Can Chorus Card Be Used In The Dreambox..?

I did that correct mgb. Putting the box key at the end of the config file would that error stop it from running correctly. Haven't tried AU yet after doing that. What message should I get if its up and running alright

The card is listening at port 10000
You have to change the port from 10001 to 10000 in newcamd.conf.

CWS = 127.0.0.1 10000 local local 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan cardserv

Btw obiwan was right at one of the previous pages.
SERIAL_PORT = 0
TCP_PORT = 10000
have to be enabled in cardserv.cfg.

I done everything so far i've been told, Am I up and running? I've attached a jpg

Edit Just hooked it up and its working fine. Thanks for all the help mgb and obwan.

Last edited:
Btw obiwan was right at one of the previous pages.
SERIAL_PORT = 0
TCP_PORT = 10000
have to be enabled in cardserv.cfg.

Should Serial_Port = 1 as on the DM500 SERIAL_PORT = 1 is the card slot, 2 is the
serial port

The description is wrong.
Due to the cardserver log from steakknife03 SERIAL_PORT = 0 is the cardslot at a 500 box.

Here's the working files needed fano just put your boxkey in and your all sorted

out of curiosity does this work on dbox2 or would you need a cam

what exactly is the objective here?

Auto updating your keys from a MOSC instead of the dreambox doing it. So if the cc target the current setup on your dreambox you won't have to worry as you will be getting keys from the MOSC( which hopefully is less likely to go down)

Took me awhile to get it going to too fano. Might try get it working on the DW2.0 image.
Anyone got a link to download newcamd and cardserver files? (the one in the download section on dw image are different to gemini's)

Last edited:
Auto updating your keys from a MOSC instead of the dreambox doing it. So if the cc target the current setup on your dreambox you won't have to worry as you will be getting keys from the MOSC( which hopefully is less likely to go down)

anyone else expecting a mosc hit soon?

m8,

after i change the key, i tried to killall but no process n cardserver_6.10b, i get this error. can some1 advise?
Million thx in advance.

Cheers

put the # sign back in front of line 205. I take it your using the gemini image too

i am using Gemini_0431_DM500_26022008.img... if i put the # sign back, that line error will be gone, if i put the # back to both boxkey, it will show this

1 thing i notice, as i am using OSC, not MOSC... on channels that i pay for, the "N" turns from yellow to GREEN but no pic is showing... do i switch cardserver to newcamd?

p.s: both # is place back infront of the boxkey.

hope m8 can advise.

cheers

You need to know the boxkey of your orginal smart card by unlooping it first. So the card you have is no good unless you do this.
When you do know the boxkey just grab the config files I uploaded leave the # as they are and just input your boxkey.

Success at last !
I tried the files you uploaded Steakknife but it still didnt detect the Nagravision card.
Was getting fed up when I decided to try my neighbours dreambox just to make sure it wasnt a card reader issue.
Flipping hell it worked straight away with the other box,my card reader must be faulty.
I could have been there till 2020 and I'd never have got it to work.:Biggrin2:

have been playing about with this and not sure whats wrong im useing a mosc card with a working bk on it and have it in the config that was put up have newcamd-cardserver 6.10b running and when i turn to chan bottom right i see a small N go green from red that should mean its working in telnet i get think this is right know it see card as when i pull it out it logs out then back in when put back in

telnet
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

config
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

bk is fake

Last edited:
Close telnet and restart newcamd-cardserver.
Maybe you have to wait a little be for the card au to new keys.

Back