key method.
im just trying to get me head round the BK / IRD business that you need on a rom11.
Yeah thats the idea sliverdale. But I'm using the gemini image as you can add on the newcamd and cardserver file handy. Only thing you would need to know is you BK on the card input it in the config file on the dreambox and you should be away in a hack. Well thats the idea have mine semi sorted now just waiting to see does it AU.
Does anyone have a link to the newcamd with the extention .tar.gz for handy install using dreambox control center
Thanks

@steakknife03
If you upload the irish10 cables.xlm from the downloads to var/etc at a gemini image and reboot the box, you get the same scanning functions like at a dw image.

Thanks mgb once again.
Still doesnt seem to be working for me even when I have the most update keys on the MOSC just in case its not updating for any reason.Is their anyway of checking to see if its actually reading the card. I've edited the config file as below but still not joy. Do you need to but the IRD in anyway?

#
# Boxkey (for Nagra1 cards only) (L)
# 8 byte des boxkey of your nagra smartcard. This boxkey is needed for proper
# use of your card, otherwise you'll get incorrect control words
BOXKEY = xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
#
# Example
#
DESKEY = 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
SERVER_NAME = cardserv
DEBUG_PORT = 14000
ENTITLEMENT_PORT = 14001
ADMIN_PORT = 14002
ADMIN_PASSWORD = secret 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
USER = local local lan 127.0.0.1 12000
USER = spider spider lan 127.0.0.1 15003
DEBUG_INIT = no
DEBUG_NET = no
DEBUG_ECM = no
DEBUG_EMM = no
#SERIAL_PORT = 0
#TCP_PORT = 10000
SERIAL_PORT = 1
TCP_PORT = 10001

Last edited:
Telnet to the box, type killall cardserver_6.10b to stop it. Type cardserver_6.10b to start it. You should getall message now in the telnet window.

Telnet to the box, type killall cardserver_6.10b to stop it. Type cardserver_6.10b to start it. You should getall message now in the telnet window.

It did stop and start the cardserver using the option on the box itself I'll give it a go later.

you need to uncomment these two lines for a start :)
#SERIAL_PORT = 0
#TCP_PORT = 10000

obwan

Serial_port 0 is the upper slot at a 7x box.
It makes not much sense at a dreambox 500.

im gonna give it a go , can someone please point me to the correct newcamd+newcamd cardsever.config i need to try and run a rom11 in my DB 500C ?. i cant seem to find them in downloads.

I don't think CCcam is able to handle nagra1 cards.
There is only newcamd cardserver left over for nagra1.

Back